Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Do you have pets? And do they help you in your recovery.

[al...]

I thought I start this thread so people could talk about their pets.  Sort of a "brag thread"

If you have a pet and wish to share -- here's a thread to do so.

Today, I am dog sitting a Lab - mix who is just the sweetest dog.  She's quiet and gentle.  And just likes to be with people.

I was going to lie around in bed today -- instead, I'm up and talking to Boo-Bear.  She loves to be petted; and is great company.

She belongs to my loving daughter.

I am looking to adopt an English Springer Spaniel from a rescue.  While taking care of another living creature might be difficult; I see myself as getting out and making my dog high priority.

Walks, vet visits, grooming.

AT

BTW -- you might want to add a photo.  If you need advice on how to create an anonymous account at photobucket; and copy the HTML IMG into your post, I'd be glad to help.

I suggest leaving people out of your photo for privacy.

http://i923.photobucket.com/albums/ad76/NETTUEMsc4V92qMY/SKY16DEC2012004.jpg

Hi Alpha,

I honestly believe our two small dogs have saved my husband during my withdrawal, I haven't been there for him in many ways and they have given him the comfort he deserves.

Molly :smitten:

Hi Alpha.... Oh is Boo-Bear so sweet.  Look the those eyes, full of widsom, love and understanding.

We have a beautiful sweet cat who adopted us at six months old, showed up crying her little heart out.  She's part Siamese/Lynx.. the most beautiful sky blue eyes, and beautiful markings.  I named her "Mandylu", she's 14 years old now.  Only having dogs our entire lifes, we raised her as we did all our dogs. She has a great personality, loves to play, loves to be loved and when asked for a kiss, she gives a kiss on our cheek.  Just a doll.  The only bad habit that sometimes drives us up the wall, she is a "non-stop" talker, with many differant octaves..  Her new gig, she has to have a piece of butter every morning when I cook breakfast for my hubby! :laugh: Mandy has helped my husband through this journey so much, as well as keeping me balanced and grounded. 

Many years ago when I traveled the benzo journey, we had two Shelties... Cody and Scarlet (brother/sister).  They were the loves of my life, and yes.. they helped me forge ahead and gave so much purpose in life to do so.  My heart still has a hole in it when they went to the next plane of life, though, I know they await for us to join them one day.

Pets are the very, very best.  Unconditional love.  As my youngest sister wrote in the fourth grade, "they wag their tales and not their tongues!"