Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Gas pain off xanax since June 2012 please help???

[na...]

So I've been off the xanax since June and I'm okay. More good days then bad. I have shared my success story. Now, my question and I'm full of them as most of us are. I ate beans on Fri, Sat, and sun and had not eaten them in over one year. Now I have severe pain in my lower abdomen, pain, cramps just feel bloated and yucky. I worry about every little thing because of my anxiety. Sorry to bother those of you with more serious issues with this. My real question is can beans cause this pain, a few days after eating them? Has anyone had tummy trouble after getting off xanax? If anyone has any advice please I'm open. I am really trying to stay clear of doctors and I'm doing everything naturally as much as possible, so I'm not open to hearing any scary stuff or go to the er. I'm just asking a simple question. Thank you up front if anyone can help me. It was hard to work today and I'm a fitness trainer.

Hi Naked, our digestion can be slowed for some time in withdrawal due to the GABA receptors in the gut. In addition many people, (me included), don't have all the enzymes required to digest beans well so they can be a challenge for even healthy digestive symptoms.

You could try Beano which contains the enzymes required to digest fibrous foods and Simethicone caps can help to dispel gas, ( not so desirable for a fitness instructor though, I guess).

It's great that you are able to work again but I can understand how distracting these gastro issues would be in your job. They do improve eventually but seem to be among the last of withdrawal sx to go.