Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Christmas stuff (anything to do with Christmas)

[Ho...]

Okay, pg, now that got a real nice warm happy chuckle out of me.  :laugh:  Thank you for that. You can't imagine how much it helps my soul. Or maybe you can. Thank you so much for that moment of relief. :)

I do most certainly understand.  Your contributions are so funny,  keep em comin.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Pe...]

• [De...]

• [Ho...]

• [pi...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Blackmail

It was coming up to Christmas and Sammy asked his mum if he could have a new bike. So, she told him that the best idea would be to write to Santa Claus. But Sam, having just played a vital role in the school nativity play, said he would prefer to write to the baby Jesus. So his mum told him that would be fine.

Sam went to his room and wrote ' Dear Jesus, I have been a very good boy and would like to have a bike for Christmas.' But he wasn't very happy when he read it over. So he decided to try again and this time he wrote 'Dear Jesus, I'm a good boy most of the time and would like a bike for Christmas.' He read it back and wasn't happy with that one either. He tried a third version. 'Dear Jesus, I could be a good boy if I tried hard and especially if I had a new bike.' He read that one too, but he still wasn't satisfied.

So, he decided to go out for a walk while he thought about a better approach. After a short time he passed a house with a small statue of the Virgin Mary in the front garden. He crept in, stuffed the statue under his coat, hurried home and hid it under the bed. Then he wrote this letter. 'Dear Jesus, If you want to see your mother again, you'd better send me a new bike.'

:laugh: :laugh: :clap: :clap: :clap::laugh: :laugh:

Laughter truly is the best medicine! Wonderful stuff, Debbie. You and I seem to have a similar sense of humor.

"Blackmail" ... so, so funny!!! I'm going to use that this xmas on my relatives!  >:D

Penny

:laugh: :laugh: :clap: :clap: :clap::laugh: :laugh:

Laughter truly is the best medicine! Wonderful stuff, Debbie. You and I seem to have a similar sense of humor.

"Blackmail" ... so, so funny!!! I'm going to use that this xmas on my relatives!  >:D

Penny

Glad you like them Penny. Yes we have to try to keep our sense of humour, keeps us sane. I love to laugh !

Debbie x

Reindeer's Story at Christmas

According to the Alaska Department of Fish and Game, while both male and female reindeer grow antlers in the summer each year, male reindeer drop their antlers at the beginning of winter, usually late November to mid-December.

Female reindeer retain their antlers till after they give birth in the spring. Therefore, according to EVERY historical rendition depicting Santa's reindeer, EVERY single one of them, from Rudolph to Blitzen, had to be a girl.

We should have known... ONLY women would be able to drag a fat man in a red velvet suit all around the world in one night and not get lost!!!. 

;D

Good one Deborah, gave me a real chuckle.

Here's one with a similar theme:

Do you know what would have happened if it had been Three Wise Women instead of Three Wise Men?

They would have asked directions, arrived on time, helped deliver the baby, cleaned the stable, made a casserole and brought practical gifts.  :laugh: :laugh:

Love this thread.  I am a total Xmas nut!  As for the DITTO photo, my neighbor posted that on facebook last year and said that that photo could have been my house and his!  My son and I love Xmas lights!  And I think at last count I have 10 trees up in the house!  I hope next year I'll bw able to say that all this Benz madness is behind me!  Santa, please bring health in my stocking!

pg and debbie,

I love, love, love to wake up and start my day with a good laugh. You two are awesome and so merry and bright!  :smitten:

http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q764/pennylane101/animatedxmastree.gif

Penny

Hoosier,

TEN christmas trees?! Wow, how big is your house?  :o:) I would love to have ten christmas trees. Or twenty. Or thirty. Or...  ;) I'm still working on getting just our one but the rain won't let up here. Soon. It's supposed to clear up tomorrow finally so maybe tomorrow.  :thumbsup:

http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q764/pennylane101/animated-reindeer-spinning-wreath-on-antlers.gif

Penny

Typical four bedroom, but some of the trees are small (i.e. the bathroom ones).  Each room has its own tree.  I have 4 full size trees, 3 smaller trees for the kids rooms and the guest room, and then small little mini trees in each of the bathrooms.  All of them are done right now except for the family tree (our only live one), still working on that!

Will post as soon as I figure out how!!!

Typical four bedroom, but some of the trees are small (i.e. the bathroom ones).  Each room has its own tree.  I have 4 full size trees, 3 smaller trees for the kids rooms and the guest room, and then small little mini trees in each of the bathrooms.  All of them are done right now except for the family tree (our only live one), still working on that!

Will post as soon as I figure out how!!!

Ooooh 10 Christmas trees, I cant wait to see them either Hoosier. This thread keeps getting better & better !!

Debbie x

On a more serious note...this is a beautiful story

Christmas Story: For the Man Who Hated Christmas

By Nancy W. Gavin 

It's just a small, white envelope stuck among the branches of our Christmas tree. No name, no identification, no inscription. It has peeked through the branches of our tree for the past ten years.

It all began because my husband Mike hated Christmas. Oh, not the true meaning of Christmas, but the commercial aspects of it – overspending and the frantic running around at the last minute to get a tie for Uncle Harry and the dusting powder for Grandma – the gifts given in desperation because you couldn't think of anything else.

Knowing he felt this way, I decided one year to bypass the usual shirts, sweaters, ties and so forth. I reached for something special just for Mike. The inspiration came in an unusual way.

Our son Kevin, who was 12 that year, was on the wrestling team at the school he attended. Shortly before Christmas, there was a non-league match against a team sponsored by an inner-city church. These youngsters, dressed in sneakers so ragged that shoestrings seemed to be the only thing holding them together, presented a sharp contrast to our boys in their spiffy blue and gold uniforms and sparkling new wrestling shoes.

As the match began, I was alarmed to see that the other team was wrestling without headgear, a kind of light helmet designed to protect a wrestler's ears. It was a luxury the ragtag team obviously could not afford.

Well, we ended up walloping them. We took every weight class. Mike, seated beside me, shook his head sadly, "I wish just one of them could have won," he said. "They have a lot of potential, but losing like this could take the heart right out of them." Mike loved kids – all kids. He so enjoyed coaching little league football, baseball and lacrosse. That's when the idea for his present came.

That afternoon, I went to a local sporting goods store and bought an assortment of wrestling headgear and shoes, and sent them anonymously to the inner-city church. On Christmas Eve, I placed a small, white envelope on the tree, the note inside telling Mike what I had done, and that this was his gift from me.

Mike's smile was the brightest thing about Christmas that year. And that same bright smile lit up succeeding years. For each Christmas, I followed the tradition – one year sending a group of mentally handicapped youngsters to a hockey game, another year a check to a pair of elderly brothers whose home had burned to the ground the week before Christmas, and on and on.

The white envelope became the highlight of our Christmas. It was always the last thing opened on Christmas morning, and our children – ignoring their new toys – would stand with wide-eyed anticipation as their dad lifted the envelope from the tree to reveal its contents. As the children grew, the toys gave way to more practical presents, but the small, white envelope never lost its allure.

The story doesn't end there. You see, we lost Mike last year due to dreaded cancer. When Christmas rolled around, I was still so wrapped in grief that I barely got the tree up. But Christmas Eve found me placing an envelope on the tree. And the next morning, I found it was magically joined by three more. Unbeknownst to the others, each of our three children had for the first time placed a white envelope on the tree for their dad. The tradition has grown and someday will expand even further with our grandchildren standing to take down that special envelope.

Mike's spirit, like the Christmas spirit will always be with us.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, Debbie, that was beautiful. And this is me now:

http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q764/pennylane101/tearsofjoy.jpg

Thank you.  :smitten:

Penny

My bad for not contributing to this thread for a couple of days. So, here I go:

http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q764/pennylane101/santanaked.jpg

I know, I know. TMI, huh?

:laugh:

Penny

And then there's this for those of you who, like me, truly get into the holiday spirit:

http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q764/pennylane101/christmasTruck.jpg

Maybe a bit of overkill? Nah, I didn't think so.

:) Penny

And, lastly, for those of you watching this thread just because you're bored and have nothing else to do:

http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q764/pennylane101/christmasMEH.jpg

Yes, I even love all of you who really couldn't care less. 

:smitten:

Penny

Hi Penny,

Love today's contributions, thank you !! Hope it didn't make you too sad when you read "The man who hated Christmas" The idea is to keep this thread light hearted. I too shed tears when I read it but it's such a lovely story I thought I would share it.

Back to comical stuff now, we all need that....

Love Debbie  :smitten:

Not at all, Debbie. They were tears of joy! I'm ~so happy~ you posted that story. I think we all need to try and stay as humble as we possibly can and never ever ever forget about those that are less fortunate than ourselves. And there are always people less fortunate than ourselves. Always.

hugs,

Penny

Penny, I LOVE the truck.  My son has been trying to get me to put xmas lights on our car for years!!!!

Here's my quick contribution for today (true story)....a couple of weeks ago my son and I were decorating the Xmas tree in our kitchen (baking theme, of course) and he picks up a couple of ornaments to hang on the tree, turns to me and says, "Mommy, these ornaments have lost their hookers."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Here's my quick contribution for today (true story)....a couple of weeks ago my son and I were decorating the Xmas tree in our kitchen (baking theme, of course) and he picks up a couple of ornaments to hang on the tree, turns to me and says, "Mommy, these ornaments have lost their hookers."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well I hope you didn't promise your son a couple hookers for Christmas.

That's not an appropriate gift from a mom.

Of course, you're not my mom...

::)

OMG, Hoosier, that is SO funny!  :laugh: :laugh:  Did you just bust out laughing or what? ha haha ha haaa!!

And what a comeback to Hoosier's story, Redevan! So much good humor going on here! I love it! heeee.......  ;D

Penny