Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

favorite movies

[my...]

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Pe...]

• [sa...]

• [gi...]

• [my...]

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I haven't. The foreign version is on Netflix but Amazon has the english version. I was just wondering which one you saw and recommend. It seems that the movie reviews point more toward the english version although the reviews for both are so mixed. It's almost like 50% 5 star and 50% 1 star and very few reviews for the "inbetweeners".

Anyway, I want to rent it because I love intense freaky movies. I think "The Blair Witch Project" was brilliant too because of the lack of visuals. It took that element out of the whole thing which forced one to rely on the unseen and unknown. To me that is much more scary than movies like "Saw" where there's blood and guts and gore everywhere. My son loved Saw though...lol...I think he saw all one billion of the sequels, too. ;)

Penny

I don't like Saw-like movies in general but I must admit the Saw ones are pretty creative.

There's 2 things I didn't like about Funny Games: #1 the music.  It's screaming, hard core death metal; be prepared!  Also, the ending.  Not how it ends, but how the format changes.  Watch it and let's discuss. 

Now I want to see it again!

I loved the BWP. Talk about a low-budget sleeper breaking the glass ceiling! Hope those producers didn't snort all their earnings! Have you seen any of the Paranormal Activity movies?  I liked #2 more than #1 and haven't seen #3 yet.

g

I saw the first Paramormal Activity movie. meh...I think I kept comparing it to Blair Witch since that's what everyone else was comparing it too at the time, so I think maybe that's what ruined it for me. I didn't not like it but it didn't make it onto my "all time greatest freaky movie" list. So, I never gave the sequel a try. Maybe I dismissed it too easily?

Penny

I agree with you about the first one, but that didn't keep me from seeing the 2nd (although I waited for it on pay per view rather than potentially waste $10 on it at a theatre).  Like I said, I liked #2 more. If you see it, I'm looking forward to your take on it.

• 1 year later...