Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Election Day

[...]

Whether your choice for President of the United States of America wins or loses on Tuesday, emotions can run wild, and cause people to say or do things that they may later regret.

This has been a very contentious race, with the mud-slinging hitting new lows, and the amount of campaign money hitting new highs.  All that aside; to be able to vote, and to exercise our right to do so without intimidation or reprisal, in my opinion, is one of the reasons that makes the U S ... even with all it's faults, a pretty darn good place to call home, which is why there are more folks who want to come here, than who want to leave.

On the lighter side:  I just received the following wire from my generous Daddy;  Dear Jack, Don't buy a single vote more than is necessary.  I'll be damned if i'm going to pay for a landslide.    Jack F. Kennedy

I shall be glad when the election is over, so much waste. The world is dying and these people are arguing. I have to ask is Hollywood in America or is America in Hollywood?  It all a show and the fraternity of man got lost some where along the line! Djc

The analysis we are getting here in OZ  is it is going to be Obama.Someone said America is a plutocracy & nothing really changes with the different parties it's all just window-dressing .

Let's keep a positive thought for much hope ahead.  Yes.. voting is truly an honor, to our ancestors who braved their way from where they came, to give each and everyone of us a chance in life.  Our country is strong, when the toughest times are abound, we then come together.  Our problem, is not our leader (President), our problem are the ones who buy our Senators and Congress people off on both sides of the isle.  It's time, that we has people, put pressure on these "representatives" to pass legislation, no more $$, corruption, from them to them... otherwise, none of this will ever stop, no matter who is the President of the USA...  We need an amendment to the Constitution prohibiting this..  It will never occur from them.. it must be from us with pressure on them, it needs to STOP!

I know who "I" would like to win this election but if that doesn't happen then all I hope for is the best. Our Country is in a horrible situation and something needs to be done. The amount of money spent on campaigning and all of the questions is disgusting. Imagine what that money could do for the homeless or deficit or ANYTHING........

Highest turnout EVER so far in my county. I actually had to wait 25 min. I have never ever waited!

Lisa

I believe that if a person doesn't vote then they have nothing to complain about. At least I cast my vote for who I thought was the best candidate.

Thank god all the ads are done with. I have had enough of all the negative campaigning myself!

Well, its time they "all" stand up to the plate and do the right thing.  If they don't begin to work together for the good of this country, all hell is going to break loose.  Frankly, I think we have all had enough, and if they don't begin to roll their sleeves up and work in a team manner... the people in this country need to stand up and hit the streets in mass, "peaceful" protests and shut this country down economically, show them where the power is at.. That "we" demand that they do what they have been hired for!

I have been emailing and will continue to do so, every House and Senate Rep everyday, began this day, that they have no more choice in the manner... As "we" the people are sick and tired of their actions.. It needs to stop.

Consider emailing them if you can.  Pattylu