Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Christmas stuff (anything to do with Christmas)

[Ho...]

Penny, I think I actually peed myself when he said that.  :laugh:  You know what happens to your bladder after you've had a couple of babies.  :laugh:

And no, we are a church going family, so I don't think Christmas Hookers will be showing up under the tree this year.  :laugh:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Pe...]

• [De...]

• [Ho...]

• [pi...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Penny, I think I actually peed myself when he said that.  :laugh:  You know what happens to your bladder after you've had a couple of babies.  :laugh:

And no, we are a church going family, so I don't think Christmas Hookers will be showing up under the tree this year.  :laugh:

Luckily, Hoosier, I've had good luck with my bladder even after having had two. Not so much luck with my baby-making-organs though. I had to have an ER hyster last year. Only have one little piece left. Ah well, it's all good because I have two beautiful children to show for it! (insert beaming proud mommy face here).  :thumbsup:

Um, Hoosier? Santa is all about surprise whether you're a church going family or not. So, you better watch out, you better not shout, you better not cry, I'm telling you why: the dude's coming and you never know WHAT he might bring!  ;)

Penny

One Christmas, Phil and Will built a skating rink in the middle

of a pasture. A shepherd leading his flock decided to take a

shortcut across the rink. The sheep, however, were afraid of

the ice and wouldn't cross it. Desperate, the shepherd began

tugging them to the other side.

"Look at that," remarked Phil to Will. "That guy is trying to

pull the wool over our ice!"

Dear Friends,

Every Christmas for the past nine years I have made a CD collection of Christmas songs and I give them to family and friends. People really love them and I love putting them together. This is the one I made this year, copied right from the playlist. If you make it, I hope you love it.

Merry Christmas to all of you. Last year, I was so incredibly sick I barely made it through Christmas Day. I went to a family member's house in leggings and a sweater and did not even bother to brush my hair. Yesterday, I went to the mall, 2 local shops, and then I grocery shopped. Every day I am getting better and better from the benzo w/d and if I can get better, ANYONE can.

So here's to the courage and grace I see on this forum everyday.

LOVE,

Chrysanthemum

Merry Christmas Darling 3:20 Christina Perri A Very Merry Perri Christmas - EP

Christmas Canon 4:17 Trans-Siberian Orchestra The Christmas Attic

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas 3:42 She & Him A Very She & Him Christmas

Angels We Have Heard On High 4:10 Jewel A Very Special Christmas 25th Anniversary

Away In a Manger 3:36 Katherine Jenkins This Is Christmas (Deluxe Version)

The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting On an Open Fire) (Album Version) 4:32 Ray Charles Love Affair

It Came Upon a Midnight Clear 2:43 Norah Jones Now That's What I Call Today's Christmas

Little Drummer Boy (feat. Andy McKee) 4:21 Josh Groban Noël

White Christmas 2:28 Andy Williams The Andy Williams Christmas Album

Silent Night 4:36 Andrea Bocelli My Christmas

A Holly Jolly Christmas 2:02 Lady Antebellum On This Winter's Night

Old Toy Trains 2:21 Glen Campbell That Christmas Feeling

Silver Bells (feat. Xenia) 3:11 Blake Shelton Cheers, it's Christmas.

I'll Be Home for Christmas 4:25 Michael Bublé Christmas

Let There Be Peace On Earth 4:22 The Boys Choir of Harlem We Shall Overcome

What Are You Doing New Year's Eve? (feat. Ella Fitzgerald & Chris Botti) 3:44 Rod Stewart Merry Christmas, Baby

Hi chrysanthemum,

What a lovely thing to do for your family and friends at Christmas and how kind of you to share this list with us.

I'm so pleased you are feeling much better this year and I hope you too have a truly Happy Christmas !

Love Debbie x  :smitten:

If that Santa man shows up with a Christmas hooker you guys will surely hear about it!

So I need a bit of encouragement because Sunday was a disaster of my own making.  I ppromised my kids we would decorate sugar cookies and when I do my sugar cookies think the ones yup see on the sober of Martha Stewart living.  Major undertaking. Anyway, I have been really dizzy, light headed and weak tthroughout my wd

I also have these horrible jitters.  And for some reason on Sunday it all for. Even worse blur I plowed ahead with the cookies.  I ended up shaking so badly and almost passing out and then having a meltdown -- crying and cursing life.  I know I pushed my fragile cns too far.  I just need to hear that I'll heal and be able to do these things again.

Hoosier, I wish I could promise you that but I am so far from knowing myself that I wonder it myself. I do believe we will. I really do.

I'm sorry about the sugar cookie escapade. I do understand how something that once seemed so doable (even though it was a Martha Stewart undertaking...ahhhh!) has become so monumental and I really feel for you very, very much. You probably read my ridiculous waffle story so I know how these things we try and do can become overwhelming and we feel so down and defeated when we find that we can't do them like we used to. I feel weak too and I get out of breath very easily. And this is strange, too, but do you ever find yourself getting out of breath when you haven't done anything more physical than just bending down to pick something up off of the floor? Or something simple like walking outside to the mailbox?

It's outrageous and hardly believable and I constantly find myself astounded at what the Nature of this Beast can do!

You're not alone, Hoosier. I understand your meltdown completely and I could cry for you if I let myself. We are so fragile emotionally and physically, that yes, even making sugar cookies can completely destroy our sense of self and self-worth.

Accept it and carry on, Hoosier. That's all any of us can do. Eventually we'll get better and stronger and more confident of what we're capable of doing on any given day. Maybe just not right now but soon.

many, many, many hugs to you,  :therethere:

Penny

Thanks Penny, it was just such a blow to me.

Ok, so somewhere somebody posted the "SANTA!!!!!!!!!!!" clip from Elf...one of my favorites.  And when I'm having a bad day, I just have to watch that clip and I bust out laughing.  And even though it isn't Xmas, on that same theme of an outrageous movie clip that just makes you belly laugh, here's another one:

LOL...that is too funny, Hoosier!! I remember that movie. I really liked it. The humor in movies don't make me laugh out loud very often but that one did. Here's another one that's not xmas-y either but I thought it was hilarious. So hilarious that I actually recorded it onto my own dvd. If you've ever watched Frasier it is even funnier because to know the character of Niles makes it that much more hilarious:

I hope it puts a big smile on your face. And everyone else who is watching this thread!  :)

Penny