Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Silly Season in almost upon us - show us your Xmas Tree

[0e...]

Wait, a photo of my treE?  What about trees?!  I have 10 up in my house!  Now if I can just figure out how to post a. Pic.  Can anyone tell me?  I do use shutterfly.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Pe...]

• [De...]

• [Ho...]

• [sa...]

oh, oh, oh.....I want to SEE them, Hoosier!

Shutterfly? Hmm...I can surely help you post pics but I'm not familiar with shutterfly. I'll take a look at their website once I get my child ready and off to school and see what I can come up with.  :)

Penny

Hoosier,

You sure picked a secure online photo sharing website! There doesn't seem to be a way to link directly to one photo on Shutterfly. You can share albums, pics, etc., but as far as I can tell you cannot directly link to a specific photo to post here on the BB forum.

If you open an account with photobucket.com it is very easy to link to a single photo. And, I would guess that you probably have private information about yourself on Shutterfly that you'd rather not have anyone see so photobucket.com would be a better choice for you anyway. There you can make up a fake name and use a gmail or hotmail or yahoo (whatever you have) email address. In that way nobody will be able to find your true identity or any personal information about yourself whatsoever.

If you are open to doing that let me know and I can guide you through posting pics here on the BB forum via photobucket.com. Just say the word and I'll be more than happy to help, okay? :)

Penny

Yep, Penny thanks, just sent me a PM with instructions and I'll try!  I tend to be technologically challenged, but I will try!  I love to share our crazy Xmas house with as many people as possible.  Go Christmas!!!

Hey Hoosier,

That's awesome you have so many trees! LOL, come decorate ours. :) No one is really up for it, although my offspring (OS) got a small tree decoration in his advent calender today, so he put that on it. LOL. He moaned at todays gift, suppose I should keep it to candy, money and lottery tickets. LOL. :)

Deb, its hard to see your tree, but its cool that you posted it! I love this thread! :)

Happy Christmas season to you guys!

Oh, don't forget a splatter of peppermint schnaps in your hot chocolate. Since we can't drink, a splash is like an indulgence and is so so so yummy.  ;)

ho ho ho

Sarah :smitten:

Hoosier, let me know when you've set up a photobucket account and I'll PM you later today. I have to take my very, very sick cat to the vet but will be back. This is going to be a breeze for you since you're already familiar with photo hosting websites. ttys  :)

omg, Sarah, I forgot the advent calendar this year!  :o  Thanks so much for the reminder. I'll try and hoof out later today and grab one. I never thought of lottery tickets. I usually put those in the stockings but I like your idea much better.  :thumbsup:

Now I really, really, really, REALLY can't wait to get our tree. I'm so excited thanks to all of you!

jingly bells to all,

Penny

Hoosier, let me know when you've set up a photobucket account and I'll PM you later today. I have to take my very, very sick cat to the vet but will be back. This is going to be a breeze for you since you're already familiar with photo hosting websites. ttys  :)

omg, Sarah, I forgot the advent calendar this year!  :o  Thanks so much for the reminder. I'll try and hoof out later today and grab one. I never thought of lottery tickets. I usually put those in the stockings but I like your idea much better.  :thumbsup:

Now I really, really, really, REALLY can't wait to get our tree. I'm so excited thanks to all of you!

jingly bells to all,

Penny

LOL, you have to be kidding me, Penny. Ditto! Girl  I totally forgot, too. Not just once either. Last year, he would open it and there would be nothing on that day (why I don't just put it all in at the same time, I don't know) anyway, he just laughed and makes fun, he really can be pretty good natured most of the time....so one time, after he checked last year and nothing, he got in the shower and I put cheerios in there. LOL, he thought that was hilarious!!

So this year, I finally dug it out of the box on the 4th. I had gotten some fake moustaches (why are those so popular this year, he loves them. He used to draw a mustache on his face all the time, he still covets one, both he and his little friend. I buy them for them from time to time on sleepovers and I take 2 12 year olds with mustaches to the movies. its hilarious) Anyway, so on the 4th he opened 4 things mustache, money, candy (his fave) and a note for sonic visit after school.

So the decoration as a last minute effort at the little store by me, and evidently christmas decorations are not that cool. Eh, he's a boy. :)

I love that everyone here deals with the same thing! :)

Hope your kitty is ok.

xoxo

Sarah~

sarah-bear, I think that's hilarious too. What slight of hand with the cheerios maneuver. I see you were thinking quick on your feet that morning. ha!! Maybe this will sound somewhat familiar to you:

"I know, right? Dude, did you see that awesome stash he had on? Oh my god, how rad! I HAVE to have one. I mean, how random was that, right? I gotta get some of those sunglasses with the hangin' stash chain on 'em. What? You haven't seen 'em? Oh, duuuude, where have you been? I mean for real? They are just so totally cool! I think I'm gonna ask my mom if she'll buy me a pair for Mustache Friday at school. She probably won't buy them for me. She can be so totally annoying sometimes, omg...geezzzzzzzzzzz! Oh, whoaaaa...did you just see that squirrel?"

oh, sarah, sarah. Don't you know that christmas decorations are SO last year?  ::) Try iTunes.  :thumbsup:

I ran out of time and didn't manage to get an advent calendar and so yet another day will go by with no little goodie. I really am so totally annoying...... I wish I could turn back time.

Penny

kitty is not doing so good. hopefully she'll perk up later tonight.  :-\

[0e...]

;):clap::yippee::pokey: :pokey: :tickedoff:nice xmas tree staffy. Weve got 6 puppy staffs and the mother. Its kaos.but fun

OMG - I have to see those pics, pretty please :laugh:  There is nothing like puppy breath, except of course new born bubs breath. 

Stop teasing me Riggsy, I want, I want, I want.

Staffy

Hey girls, I'll try and get up the photos tomorrow or Saturday....sorry I didn't do it yesterday.  I really hit the skids.  :sick: 

I've been super sick through my taper and w/d, and generally feel really weak (like I'm going to faint), super dizzy and with the benzo flu all the time.  My bp does run low, but it's actually been ok lately.  And I have the infernal jitters.  I just feel awful...anyway, yesterday I was feeling particularly weak and hubby had to go out of town until tonight, leaving me with the two little ones.  Him being away just rev's up my s/x when they are bad, and yesterday was no exception....I broke down crying when he left.  But, I made it through....anyway, I just didn't have it in me to post.  Hope you understand.

Hey girls, I'll try and get up the photos tomorrow or Saturday....sorry I didn't do it yesterday.  I really hit the skids.  :sick: 

I've been super sick through my taper and w/d, and generally feel really weak (like I'm going to faint), super dizzy and with the benzo flu all the time.  My bp does run low, but it's actually been ok lately.  And I have the infernal jitters.  I just feel awful...anyway, yesterday I was feeling particularly weak and hubby had to go out of town until tonight, leaving me with the two little ones.  Him being away just rev's up my s/x when they are bad, and yesterday was no exception....I broke down crying when he left.  But, I made it through....anyway, I just didn't have it in me to post.  Hope you understand.

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/foryou.gif

we need a parenting thread. I so understand what you are going through. Only I just have one and he is older.

mom to Mom hug.

xoxo

Sarah

Awww, thanks so much Sarah!  Tomorrow hubby is taking the day off ans we are going to spend Iraq rogwthwe Santa shopping, going to our little one's Xmas program and having lunch just the two of us so am really hoping the dizziness and weakness is at its minimum!  And if I have time I'll post tree pics!!

Hoosier, I am so sorry about yesterday and how you're feeling in general.  :-[  Take your time posting your tree pics. This forum can wait. Never forget that you come first. Always. We can get get so caught up in trying to take care of the world, especially as mothers, that we tend to forget the fact that if we don't take care of ouselves first we are completely useless to anyone else.

Would you mind if I ask how old your children are?

I've been pretty stressed out too and had a good  :'( myself today. I made waffles this morning for my child and I got so caught up in trying to make sense of how to mix ingredients in the right order and how long to cook the waffles and how to get my child's birthday candle into the cooked waffles without melting the wax into the waffles (I get that way while w/d'ing ... I can't put two and two together ... waffles used to be second nature to me but now? har har) that I forgot to make her bday lunch to send to school with her. I cried buckets when I realized that I had forgotten and hubby held me close and told me that he loved me so much and not to beat myself up about these things. That we'd get through it all and no one would would hate me because of it. My heart was broken. At least I remembered to make reservations for bday dinner tonight. So I'm going to give myself a pat on the back and call that a small victory in my favor.  :thumbsup:

And so should you in that you got through the day yesterday without your hubby and with your two little ones to take care of and you survived it all and here you are today. I'd call that a very large victory for you. I honestly do know how hard it is and my thoughts are with you. Come here when you're feeling so crappy and cry on our shoulders. We have very, very big shoulders here and I've reserved a spot on mine just for you anytime you need it. Many, many hugs to you, hoosier!!!

Penny

Oh my gosh you guys are so sweet.  Thanks!  And no, hubby and I are not going to Iraq tomorrow (Damn spell correct).  We are spending the DAY together!

Ah Hoosier so sorry to hear this. As others have said dont worry about the photos. Hope you feel better soon and have a lovely day with hubby and the little ones.

Debbie  :hug:

Okay, so since we won't be getting our big tree until Sunday here is my child's bedroom tree:

http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q764/pennylane101/childxmastree-1.jpg

Kinda cool, huh?  :)

Penny

Okay, so since we won't be getting our big tree until Sunday here is my child's bedroom tree:

http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q764/pennylane101/childxmastree-1.jpg

Kinda cool, huh?  :)

Penny

LOVE!!!  Very cool. I say call it good...you're welcome. :)

Oh Penny it's so pretty, I love it !!!

Cant wait to see your main tree. I must take another photo of my tree over the weekend, you cant see it on the original.

Good luck with putting up your big tree.

Debbie  :smitten:

We are not putting a tree up this year as we won't be here at Christmas time but hopefully it's alright that I post a picture of some of the paper snowflakes that I decorate my tree with.

Many years ago when our children were young we didn't have any decorations so I decided to make paper snowflakes.

They are surprisingly difficult to cut out with hair scissors but that is how I make them.

We now have other ornaments also but my paper snowflakes are my very favorite ornaments.

http://i1323.photobucket.com/albums/u585/geddeca/F8ED91F7-A023-4730-9D23-4F9AC6413B2C-21920-000027115050E074.jpg

Carol

Ok, Carol, where do I place an order???  Those are BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Penny, I got my photobucket account last night, so hopefully I'll get some pics in there today and be able to post tomorrow.  As for the waffles and the birthday stuff, just keep thinking where we'll be this time next year.  I'll meet you for some celebratory waffles this time next year and we'll be doing cartwheels!!!

My kids are 7 (boy) and 2 (girl).  My whole SSRI / benzo snafu has been going on since my daughter was about 3 months old.  So, I've missed a lot of her babyhood.  But, I keep telling myself that I have MANY years ahead of me with her, so not to sweat it that I've been sick all this time.    :thumbsup:  How old are yours?

Yesterday I managed to make the sugar cookie cutouts with my son, so today we are decorating.  I will of course post pics along with the trees.  Oh, and I got flagged on facebook by neighbor with a photo of my "outlandish" outside holiday display yesterday, so I'll of course post that as well. 

Much love to all of you and thanks for the encouragement...I am hoping that I start to turn a corner soon (coming up on 5 months off), which after reading so much on here I find is common in the 6-10 month range....so I am hopeful!!!