Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Get out of your head, wax poetically about the universe and life...

[Hi...]

I did an exercise that really helped today...i grabbed a cup of tea, sat down, and just started rambling about anything and everything that came to mind....I had a full fledged conversation with myself and gave myself a bunch of pointers on what's been going on and what my plans are.  I figured a bunch of things out and it helped me tune into a good signal...Now it's much harder to slip back into derealization / anxiety mode because I know exactly what I want so there's no question about anything.  I think it's important to have a solid, internal, philosophical foundation to build from so when these little anxiety dust particles form you can weather the storm and the original foundation is left intact.  Just an idea...take it for what it's worth.

Also here is a great video by Alan Watts on Anxiety, very applicable to benzo withdrawal... http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=5JGg0YmcWJw&feature=endscreen

Since I was a small child, my take on things was basically like that of what Alan Watts describes.  I have long enjoyed his talks, and books. 

Since I was a small child, my take on things was basically like that of what Alan Watts describes.  I have long enjoyed his talks, and books.

yea definitely changed my outlook on life, what are you favorites

the cog fog is getting to me the most...getting anxiety about little weird things...it's starting to clear up though and I can feel my true self slowly fading back into the picture...i'm probably about 75 percent or so...how u doing

i tried kava kava once way before benzos and it took me 3 months to clear the strange netherworld feeling it brought acts just like a benzo

I actually wouldn't mind never never land...psilocybin

Hey Hindsight, :laugh: In reference to the psilocybin, didn't you mention something about sharks biting your legs or something awhile back, going off the k so fast? Are you sure it was just the k? Just kidding ;D

lol...yea it was the fear of swimming in the ocean and thinking about sharks...I admit I like to partake in some magic mushrooms and there are studies that support the use of it for anxiety and personality changes for the better...such as the johns hopkins study that I will just leave laying here for any party who is possibly interested.

Edit removed link promoting illegal substance