Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

any of the old TRAPpers still around?

[do...]

Hi all

I've been missing for some time - lots of health issues, as well as the benzo nightmare - just started tapering again from 60mg of diazepam....currently down to 52.5mg ...yes I know, a huge amount.

Need some serious support, wondered if any of my old friends were still here.

Reason I put off tapering is because of all the health issues and related stress - which continues. 

Would love to hear from any old buddies.

love to all

dorota xx

Hi dorata,

Welcome back! Good for you tackling the taper once more. I'm sorry that you are still suffering so much.  I'm an old TRAP member.  There are a lot of us here.  Off the top of my head - magrita, Flip, Tickityboo, sara norris, Laura, Frizz, Dave.  There are more though.. If you look in the Buddie Blog section you will see some familiar names. I'll PM you my old TRAP name.

I know that you know your way around but a suggestion may be for you to start a Buddie Blog to gain some daily contact and possibly chat again with some old friends and make some new ones also... Just remember if you need symptom support it's best to post on the Withdrawal & recovery Support board. 

I look forward to seeing you around.

Betsy xxxx

Hi dorata, :)

It's good to hear from you, again!  I am glad that you have started to taper, and wanting support from your old buddies.  Good for you!!!

I am sorry that you have had so many health issues and stress, which are common to many here.  The great news, is that you can get off this drug, and have a life free of the extra symptoms, that benzos give.  I have been free for almost 18 months now, and it has been great.  All benzos do is rob life, and make any illness, much worse.  They were never intended for use longer than a couple weeks, and even at that short time, some become addicted.  I view them as poison.

As Betsy has written, there are other old friends from TRAP here.  Many have finished their tapers, while others are continuing on, in their quest for freedom.  We all have a common thread, and it is not just benzo addiction, it is a desire to be free, and fully recovered.  I am sure that is what the cry of your heart is, too.  Betsy's suggestion of starting a buddie blog is the best way to communicate with us, your old friends.  It is also a way of meeting new ones too, many who are just starting their tapers, and others, that are along the way. 

Are you on a good schedule, with timely cuts, and spacing?  Keeping a schedule is a must, as is healthy eating, and hydrating.  I know it is difficult, but it amazing how much better you will eventually feel, when you do these things.  Whatever works for you, but if it isn't working, know that someone can help show you a better or different way, to reach your goal.

PM me, or write to me on my blog.  You will see it at the end of this post.  It is called "Frizz's Freedom blog".  Just click on it, and you can send me a message.  I try to check in every day, but sometimes don't, so don't despair, I will show up, or someone else will.  We take care of one another.  You are in a safe, loving place, and we want you to succeed.

Big hugs and welcome back!

Frizz :mybuddy:

Hi, I was at TRAP for only a week or two before they suddenly ceased to exist but luckily I found this wonder group that helped me taper and become benzo free, I hope your taper goes well for you now, :smitten:

Ladygrace12

Hi Dorota  :smitten:

Another old TRAPer here LOL. I'm glad you are tapering again. I wish you the best in your journey. Like Betsy and Frizz said try to start a blog that way your old friends will find you and you can meet more great people here. This forum is great and you'll find a lot of info and many good friends.

I have been benzo free 8 months and I'm doing great. I did a slow taper and I don't regret it. I hope you keep in touch with us. There is so much support here and many lovely people ready to help listen to you.

love

Laura