Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Silly Season in almost upon us - show us your Xmas Tree

[61...]

http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s572/chrissy123451/christmastree-1.jpg  do you like my christmas tree.,and this is my first photo

chrissy

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Pe...]

• [De...]

• [Ho...]

• [sa...]

Penny your childs tree is cute. Carol the snow flakes are awsome very creative and yes hard to cut. Everyone you have done well. Staff thanks for starting this. It is a joy. Love it! Love Jackie

http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s572/chrissy123451/christmastree-1.jpg  do you like my christmas tree.,and this is my first photo

chrissy

Chrissy I love your tree, it's so pretty !! The beads and bows are gorgeous !!

I agree with you Jackie, this thread is a delight but we need to see more trees.....

Love Debbie  :smitten:

chrissy

Girl, I feel Christmasy just looking at it! I like the icicle lights in the window! Well done on posting your first picture. Love it!

Happy Holiday, Chrissy!!! :smitten: :smitten:

deborah and sarah norris.................thanks for liking my tree.are you going to put yours on here.i am very pleased with myself for getting the photo on here.iv been trying for so long.i have gone mad this year and done three trees.2 indoors and one outside.i'll try and put them on here,i need to put them in the bucket first,if i can remember with my benzo brain.

happy holidays girls,have a good one ........................chrissy :smitten:

Chrissy,

Great tree! we havent put a tree up in the last few years because I have been too sick.

Is yours a real tree or artificial tree?

I wonder what most people do.

Well in preparation for Christmas I started to dust the family room today.

The dust was so thick I couldn't believe it.

Oh well, nobody died.

Carol

Hi Carol............Lovely to hear from you.My tree is not a real one but when it is dressed it looks really nice.took me ages to get all those balls on. :laugh:

so you have been dusting for xmas,dustings good.bet you felt better for doing that.i know the feeling of being sick all the time.we just do what we can dont we.

hope you and your family have a nice christmas

chrissy

Finally:

http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q764/pennylane101/xmastree2012.jpg

So hard to do while doing withdrawals at the same time but here is ours. It's really hard to take pics of lighted trees. For instance, our walls have not been urinated on. I promise. It's just the lights and stuff. ;)

Anyway, it's done now and me and my migraine clusters can rest for a while. whew.

Chrissy, your tree is awesome. I absolutely love it. :)

Penny

[61...]

Okay, so since we won't be getting our big tree until Sunday here is my child's bedroom tree:

http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q764/pennylane101/childxmastree-1.jpg

Kinda cool, huh?  :)

Penny

Penny, this is very cool, I'd love one like this to put beside my bed, red is my fav colour too, love it.  :smitten:  And your main one is very snazzy, love your day bed, when can I come over?

Staffy

Hey, Staffy...

Yah, it's cool that little red one. Doubles as a night light too for her.

Like that daybed? Hubby hates it. Want it? Looks like a good therapy chaise to me. lol. The only thing that keeps hubby from tossing it is that my cat likes sleeping on it on cold days 'cuz it's stuffed with down. He's such a marshmallow.  ;)

Penny

Finally:

http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q764/pennylane101/xmastree2012.jpg

So hard to do while doing withdrawals at the same time but here is ours. It's really hard to take pics of lighted trees. For instance, our walls have not been urinated on. I promise. It's just the lights and stuff. ;)

Anyway, it's done now and me and my migraine clusters can rest for a while. whew.

Chrissy, your tree is awesome. I absolutely love it. :)

Penny

Hi Penny,

Your main tree is beautiful too, I love it !!! Is that a light up tree topper star ?

Hope you manage to have a migraine free Christmas, I know how dreadful migraines are, my daughter suffers with them.

Love Debbie x

hi penny lane...............I love your christmas tree its beautiful.nice and colourful.your room looks really cosy,and i must admit your sofa bed does look so so comfortable.hope you and your family have a great christmas and health and happiness for the new year.

best wishes

chrissy  xx

ps............love the little red one aswell,so cute

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w386/Deborah_Lennon/COTSWOLDS2012119.jpg?t=1355401847

Well I finally took a closer photo of my Christmas tree. Thought I'd better post it as Christmas is not that far away !!

Debbie x

[61...]

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w386/Deborah_Lennon/COTSWOLDS2012119-1.jpg?t=1355317307 

Well I finally took a closer photo of my Christmas tree. Thought I'd better post it as Christmas is not that far away !!

Debbie x

Deborah,

Wow that's sensational.  I love the little bears.  Ladies of BB we should all be proud, in the midst of withdrawal look at our beautiful trees, they represent hope for us all. 

Staffy

[61...]

So I just finished another episode of this weird mania, where I work like a mad woman.  I took a quick picture after I'd hosed the front lawn of my reindeers 'Cletus and Chloe'.  It's just a click and point.  More to come.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c324/SheWolf510/Angels/BBXmasFrontlawn.jpg

Cletus and Chloe midnight feeding - front lawn

Staffy

So I just finished another episode of this weird mania, where I work like a mad woman.  I took a quick picture after I'd hosed the front lawn of my reindeers 'Cletus and Chloe'.  It's just a click and point.  More to come.

Staffy

Love them Staffy !!! This thread is a wonderful distraction !

Glad you like my tree and I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas..

Love Debbie  :smitten:

Hi Penny,

Your main tree is beautiful too, I love it !!! Is that a light up tree topper star ?

Hope you manage to have a migraine free Christmas, I know how dreadful migraines are, my daughter suffers with them.

Love Debbie x

Hi Debbie,

Thank you. Yes, that is a lighted star on top of the tree. My child picked that out many years ago. She likes lots of sparkle. I think we all do, don't we? :)

And thanks for the well wishes on my migraines. Today is day 4 of them and I'm ready to rip my head off. Does your daughter get them in clusters? What does she do about them when she gets them?

Debbie, I so want to admire your tree but the picture isn't there this morning. Did you take it down? Or maybe the link is broken? It sounds beautiful!

Penny

hi penny lane...............I love your christmas tree its beautiful.nice and colourful.your room looks really cosy,and i must admit your sofa bed does look so so comfortable.hope you and your family have a great christmas and health and happiness for the new year.

best wishes

chrissy  xx

Thank you so much, Chrissy. I wish you and yours the very same. Here's to hoping 2013 will bring many, many happy days to us all!  :thumbsup:

Penny

Staffy

Staffy, they're so cute! And how about the one in the background riding the bike? What's that one called? Love 'em, love 'em all. :)

Can I ask why you've given names your lawn reindeer? lol ;)

Penny

Hi Penny,

Yes Penny my daughter gets the migraines in clusters too, I really feel for you as I've seen her so poorly when she's having a migraine. When it's particularly bad Penny she has to go to bed in a darkened room until the head pains ease, she vomits sometimes for 24 hours too.

She takes sumatriptan when she feels a headache coming on and she has a little gadget called migrastick which she carries around with her permanently. It's a natural remedy, a roll on containing lavender ans peppermint which is applied to the forehead. I think this can be applied at any time.

Recently she was prescribed propranolol from her doctor as she had 3 migraines in close succession and was missing work. She only takes the propranolol when she's desperate but it does work, also makes her very sleepy.

I hope this helps Penny. As for the tree I put the photo on this morning and I can see it, I'm not sure why you cant. Maybe there is something wrong with the link, I'll check it later and I really hope you get some relief from that head pain very soon.

Debbie  :smitten:

best wishes

chrissy  xx

Yeah, 2013!!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  Penny, the tree is gorgeous!!!  Still working on my pics....

Debbie, do you know where she got the migrastick?  Wondering if it works for just regular headaches (which have plagued me through various meds and now w/d)....and all I can really tolerate is tylenol but that just takes the edge off sometimes.    I read Parker's post about using icy hot...may try that but I'm also interested in the migrastick.  Does she find that it helps?

Thank you so much, Chrissy. I wish you and yours the very same. Here's to hoping 2013 will bring many, many happy days to us all!  :thumbsup:

Penny

Hi Hoosier  :)

Yes my daughter gets the Migrasticks from either our local health shop ( we're in the UK ) or from Amazon website, again that's the UK one, I'm not sure where you live.

I've used the migrastck myself when I've felt a headache coming on and I think they're quite effective. It's a natural remedy too so it certainly cant do any harm. Like you I'm not good with any painkillers in withdrawal, I try to avoid everything. I'll give you a link to the Migrastick on Amazon. I'm not sure whether I'm supposed to do this but  the mods will remove it if it's not supposed to be there.

Hope this helps,

[nobbc]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Arkopharma-95240242-Migrastick-Roll-On-3ml/dp/B0013G49C0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355330153&sr=8-1[/nobbc]

Debbie x

edit: deactivate commercial link

Hi Penny,

Yes Penny my daughter gets the migraines in clusters too, I really feel for you as I've seen her so poorly when she's having a migraine. When it's particularly bad Penny she has to go to bed in a darkened room until the head pains ease, she vomits sometimes for 24 hours too.

She takes sumatriptan when she feels a headache coming on and she has a little gadget called migrastick which she carries around with her permanently. It's a natural remedy, a roll on containing lavender ans peppermint which is applied to the forehead. I think this can be applied at any time.

Recently she was prescribed propranolol from her doctor as she had 3 migraines in close succession and was missing work. She only takes the propranolol when she's desperate but it does work, also makes her very sleepy.

I hope this helps Penny. As for the tree I put the photo on this morning and I can see it, I'm not sure why you cant. Maybe there is something wrong with the link, I'll check it later and I really hope you get some relief from that head pain very soon.

Debbie  :smitten:

Debbie,

I tried to put the link directly into my browser and it does bring me to photobucket but not to the picture of your tree. Maybe it is just on my end because my computer seems to be running slowly this morning. I'll keep checking back and see if the pic shows up a little later.

Thanks for sharing that information about your daughter. I didn't want to gross anyone out so I left out the vomiting part but it's the same for me. The migraine clusters and constant vomiting from them sound just like me. I was rx'd sumatriptan, too, and it just made me throw up more. So I was then rx'd ondansetron for the vomiting and that just made me throw up even more. So I stopped taking all of the pills and I just try and get through the migraine days with tylenol. But using tylenol is probably more of a placebo for me than anything just so I know that I'm doing something to try and help. I really feel for your daughter as this can really bring a person to their knees and render them entirely useless to themselves and everyone around them. Give her a hug for me, would you? I don't even know what propranolol is but I have an appt with my pdoc tomorrow so I can ask him about it.

Thank you so much for talking with me about this, Debbie. I really appreciate it. I hate to bring anyone down but I have to admit that it really feels so good to get it off my chest.

many hugs to you,

Penny