Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

favorite movies

[my...]

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Pe...]

• [sa...]

• [gi...]

• [my...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahem, pardon me, Miss Sarah? A clown fish? A CLOWN FISH? Harumpffffffff!  :boxer:

Obviously you know nothing about Regal Blue Tang Fish.  :muscle::pokey:

http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q764/pennylane101/dory.jpg

I love your writing, sarahnorrisgurl. You have such talent. Do you even know that about yourself? I felt like I was at the dentist with you when I read your story.  :therethere:  I surely hope the "little evil girl with the braces" scene was cut from the movie while you watched. ;)

Really, you should try writing sometime for real. As is $$ for real. No joke.

Penny

Did I mention that I love you? LOL, I love to write. I have stories...hell, who doesn't have stories...Its hard to write when the "benzo got my mojo'. LOL. So thank you for saying so. Someday...then we can all go to Paris for a book signing and shopping and cocktails...

No, I did not know that was a blue tango, girl I am lucky to know that was a fish! lol.

I just read about your bd gaffaw, or so you think and I have this to say. YOU MADE WAFFLES AND RESERVATIONS! Which is huge. I know this is hard and not what we are used to. I am having trouble following recipes too. as if I have never cooked before. I bet if your offspring knew how much effort that took, she woudl be so amazed but more importantly you need to remember how important that was.

It sucks, we aren't ourselves right now. We don't have a cancer diagnosis or a cast on our legs, but we are very sick none the less and it is just going to take some time to get better. What you can do is huge, and I think you are an amazing mother. I also like you as a friend now, too. Love what you wrote to hoozier, too. Made my heart leap a little. you rock, Penny..

BTW, every time I see your name I say in my head..."see a penny pick it up all day long you'll have good luck." I love that. :)

Love you too, Mamasita. Hope bd dinner was fun and your didn't get too worn out. What matters at the end of the day is where your heart is at. Benzos can't it all...

Hug my blue fin tuna dorree fish...

xoxo

Sarah :smitten:

[e4...]

Sling Blade

Bastard out of Carolina

Shawshank Redemption

Green Mile

Midnight in the Garden and Good and Evil

Fallen

Towelhead

The Wicked Lady (1939 version)

Shutter Island

Sleeping Beauty (2011 version)

Fight Club

Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistlestop Cafe

Single White Female

I could go on and on, complete movie buff, special mention to art house flicks - Towelhead and Sleeping Beauty - if you want different, these two will do it.

Staffy

Staffy

I bolded the ones I liked too. What a great list, Staffy! Lets go to the movies! ;)

Let's go, I want to see 'Looper', I've read it's the 'sleeper' hit of 2012, have you seen it Penny?

Staffy

Staffy,

I just looked Looper up on amazon and that looks like the kind of movie my hubby would love! Thanks so much for that.  :thumbsup:

(And it sure doesn't hurt that I could really plant a nice juicy smacker on Joseph Gordon-Levitt any day, any time, any where. Ummm hmmm! Don't know why just my kind of guy. 'sgot himself some deadly swag! ;) )

Thank you for that suggestion. So, you ready to go, girls? You, sarah and me...sounds awesome, right ladies?

:) Penny

Good call, I say we all try to see it this week and we can meet back here for reviews...Penny? would you? You should!! I'm in. :)

Haven't you just loved Joseph Gordon-Levitt since 3rd rock anyway? He's had that mysterious aloof hotness forever... :smitten:

Staffy, good call on Looper, did you see yet?  :)

Who's driving?

Ahem, pardon me, Miss Sarah? A clown fish? A CLOWN FISH? Harumpffffffff!  :boxer:

Obviously you know nothing about Regal Blue Tang Fish.  :muscle::pokey:

http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q764/pennylane101/dory.jpg

I love your writing, sarahnorrisgurl. You have such talent. Do you even know that about yourself? I felt like I was at the dentist with you when I read your story.  :therethere:  I surely hope the "little evil girl with the braces" scene was cut from the movie while you watched. ;)

Really, you should try writing sometime for real. As is $$ for real. No joke.

Penny

Did I mention that I love you? LOL, I love to write. I have stories...hell, who doesn't have stories...Its hard to write when the "benzo got my mojo'. LOL. So thank you for saying so. Someday...then we can all go to Paris for a book signing and shopping and cocktails...

No, I did not know that was a blue tango, girl I am lucky to know that was a fish! lol.

I just read about your bd gaffaw, or so you think and I have this to say. YOU MADE WAFFLES AND RESERVATIONS! Which is huge. I know this is hard and not what we are used to. I am having trouble following recipes too. as if I have never cooked before. I bet if your offspring knew how much effort that took, she woudl be so amazed but more importantly you need to remember how important that was.

It sucks, we aren't ourselves right now. We don't have a cancer diagnosis or a cast on our legs, but we are very sick none the less and it is just going to take some time to get better. What you can do is huge, and I think you are an amazing mother. I also like you as a friend now, too. Love what you wrote to hoozier, too. Made my heart leap a little. you rock, Penny..

BTW, every time I see your name I say in my head..."see a penny pick it up all day long you'll have good luck." I love that. :)

Love you too, Mamasita. Hope bd dinner was fun and your didn't get too worn out. What matters at the end of the day is where your heart is at. Benzos can't it all...

Hug my blue fin tuna dorree fish...

xoxo

Sarah :smitten:

sarah-bear,

you cut to the quick, you do. can I please hug you so tight...so so tightly that you pop? that's the only way I know how to express just how much your words touched me. "thank you" sounds so incredibly bland and inadequate.

:smitten:  :smitten:  Penny

Seriously, sarahnorrrr? I was almost going to pull a WWWI on you guys and tell you all that "I'm not proud". (Loved that comment from her.  :laugh: )  As a matter of fact, yes, I've done my fair share of swooning while watching hottie pants on 3rd Rock. I admit it! And now I find that you wouldn't mind the pleasure of his company as well? Ha, wow, this gets creepier every day, doesn't it? LOL!

Yes, definitely, you're on! I think I might even rent it tonight actually. That should give me some good dreams tonight.  >:D

Penny

Hi staffy..................this is a good link favorite films,and lots of very funny buddies popping in and out.some of my favorites are:-

What women want......(and anything with mel gibson in he is my favorite)

Love Actually

Dirty dancing

As good as it gets

salems lot..............stephen king horror terrifies me everytime :laugh:

The green mile

surshank redemption

ill have to have a nother think about it.

love finding nemo,watched it years ago when i started w/d of the benzo and hubby started calling me dorrie all the time cos i was getting mixed up all the time and forgetting everything. :laugh:

how bloody wicked is that hey..................xxx      chrissy

[e4...]

Good call, I say we all try to see it this week and we can meet back here for reviews...Penny? would you? You should!! I'm in. :)

Haven't you just loved Joseph Gordon-Levitt since 3rd rock anyway? He's had that mysterious aloof hotness forever... :smitten:

Staffy, good call on Looper, did you see yet?  :)

Who's driving?

I haven't yet, but have been meaning to.  I'll be the designated driver.  Let's go and get our girl party on.  Can't wait.

Staffy

Staffy & Sarah,

Our assignment this week is to all watch Looper and then report back by end of next weekend.

Got it, girls? Can we all manage this?

Penny

Death In Venice.

Repulsion.

Mission

Don't look Back

Macabe and Mrs. Miller

Brides of Frankinstien

All the Marx brothers and Buster Keaton movies.

I just watched a great one again.  I love you phillip morris based on a true story with jim carrey and ewan mcgregor.  jim carrey is a borderline in the movie

[e4...]

Sarah and Penny, I'll be right as of Friday, when I can get it on T-Box, only just finished at our theatres week or so ago.  We can then do a collective review.

I forgot to mention two of my other all time favs (how could I?)

K-Pax - with Kevin Spacey, just loved this movie, is he? or is he not?

and

American History X - Ed Norton would have to be the most under rated actor of all time, great movie!

These need to be back up on my 'all time best flicks'.

Staffy

Sarah and Penny, I'll be right as of Friday, when I can get it on T-Box, only just finished at our theatres week or so ago.  We can then do a collective review.

and

American History X - Ed Norton would have to be the most under rated actor of all time, great movie!

Staffy

Staffy,

Now you've gone and named another two of my fav actors and I haven't even heard of those movies. I'll have to look them up on amazon. I agree about Edward Norton...extremely underrated. And Kevin Spacey in The Usual Suspects? Loved that movie!

I can see that I'm just not on top of movies anymore. I've got some brushing up to do.

Penny

and

Staffy

Okay, I tried to rent Looper last night and guess what? It's not going to be available on Amazon until January 1st. They set it up on the website to look like it's available and then in teeny tiny letters somewhere below they mention the instant video release date. Arghhhhhhh. Sorry girls, you're going to have to watch it w/o me since Amazon is the only way for me to rent movies.

Enjoy and I'll be waiting to hear your reviews! (have some popcorn for me, will you?  :) )

Penny

My all-time favorites:  Toy Story I, II and III

Animal House

Annie Hall

The Right Stuff

Under the Tuscan Sun

One I recently saw is Argo - fantastic movie!

One hellofa creepy movie - one I do not recommend for anyone still in the throes of w/d - is Funny Games.  It's a seriously twisted thriller. I saw it 3 years ago and I still can't get it out of my mind. It's brilliant but scary as hell.

My all-time favorites:  Toy Story I, II and III

Animal House

Annie Hall

The Right Stuff

Under the Tuscan Sun

One I recently saw is Argo - fantastic movie!

One hellofa creepy movie - one I do not recommend for anyone still in the throes of w/d - is Funny Games.  It's a seriously twisted thriller. I saw it 3 years ago and I still can't get it out of my mind. It's brilliant but scary as hell.

ginger,

what version did you see of Funny Games? english or foreign?

penny