Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Grammar, Spelling, and Punctuation - Warning: May Be TERRIFYING!

[re...]

Where I live, "Baptist" is pronounced something like "BAY-up-dist".

"Presbyterian" isn't pronounced at all. It's not even thought about in polite company.

And "Catholic" is pronounced "MEX-sic-ken".

Hey - the grits is good.

Where I live, they speak with what is called a gutteral slurr.  You leave out as much of the word as possible.  You go to the denist to get your teeth filled.  Baptists are  babists.  "I am wanting a candy bar' is I am wah-in a candy bar as you also leave the 'g' off of every word that ends in 'ing'.  I'm goin...I'm leavin'.  A waitress might offer youz a cuppa coffees. 

It's quite endearing, don't youz think?

Donna

Jeet yet?  is Oklahma for did you eat yet? I've not only gotten used to it, I use it!  :D

Donna, who puts a g on going? It's a waste of energy and lip strength.  :D

:smitten:

Jeet yet?  is Oklahma for did you eat yet? I've not only gotten used to it, I use it!  :D

Donna, who puts a g on going? It's a waste of energy and lip strength.  :D

:smitten:

Hey flip is it true that you're free now?  if so a massive well done to you.  I'm having anxiety waves at the moment, but dropping in for positive stories to calm down the panic.  I know it will go away one day. x

Bravo Flip on being benzo free!!!  Did you post something on the Benzo Free board yet?  I'm sure many members want to wish you a hearty congratulations.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks Piano Girl. No, I didn't do a benzo free thread. Do you think it would be encouragement for others? I had a bunch of people stop by my Free Flipper thread to give me an atta girl.  :smitten:

Thanks Piano Girl. No, I didn't do a benzo free thread. Do you think it would be encouragement for others? I had a bunch of people stop by my Free Flipper thread to give me an atta girl.  :smitten:

Yes I do think it would be inspiring to others. Remember a lot of new members don't read the blogs. I would love for you do write a Benzo free post!  :smitten: