Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

RIP Those Souls lost at Sandy Hook Elementary

[4c...]

[4c...]

In acknowledgement of those lost -

18 Young Souls taken, parents having to live their lives without their precious loved ones. 8 Families without their Mum or Dad, this world is going to pieces, God Help our children's children, can't imagine what the world will be like by then

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c324/SheWolf510/Angels/SandyElementary.png

Staffy

Dear Lord,

Help each person who lost their child, loved one today. Help this world.

RIP........

Duly noted and image removed, Hope. Gun control was not the intention but I understand that my post might have been construed that way.

I have shed many tears between yesterday and this morning for the victims, the families of the victims, the innocence robbed from the surviving children, and the fear that it will continue to happen and amplify in degree as history has shown.

I only wish I could hold each and every person affected by this senseless act of violence and tell them how much my heart is bleeding for them. This is not a very graceful post at all... I just don't know how to communicate what I'm feeling. I'm so sorry I sound like an idiot.

with broken heart,

Penny

I find any discussion of gun control cringe-worthy when so much was lost yesterday. Our thoughts should be with the families and those children for whom innocence has been taken away.

It is also against the guidelines of the forum to have any sort of political discussion on the forum. To our members, please consider this a "nip it in the bud" posting.

I saw your thread yesterday, though, like everyone else, my heart was broken too much to even post.  My thoughts are in prayer for the parents and family of these beautiful little children and educators.  Somehow, from this horror, somehow something will change, as it must.  But that remains in time.

My prayers are like all of yours.. 100 fold for these dear families what has happened to them, and what they will endure. 

Paty

No words exist than can console or comfort a parent or family member who has lost a precious, innocent little child in such a horrific way.  We can only hope that they, somehow, are given the strength to endure what will be a life-long hurt that will be with them forever.  The pain of losing a child never goes away.  The whole world is weeping.

The photos of the children, alive and happy, are harrowing when you know their fate. Poor little angels.

I saw an interesting piece on CNN today. They had CNN's resident doctor on who said that many of these killers were either getting on or coming off prescribed antidepressants, which if stopped abruptly can result in unpredictable behaviour. I guess benzos would be included in that mix. He also said that if people who are at risk of carrying out such attacks tell others about their plans, this is a major inhibitor of such behaviour.

Straight after, they interviewed a psychologist that had done extensive studies into these kinds of killing sprees, examining cases as far back as the 70s, who flatly contradicted the key points the CNN doctor made (I don't think they planned for that!). She said that in just about every case, the perpetrator (or perpetrators) had actually told several others what they were planning to do, sometimes in a somewhat cryptic or bizarre way, and sometimes explicitly. However, they were ignored or even mocked because what they were suggesting seemed so unbelievable, so outrageous. And, far from being an inhibitor of spree killings, telling others about such plans actually made these disturbed people more likely to carry out their planned atrocities, because they then felt they had something to live up to - to prove to those they had told. Furthermore, she said that very few of these spree killers had been on prescribed medication for psychiatric or mental disorders, and most had by and large been completely missed by the mental health system. Personally, I found the psychologist's take on the matter more credible than the CNN doctor's.

I think as a society we need to listen more.