Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

maybe finding a love interest will help in withdrawal ,since love cures all!

[5c...]

[5c...]

what do you guys think?     

maybe thats what the single ones like myself need somebody to understand you, hug you when times get tough .. (i truly believe this)

iwasstuckinjax,

This is a benzo support group, not a dating site. Looking for someone to date on this site is not only inappropriate it is potentially dangerous. Users of this site are not allowed to solicit personal information on the forum or via our PM system, as per our policies and guidelines. I see no way one could find a date on this site without some sort of personal information exchange. Please read our policy below.

You are not permitted to post your contact details to the BenzoBuddies forum. Nor should you solicit the contact details of other members. Links to Facebook or any other social media which may potentially identify a member are not allowed.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=9681.msg124366#post_rules-forum

hello..though your premise is oh so true, as Hope informed you, BB is not the place to find your next great love..

I am sure you are aware that there are many online dating sites...good luck, New Life

I dont know but... no way would I want to date anyone who is going through this while I am currently dealing with it  :idiot: That would be a doomed relationship for me...lol.

Oh iwasstukinjax. I see you modified your original post.

what do you guys think?

well i'm gonna put it out their on this site .

looking for single women in the jacksonville fl,or surrounding area, looking for a friend possible love interest, who might be experiencing what i'm going thru,or is benzo-sympathetic to the situation.. any interest ? just pm me and we will go from their. :smitten:       

maybe thats what the single ones like myself need somebody to understand you, hug you when times get tough .. (i truly believe this)

It is very clear you were looking for a date on this site.

lol.. jessica you know how i like to just type in mess lol.

I dont know what that post means but, the whole premise of looking for a date on here is a bit creepy....

I have suspended your ability to modify your posts. It's unfair to our members to wait until you've been warned then change your post to support a comment such as this:

lol not looking for a love interest on benzobuddies ..come on now!

Iwas...You were the one that started the post and it seemed pretty serious since you stated where you lived etc but whatever... Hope1962 has enough to do without dealing with this kind-of craziness I am sure.  God love ya Hope1962, you are a far more patient person than me....lol...

ok hope .. i wont post an off topic in a off topic section.. :-X

You are welcome to post on any board you feel you need to. However, it is unfair to change a post to suit you after you have received comments from other members...then react to those members in such an incredulous manner...when you know very well you have modified your original post.

You no longer have the ability to modify your posts.

As a point of interest, Colin and I recently made changes to the ability of members to modify their posts, however in a situation that involves abuse of this ability, that ability will be revoked...such as in your case.

For any member who may be interested in learning more, here is a link to Colin's post:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=67148.0

Iwas...You were the one that started the post and it seemed pretty serious since you stated where you lived etc but whatever... Hope1962 has enough to do without dealing with this kind-of craziness I am sure.  God love ya Hope1962, you are a far more patient person than me....lol...

LOL..thanks Jess. My patience has limits.  ;D

Stuck, I wasn't laughing at you...i promise :) but go back and read from beginning, it was pretty funny, you have to admit :) hope you're feeling better!

Finding a girlfriend here is probably not your best bet, since the forum is largely built around withdrawal, which is a subject of misery. I would not imagine that this is the environment most chicks get riled up over.

I think it's sort of not great to post people's original posts. I think I've only seen that done once before with.. I can't even remember who...

I didn't comment on it that time.

I just didn't want to have a grudge about it.

I think it was sky.

When a member posts, and other members or team members respond to that post (especially when it's against the guidelines of the forum) it's unfair to those who are reading the thread as well as the team members who posted the warning...and the members who responded to a post that has completely changed in nature. This sort of posting is considered an abuse of the system and it's clear the intentions of editing the post you're referring to was deceit plain and simple, and will not be permitted. This is no different than any other policy that we speak to publicly when there has been an public infraction of the rules.

Note: I see since I posted the below comments goto deleted the quoted post.

This whole thread is ridiculous.  Morrowcosom is right... being a "chick" I definitely do not get "riled up" at the topic of wd.  :laugh: That cracked me up when I read it and Hjc2899 I must agree. I am not laughing at u Iwasstuckinjax but if you read thru this entire thread it is funny.  I mean come on.  Like I said prior I just cant see any relationship where BOTH people are in benzo wd being a very stable or happy one.  Seems like it would just be one miserable mess...lol. 

[f2...]