Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

geography

[2z...]

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ar...]

• [Da...]

• [2z...]

• [sa...]

Hyde park London U.K .( Rotten Row  for horse riding ) (or maybe a row of terraced houses)

Hutt River Province?

Good Oh David, about dinner!

Gaza province, Mozambique

Research shows, avg mean temps in Jan 79 F, 26 C. I think I'd rather be there or Oz right now. It was 2 F last night on my back deck. Doesn't usually get that low here. Had to suit up the dogs with heavy sweaters this AM. Wind chill below 0 F. Pup couldn't have cared less. She is still trying to eat all the snow on the ground :laugh: 15 yr Old guy was a bit chilled, but he kept on going. My wood pile is frozen together too. Oh well. Just deal with it  right??

Monster Kabinett?

Berlin, Germany.

Mariana Trench?

Brr. sounds freezing, there, yes Oz is av. temp 20's C. is really mostly pleasant here but does get humid sometimes, & yesterday in the city was hot. 40's c is a heatwave here, only for a few days. Still bushfires in Victoria & someone stared a fire in Melbourne Hospital.

Astrophysical Observatory tower Potsdam, Germany.

Tavurvur Volcano?

Wondered if you had worked at Westmead Hospital Zam. It hasn't got such a good reputation these days as  shortage of money for medicare, & in an outer suburb. Need to be a practical person to be a theatre sister, you must have seen a lot. My H has studied for  3 years of a medical degree,( didn't finish degree)was some feat just to get into the course in those days.

Rabaul, Papua New Guinea

Yea, helped set up ORs when it was 1st commissioned back in mid-80's. My claim to fame, though. Worked with the late Michael E DeBakey, MD Houston heart surgeon.

I've seen lots of not so nice stuff. Too true, but was always able to find the joy. Not so good at it right now.

Picture this: my small Senegal cock parrot who can fly has taken up residents on my shoulder. He refuses to leave & he DOES bite when provoked, so either I have to whack him up side the head to get him to go or he'll devil me until I give him a tickle or food. Aren't you envious of my exciting life??

Museé Fragonard?

Do like that website I found - Atlas Obsura :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Paris, France

Kola Superdeep Borehole?

Yeah, must be intense atmosphere in an operating theatre .I grew up with Dr's children as friends . My Mum was a pharmacist so we often mixed with the medical set, socially,  quite a few women Dr's which was unusual for the era . Maybe less so in The U. S, but women mot so accepted in those days, here is OZ,  of course changed today . Our "guest "now  a female Chinese mechanical engineer works in a gold mine.

Chile

You been to Pucon? Looks super!

Lake Okeechobee?

Should have stayed up & played more last nite. Finally feel asleep around 6 AM, local time after being in the bed from 2 AM. Don't feel too bad though. Slightly warmer t-day, around 30oF. Took dogs on long walk. Thought I was going to have to carry the old boy back, but he is a trooper.

Florida USA everglades

Zipaquira Cathedral?

I have been to Sth America but not Chile, sounds like you had a good walk this morning with the dogs.

Cundinamarca, Colombia

South Padre Island?

Yea. We had a great walk, but my back is really bothering me now. Might have to stop play & lay down. Pup is driving me crazy too! She is such a garbage mouth. at least 30 toys on the floor & she is either eating the stuffing out of her kennel mattress or eating wood chips from around the fire place. Bad rearing by breeder :tickedoff: I can't take my eyes off her for more than 5 mins. :tickedoff:

Tibet

Yes. After I put down my other old (16yr) min poodle in Apr '12  :( :( :'( the remaining 15 yr old guy who was brought up with the other fellow & the last of my 7 dogs was inconsolable. during a really good phase in my W/D in Oct, I foolishly :crazy::idiot: when out & bought a new CH dam & sired black min poo pup from AKC registered breeder. Long story, but pup never got much attention in formative period & now has all the undesirable habits of a junk yard dog. I used to show in both conformation & obedience shows.

PS: the old dog uses her like a sight/hearing partners since he is both deaf & almost blind. He is mostly intolerant of her over exuberant manner though.

Then you already heard the dead parrot  :'( :'( story too. Like running a child day care & old folks home. Everyone is so needy. Me too, but no help for me. :idiot:  :-\:crazy::o Oh well. I seem to have a very resilent nature though so I guess I'll survive.  :P :P Maybe not happily but whatever. ::) ::)

Cathedral of St. Ambrose?

Des Moines Iowa USA

The Valley Of  Geysers?

Gee quite a menagerie, but good companionship too. for you.We have, a Dalmatian. A Dalmation  saved my life once more or less, when I was 5, so I love dogs.

Saw where you spent nearly 8 years in Australia, not just on a short contract here, you did say you had emigrated here.

I get very bored & am tied down with the dog,  so can't really just can't wander off around Asia for months on end .H & I have different interests, in some ways complement one another, other ways a complete mismatch, we just muddle through at times .H. is very science/ maths oriented & has somewhat of  a distain  for the humanities, except for sci fi . He's very practical though & I'd not cope too well on my own, but probably could manage if I really had to.

• 2 weeks later...

Des Monies Iowa USA

The Valley Of  Geysers?

Gee quite a menagerie, but good companionship too. for you.We have, a Dalmatian. A Dalmatian  saved my life once more or less, when I was 5, so I love dogs.

Saw where you spent nearly 8 years in Australia, not just on a short contract here, you did say you had emigrated here.

I get very bored & am tied down with the dog,  so can't really just can't wander off around Asia for months on end .H & I have different interests, in some ways complement one another, other ways a complete mismatch, we just muddle through at times .H. is very science/ maths oriented & has somewhat of  a disdain  for the humanities, except for sci fi . He's very practical though & I'd not cope too well on my own, but probably could manage if I really had to.

Russia

Sedlec Ossuary "Bone Church"?

away from cyber travel for awhile. Mostly brain fog + sore from PT + weather clean up.

Had a good friend back in the day who breed Dals for conformation shows. Carefree Kennels was registered name. You're right about travel with pets. worse sometimes than children - not that I had any kids - only ever had animals of all kinds. right now, I'd like to farm the ones I have out & go walk about somewhere very tropical with soft sandy beaches & warm sea water, like maybe up near Port Douglas way & reef. even a weekend in a 5 star hotel in Disney world would do. I like science/math & am practical too, but like to think I'm good with humanities & arts with a vivid imagination & still lots of dreams to dream. married when was young. I've Been long time alone. lots of casual relationships, none every stuck. Only problem with solo life, you have to do everything. no 'honeydo' stuff or whatever. that's gets tougher as age slows you down.

my bedtime. some better sleep, but still not good. maybe when weather gets warmer here will brighten my spirits.

BTW not to be picky, just informational  8) the Cathedral of St. Ambrose - Church of the Dinosaur Skull I was referring to is in Rozzano, Italy. never been, probably never will. just looked neat. :thumbsup:

2zam