Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

what is your New Years Resolution?

[ja...]

My New Years resolution is to learn to type faster ;) And to learn to play my Harmonica. Im sure I have others but these are my main 2 things. Cant wait to hear yours. Love Jackie  :smitten: :smitten:

Hey Laura, OK I feel really stupid. What is stiff stick? I'm guessing its a stick or a clutch? I bet you end up with the Garden for sure. That sounds awesome. Thanks for posting. Love it. Hugs Jackie

My brother bought me a guitar 2 Christmas's ago...and I still can't play.  I play piano so I know if I work on it I'll get there, but w/ the nervous energy and lack of motivation I had for so long, it's taken me some time to focus....but I think this year might be the year.  :)  My dream is to be able to strum while out in our backyard having a bonfire. 

I also want to work on getting in better shape...I am very thin now that I'm off all meds so that feels good, but I need to work on toning.  One of the things I will start doing it hiking more...I live near an amazing trail, so there's no excuse.  My dad said he'd join me any time.

Great thread!

My brother bought me a guitar 2 Christmas's ago...and I still can't play.

Hey Schatje

If you want a way to easily and quickly  learn how to strum some chords, tune your guitar to an open tuning.

Google open tunings and you will be playing in minutes.

You can thank me later.  :laugh:

River

• 1 year later...

ONLY ONE THING.....KEEP MYSELF ALIVE TILL THE NEXT NEW YEARS and then repeat :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Hang in there Esther. I know you're stronger than that post! What are your true resolutions?

I have several resolutions:

1.) I want to be healthier. I lost 60 lbs the past two and a half years and while that was a huge goal for me I have lost so much muscle mass and had eating issues since then and I want to be able to stabilize my weight and put on some muscle while eating regularly.

2.) I want to stop smoking cigarettes and marijuana. I've been a daily smoker of marijuana for almost 8 years now and I started this early when I started to reduce my bzdp. Today marks one month since I've smoked any marijuana or any cigarettes.

3.) I want to get back into guitar like I was 10 years ago. I used to be able to play so many great songs and lost it all over time,,now I just fiddle around. I also want to get a keyboard and learn to play piano again and read music again.

4.) I want to spend more time with my grandparents. My grandpa on my moms side passed away in June 2013 and I really regret not spending enough time with him. He was a veteran and this past Tuesday made me pretty sad.

5.) I want to get off my clonazepam!!

Love all the resolutions!!!! Hey Esthersmom your going to make it, keep the faith. Believe in yourself. You can do this!!

2015 Resolution, enjoy life no matter what is thrown at me. Get the most out of everyday. Something I lost for the past 20 years on benzo's.

Love Jackie :smitten: