Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Feeling weird about the election

[...]

Is it just me or is anyone feeling weird about  the US election? I feel FEAR! In my withdrawal mind these are two very corrupt candidates thirsty for power and who will ruin the workd with more wars...I am not even voting...and I was always very politically involved. Am I being irrational or maybe not that much? I did not write this to start a discussion about politics just to ask if anyone feels this weirdness? Maybe a sign of paranoia?

Is it just me or is anyone feeling weird about  the US election? I feel FEAR! In my withdrawal mind these are two very corrupt candidates thirsty for power and who will ruin the workd with more wars...I am not even voting...and I was always very politically involved. Am I being irrational or maybe not that much? I did not write this to start a discussion about politics just to ask if anyone feels this weirdness? Maybe a sign of paranoia?

mmir,

I think this is against "benzo law" here and will probably be moved or deleted but yeah i feel real weird about the whole thing. JFK was the last real president we had and they murdered him. It's a joke what's going on. People are afraid of the truth, rstud

Hi

I agree with you, the world is currently being run by dark forces.

It can make us feel powerless but if we dwell on feelings of powerlessness it will hinder our recovery.

We have to care for ourselves right now and make that our priority, and thank our lucky stars we will not have to face the karma that these psychopathic 'leaders' will have to face someday.

mmir - sometimes I feel as you do and feel there is some kind of conspiracy going on in the govt...and especially with Big Pharma....I know it's paranoia and I try not to think about it but it just seems so odd to me that NO ONE is listening to us benzo victims. 

Anyway - I try not to think about it and taking care of ourselves is our real goal and so that is what I do.  I have totally dropped out of political discussions and right now, I don't care who gets elected....neither candidate will ever get the US back to the country it once was...

HOping

For what it's worth politics has always been and will always be corrupt if that makes you feel any better.  There have been many prior to this that have been significantly more corrupt and I'm sure there will be.  If this particular election is affecting you, my guess it's w/d since the most common emotion I've seen here for people in w/d is fear.  And although I hate the word "irrational", the fear is not real. That's not to say that it's not a mess, it is.  But it always has been, and probably always will be.

As far as the Mayan calendar and the end of the world, apparently the Mayans didn't take into account Leap years.  As a result, the end of the world would have occurred much earlier than their calendar suggests.  So for good or for bad, we are here for the duration

Well your fears are certainly rational benzo or not! I feel healed now and I still think both are corrupt, evil, tyrants who only are controlled by corporations with money anyway. Personally I did not vote.