Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

In a bad withdrawal with more bad news just piling on

[Mi...]

I lost so much of my money. I now know I dont have enough for retirement. Havent worked in years.First time I got sick I had the misfortune of putting my money in a Connecticut fund so my family will be well. That fund put my money with Madoff (feeder fund).

I may be off base writing this.

Its just that I want to make sure that you dont fall into my shoes. You cannot retire In America on 500,000 anymore. Please do a budget of what you will need.  I recommend that all of you find out if you can, how much money you have for retirement and put away as much as you can.

I am now dealing with this terrible withdrawal, years ahead of loneliness followed by potential homelessness. 15 years ago I ran sales for a national company living the life. Accident and then benzos, then disaster followed by more disaster. I never hurt a soul. Why this?

I apologize if this post is not appropriate. I just dont want to see any of you hurt.

Michael,

I am so sorry for your financial misfortunes, there are so many people who lost their life savings in the Madoff mess.

You know, now is the time to focus on your healing, that is the most important thing.  The future will be what it is. No, you never hurt anyone, you were the victim here.  Don't let this victimize you for life, there will still be time for you to work and live a life again.  Give it some time, give yourself some time to recovery.

pianogirl