Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Nasty question for smokers only. How long have you smoked?

[wo...]

Well Gang, I've just been informed by my Dr. that I have lung cancer and possible liver cancer.  Am going in the hospital this morning so won't be able to post to anyone.

REMEMBER, IT COULD HAPPEN TO YOU IF YOU SMOKE, SO QUIT WHILE YOU'RE AHEAD.

Woe

Oh Woe,  Unfortunately,  I didn't read your third post to read what you were possibly facing, when I posted on your thread, as I never would have posted what I did.  Ok Woe, in honor of you I will never smoke again, I promise you that!  Know my prayers and thoughts are with you.  Hugs, Patty

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [wo...]

• [Be...]

• [be...]

• [Pe...]

Hi Everyone,

Just got home from the hospital late yesterday.  I not only have cancer of the lung and liver but it has gone to the brain too and maybe to the breast cancer that I recovered from in 2004.  I'm real weak from all the procedures I went thru in the hospital so won't be posting very long today.  I start chemo and radiation this coming Thursday.  I appreciate all of your comments and well wishes and ask that you say some prayers for me.  Thank you all.

Much Love, Woe

Dear woe,

My heart goes so out to you  :therethere:  I'm sorry that you have been given such serious news.  It's good that you are getting treatment immediately.. This will be tough on you in the short term and you will have much to bear, but this will ensure the best out come possible.  I will be praying for you continuously and if I you need to talk please PM me.  I'm right here for you honey.  Hugs, Betsy xxxx

Dearest Woe,

My heart was very heavy when I read your post.  I'm sending  prayer requests for you to two special places, both are very powerful. Know you have been in my prayers and thoughts, and my 10 smokes have been gone with the wind as I promised you, in honor of you.

Hugs to you Woe.. Love, Pattylu

Woe,

I don't know what to say! I am heartbroken for you! :'( I can't imagine how it felt for you when you had that bombshell dropped in your lap! Oh, Woe! I am so very, very sorry to hear this!  :hug::therethere::hug:

What else did the doctors say? I understand if you don't want to talk about it just yet but when/if you ever do would you mind sharing how aggessive the cancer is in all three areas? And how did it spread like that?! What is the prognosis? Will they be removing the nodule in your lung? And in your brain, is it a tumor? Or...? Oh my gosh, I just cannot imagine, no matter how far I try to stretch my mind, what you must be feeling right now.  :-\  My heart is aching for you! 

Do you have a support system at home? Do you have any idea how long you will be having chemo and radiation treatments? I have so many questions but I feel wrong in asking them yet, I think if I were in your shoes I would rather talk about it than not, you know? I think that's what I would want. But you may feel very differently so please know that either way, whether you feel like talking or not, I'm here for you just like everyone else who has written before me, okay? Truly, truly, truly.

Oh, dear, Woe. All my warmest thoughts and wishes for a positive outcome I'm sending your way.....

so very many hugs from me to you!!!!

Penny

• 3 weeks later...

Hi woe,

Just to let you know that I think of you often, and continue to pray for you.

If you feel up to it do let us know how you are doing.

Hugs,

Betsy  :smitten:

Since age 16 and I am 62 now. Oh dear. Did quit for 5 years but the hurricanes trashed my house...went into ptsd and one night simply grabbed my bf's ciggie and off to the races again.

I posted elsewhere about wanting to quit. I'm so tired of it!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Smoked since I was 14, now i'm 22. This is now the only thing holding me back from healing ): I really dont know if its exacerbating my waves at this point or not lol but when I hit one I instinctively grab my smokes. Better than flopping around in my bed I guess but I typically zone out on my front porch and look like a moron in front of the neighborhood. Feel like I could tackle that wd with absolutely no complications once this is over though.

• 3 months later...
[99...]

I'm proud of being a smoker. I don't really care what society thinks about it. Yeah I'm a rebel!! LOL. And I've smoked 7 years so far.

This, except for more like 30yrs. We should have sovereignty over our own bodies and people who dont like what I do with mine aren't really my concern. :thumbsup:

I'm proud of being a smoker. I don't really care what society thinks about it. Yeah I'm a rebel!! LOL. And I've smoked 7 years so far.

This, except for more like 30yrs. We should have sovereignty over our own bodies and people who dont like what I do with mine aren't really my concern. :thumbsup:

light up and enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7bHdo2DJHY

[99...]
Yep, and maybe I'll die of lung cancer or worse. Or maybe I'll get killed by a driver spaced out on alcohol and benzos tomorrow while I go out to buy more cigarettes, so don't worry about it. S**t happens.

[99...]

Thanks for your concern over my health benzojunkie, but I believe in personal freedom and sovereignty over my own mind & body. I already know about the risks of smoking, and benzo use, and eating badly, and drving cars, and using ladders, so I need no further input from anyone about them.

As it happens I'm not really interested in a long and healthy lifestyle, so I'd rather not discuss the harms of the choices I make for myself with anyone, unless I've requested it beforehand (which I didn't here - I'm referring to your video, to be clear).

whether you make a request or not, i can say or post whatever i feel (within reason of course). it is up to you to not read it or report it if it offends you. thank you.