Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

For Your Information

[pa...]

Visit..... [nobbc]www.Change.org[/nobbc]

There are many very meaningful petitions that need support.  Most especially, some important,  regarding the tragedy that occurred in Newton, Connecticut on Friday.

Pattylu

Edit: url deactivated. (See reason below)

Hi Pattylu,

While I appreciate why you posted this link (I too have been devastated by recent events) it does go against our guidelines. Gun control is a political issue and we don't allow politics on the forum.

Do not use this community to promote or proselytize a specific religious and/or political viewpoint. Do not denigrate a specific religious and/or political viewpoint nor denigrate a specific ethnicity or culture.  We are a support group and do not condone prejudice in any form.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=67143.0

Hi Pattylu,

While I appreciate why you posted this link (I too have been devastated by recent events) it does go against our guidelines. Gun control is a political issue and we don't allow politics on the forum.

Do not use this community to promote or proselytize a specific religious and/or political viewpoint. Do not denigrate a specific religious and/or political viewpoint nor denigrate a specific ethnicity or culture.  We are a support group and do not condone prejudice in any form.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=67143.0

Hi Hope,

Yes, how I worded this thread would leave one to think only this is about Gun control, though, that was not the point.  However, how would one even think otherwise?  I was incorrect on this, as I'm not one to advocate something in a direction like I did.

Not making excuses, as I must take responsibility in how I worded all.  I've been involved as a member with Change.org for the last year.  Many, many of the petitions are nonpolitical.  What is wonderful about this site, it is worldwide, provides people worldwide, to help make "change".

Not having the opportunity in checking my email this last week, most especially after the horror that occurred Friday in Newton, CT... late this afternoon I finally reviewed my last week emails.  Two wonderful (nonpolitical) petitions I supported won..  I logged onto Change.org to read further on this, as a member...  Though, I noticed a small caption on their main page " "Find petitions about the Connecticut tragedy".  Of course, I immediately thought, it must be about Gun control..  Yes, that is on there, but what I was appalled about mostly.. "An organization wanting to protest the funerals of these dear children and educators". 

My thought for this thread was twofold... one to spread the word about Change.org.. my second, was not about the Gun control situation, but the awfulness of an organization wanting to protest at the funerals...

So, unfortunately, my emotional self took over not watching how I worded this post.  My apologies.  I don't advocate my opinion one bit on any Gun control.  I know what my thoughts are, but they are mine.  I'm just madder then heck, that anyone would think of protesting at these precious families who have suffered the hells of hell, and will do so for so many years.

I do hope, even though I messed up on my wording, that many bbs review the many wonderful petitions.  Sometimes I think, how wonderful it would be, that someone from each Country in our World, would post a petition about these awful Benzo drugs in each Country, and all of us would join in signing that petition, to get the awareness and change that is so needed.  Though, I guess that would be considered political, as it would be going to govt persons...  How sad we couldn't use this vehicle for our cause, and spread the word throughout our site.

Again, my apologies.  Patty

Hi Patty,

I'm sure you understand the reasons behind our policy regarding political discussions and certainly this appeared to be an appeal regarding gun control.  As you can see, I did not delete the url. I simply deactivated it. Members can still paste it into their urls if they wish to visit the site.

I would, however, advise any member who may decide to sign a petition to not use any personal information that may identify them as belonging to the forum ie) the same email address, user name..etc. The BB forum is of a rather sensitive nature and I know our members desire privacy while they get support. By using the same user information on a petition as is used at BB, a connection could certainly be made. If members value their privacy on this site, it's much better to use a different email address...etc.