Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

My Dinner Party

[re...]

This evening I was watching an Alfred Hitchcock interview on YouTube. There are lots of them, and they're fascinating. This man was very aware of why he did what he did, and he was really articulate when explaining it. I thought, wouldn't it be great to have dinner with Alfred Hitchcock and David Lynch, who is also very aware and articulate and makes movies that I really admire.

So that would be my first dinner party: Alfred Hitchcock, David Lynch, and myself.

Who would you invite to your dinner party?

This is not about putting together some bizarre combination like Count Dracula, Adolph Hitler, and the shark from Jaws, just to get a laugh on this forum. It's about exploring what interests you and what you admire.

If I like your guest list, I'll come and pick up the check.  :thumbsup:

I think you may be right, David.

But if you were to have your own dinner party, with completely different people, who would you invite? It wouldn't have to be movie directors. It could be scientists or politicians or athletes.

Hey Evan,

I would invite Einstein because he saw love behind intelligent design.

And I would invite John Lennon because he saw love behind everything.

Yoko would have to stay home. She always had that pissy look on her face.

And then I would want Mother Theresa to be there because I want to ask her how it felt to be laid out barefoot on a slab and buried quickly while Princess Di was getting all that pomp.

I'll have to think about the rest.  :thumbsup:

Hi Evan,

What a great thread!  I would invite Da Vinci and Galileo.  Loving astronomy and art... would love to discuss how they became inspired.

Also, would love to know from Da Vinci, what were the secret messages in his paintings....  Would love to invite all of you to join that dinner party... 

Pattylu :)

Okay then, I would invite Jesus, Mohamed  and the Buddha and see if they could come up for a plan for world peace. Dd.

Hey David... I think this is the best!  Pattylu

Well , a dinner party , doesn't seem to be as fashionable these days more finger food seems to be the norm here .

Notwithstanding this, I could ask Pam Stephenson whom I was a school with & she could  bring Billy Connolly her husband,  the comedian, & he would  keep us laughing . My friend A.could come & bring her partner L. & he could bring some of his muso friends, who would entertain us  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:. I'd ask Tibor though he might compete with Billy to be  the centre of attention .  Anne could come my friend who does food really well . We could actually have the party  at her holiday house on the patio, overlooking the ocean , As far as pop stars go well Wily deVille :smitten: unfortunately deceased,  , of politicians Malcolm Turnbull.would do ,  & Dr Bob Brown former greens leader,& Germaine Greer :thumbsup: , I like her take on life, maybe Clive James an Aussie & C Hitchens . Also my old  lecturer R  Y.is always entertaining  & used to be a film critic  being a bit of an elitist he'd like the other philosophers. . How about some BB's too or is it getting too large ......