Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

anyone know anything about dogs needing fostering due to sandy?

[...]

wondered if i could foster a dog for someone who is in the sandy mess?  need to be fussy on the kind of dog tho - have an old shitzu, a 17 year old cat and a rabbit i rescued. i could take a medium dog; older; mild.  i could pick him up at the airport. 

Hi Pan,

Your offer of taking a dog that has been rendered homeless from the terrible destruction of storm Sandy is admirable, especially as you have so much to contend with yourself.  You have such caring kindness in your heart, however, I must remind you that it is against the forum rules and guidelines to exchange personal contact details both on the threads and by PM.  This is expressly for your own safety as although we may develop some deep friendships in the virtual world we can never be sure to exactly whom we speak.  There are some unscrupulous people out there who would be only to happy to gain your contact details for less than savoury purposes.. I would suggest that if you indeed wish to foster these lovely dogs then do so by contacting an animal refuge centre. 

Our rules and guidelines for you http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=67143.0

Thank you, and I wish you luck.

Betsy

hi magrita - thanks so much dear one.  thanks for your note on the other thread too.  you are awesome

betsy - i understand.  just thought i might get a web site;  i googled it and just got facebook pages.  i will go to our shelter soon.  you're great;  thanks