Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Internet radio

[2z...]

Anybody like streaming world wide internet radio to home theater systems? Like to hear from you. I got some interesting stations I listen to.

Music is the only thing that relaxes me. I do listen to foreign language radio even though I don't speak or mostly understand them.

I like most all music except rap, heavy metal or some punk rock.

I'm mostly into what I guess is known as musicology? I like to understand the origins of the music.

I'm in the over 60's age group, maybe that accounts for my preferences.

me too over sixty, better side of 65 though. I have wifi at home and listen to stations on Classical Lite with my itouch connected to external speakers. If, you google classical lite you should be able get the app, it is free. Very relaxing stuff. I guess there are rock stations out there. Let me know if I have been of any help, David

PS: any interesting stations please pass my way, but no rap please!

Hi David,

Do you have a streaming device? Or do I understand that you connect to the internet via a WiFi card to your set up? No hard wire?

I have a Roku HD device connected to my Sony Home Theater system. I'm connected to the internet via a cable modem & then I set up my in house wireless network through a Netgear wireless router. The Roku is recognized by my network. Then I connect to the station using a channel called "tunein". It is all free too.

If you like oldies standards & easy listening from a far back as the 1920's, here is my favorite pick. It stream out of New Castle, NSW, Australia. I'm found of everything Aussie since I had an immigrant visa & lived there for a number of years when I was still working.

This is the best one I've found for oldie, oldies. They play the best music memories - Timeless memories 24/7. It is not commercial free, but they are not bothersome. I actually enjoy hearing about some of the sponsors.

http://www.radio1629am.com

Judy Garland is now singing: "Somewhere over the Rainbow"  & now Marice Chevalier is sing "Gigi"on this station.

thanks for the response. Keep in touch. I do have some lite classical stations to set up as pre-set station.

Hi

I just have a simple set up with WIFI, not in anyway elaborate like you have. I am more into classical music, so will check out the link. Thank you! Not that impressed with modern 'music'. I do like American delta blues  and all folk music. Dd.

Noticed you playing the movie, music & geography games too. Me too. passes the time when my back doesn't hurt too much & I can sit still & concentrate.