Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Why Negative Statements about BenzoBuddies?

[be...]

I hope I don't get in trouble for this.  I am NOT stating these views.  I am happy to be here and have gotten advice and comfort from this Website.  But when I googled Benzobuddies, there seems to be some individuals who do not like this site and even compared it to a cult.  Does anyone know where this negativity comes from?

Hi Beeman ... what you likely came across was input from a member that was banned from this site.  Apparently he doesn't handle rejection well and has been in retaliation mode for years.  I give him as little attention as possible.  You did scare me though, posting this under Benzo's in the News ... this is definitely not news, it's very old actually.  :)

Hope that this explains the situation.

Hi beeman,

Whoopsie is right. You must have stumbled across a blog from a previously banned member. He's having a childish temper tantrum that's lasted a couple of years. :laugh: We don't pay him any mind. No on visits his blog except those who stumble across is as you did. I'd ignore that and move on with your healing and recovery. That's why we're here.  :)

I can smell a rat and just had too much positive feedback here to believe it...I was just curious why someone would post hateful remarks about a place where there is so much compassion and support.  I feel sorry for that guy.  He must really be lost.

Yeah, It's a shame those few people miss out on the great compassion and support here at bb, but that's their choice. The fact that so many people here derive so much benefit and give so much love and support to one another, completely overshadows any negative opinions from a few bad seeds. Just my thoughts on the subject. ;)

Joey

I actually look to see how many column inches i am given, it gives me a chance to laugh at myself and i do, i find it quite amusing but only the stuff directed at myself, if you can laugh at yourself it´s not a problem... i am bonkers on here and i am tapering for a gazillion years, so what? It´s not news to me that´s for sure.  ;)

Oscar.

WOW!

This is the first time I have gotten off the withdrawal/recovery forum. This subject has been bothering me for 5 freaking monthes now. When I first googled benzowithdrawal, I too came across all this very weird stuff about bb being a cult (Scientology, I think-). I was extremely, terribly fragile back then and this absolutely terrified me. It prevented me from fining the support I desperately needed.

I braved thru this terror maybe 2 monthes later and "discovered" the Forums. My life didnt miraculousy improve (BIG grin!) but I began to put the puzzle pieces together and definitly have found knowledge and support here.

I have to say that the very first BB thing I found was something titled "Cesspool of Madness". And in my terrified state, THIS scared me no end also. Didnt help that when I pm's a new buddy here, the title was blocked out. No I didnt imagine this, or so I think. I have read the whole Cesspool thing since and tho I dont truly understand where they are coming from, it sure wasnt the terrifying thing I originally perceived it as being.

I just previewed this and the name of the article is again blocked out. Whats with this, bb? I dont get it. Please explain. Dont want my paranoia to run away again!

Hope

The nutjob already knows the name, doesnt he? I am confused. But believe me, I honestly think BB may have saved my life and would go down defending it. Its just very mysterious and puzzling, especially to a (hopefully temporary-) brain-damaged benzo victim.

We don't want to advertise it to our members here on the forum. This guy has a screw loose and we're more concerned with our members getting support and healing. Not discussing a blog and the nut who writes it. He's insignificant. He feeds on members who are in withdrawal and feeling ill. He uses the fear and anxiety that is normally associated with withdrawing off these medication to try to upset members. Why would we want to advertise such a blog?

Btw, there is no mystery here. The abusive blogger used to be a member of this forum. He was banned. He then started writing a blog about benzowithdrawal forums, including BB. I guess he thought in doing so that he would freak us out and we would shut down the forum. Obviously this tactic didn't work and still isn't working. In short, he's been having a 2 year long temper tantrum.

I understand his blog can seem upsetting but please understand this is why he writes it. He wants to upset members of the forum in the hope that they will get so freaked out they will leave. He is one man with one very childish blog. No one reads it except for those who stumble across it, like you did eastcoast. If you see comments on his blog by different people, they are all him. He creates multiple accounts and comments to himself. It's so pathetic it's not worth all this discussion.

eastcoast, (or any member) if you have further concerns please contact me.

Hope1962

Hope, I am still very confused. Are you saying that the Cesspool thing was written by this sad person? Your answer might clear up a really big cloud Ive carried since July.

Yes eastcoast.

Please send me a personal message and I'll try to clear things up for you. I'd rather we not litter up the forum with discussing this trash blog written by this even more trashy individual.  ::)

Hi I am new here and this is my first post.  Just a note to say I saw that blog during my google search and checked out the forum as a guest to see what he was talking about and what I found was a community of supportive and caring people whom I felt I could take this journey with.  So I wrote dude off as disgruntled and deranged and signed up.  So perhaps he unwittingly steered me in the right direction..

• 2 weeks later...

beeman

I ran into this also, when I first tried to find online support. I am sure we're talking about the same guy, same sites.....very disturbing! I was so frightened it kept me from finding the support I needed for about 2 monthes. What a relief to finally "find the real BB" and start learning and growing.

I have been told theres several former members of BB who have decided to trash this site...not sure why, it just seems to be their reason for living...They sound very mentally ill to me. Its very sad.