Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

my first car

[ni...]

Benzo's took the joy of driving away from me.  I will get that pleasure back.  I was wondering what was your first  vehicle and did you like it ?  Mine, a 1970 chevelle.  I had to have liked it,  owned it three different times. But I also sold three times.  Hmm ?

the first car I drove is my dad's 2006 Buick Lesabre..I like it but the only thing that bugs me about it is it's too wide and hard to maneuver sometimes.  Other than that I really like this car.  I feel bad because one time during benzo w/d, I backed up into a car and dented my car in the back.  The parking space I was in was really narrow and I was freaking out from benzo w/d and not paying attention when I did it.  I'm still driving this car and still like it.

The first car I "owned" a 1969 Toyota Corolla... I called it "Beatle Bomb Bailey"... did that go car. :thumbsup:

My parents car I learned how to drive... a sherman tank.. 1956 Buick!!  :laugh: :laugh:

Patty

1977 BMW. I was the only gal in High School that had a beemer. Loved that car  :smitten:, but it was quite the moving death trap. No a/c, no defrost, would fishtail in the slightest skiff of snow.

Still waiting for my next BMW.

1994 Nissan Sentra. Now I'm driving a '93 Camry.

Let's hear it for long-lived pragmatic Japanese sedans!

I always tell myself that my next car will be a Subaru WRX, but I've been telling myself that for, oh, six years. Ultimately I may be too practical.

1989 Firebird.....6 cyl. While I was driving it I really wanted a mustang 5.0. So, this year i turned 36, lived through benzo hell.....still am, not quite hell anymore though. Anyway, I treated myself, a black on black 2013 Mustang GT 5.0. You only live once.......enjoy it.

-CAR Lover

1989 Firebird.....6 cyl. While I was driving it I really wanted a mustang 5.0. So, this year i turned 36, lived through benzo hell.....still am, not quite hell anymore though. Anyway, I treated myself, a black on black 2013 Mustang GT 5.0. You only live once.......enjoy it.

-CAR Lover

Hey... good for you!!!  That car is one beauty!  Had the opportunity to rent one for one day, my car being repaired.  Boy, does that Mustang have power....  Have fun with it, YOU DESERVED TO HAVE THAT!!  Patty

My Moms white ford station wagon with red interior. It drove me to and from school, what can I say?

Then I got a 1965 Mustang. Stick shift with a hot motor. LOVED THAT CAR.

[d0...]
83 cadillac eldorado.. the soprano edition .. thats what i call it now .because when i had it i was sixteen years old ,, but that particular style was a gangsters dream lol.. i am from chicago but live in fl.. but back then it was all about that gangster vibe in cars.. you know big boat caddies, broughams,park avenus,el dorados,and ninety eights were the cars of choice.. then their were supremes and regals  also

A white, 1956 Pontiac rag top...it was 8 years old when I got it as a graduation present.  No power steering on this Beast and I hurt my shoulder trying to turn corners.  I went away to college and freshman couldn't have cars...my father sold it while I was gone.  Huh?  The very first car I bought with my own money was a 1961 Corvair.  The shifter on the console broke off and I had to shift it with a screw driver...Oh, those were the days!

Donna

First vehicle I drove - a grain truck. I was maybe 5. My Dad needed to get it out of the field and closer to the house. He propped me on a bunch of feed sacks so I could see over the steering wheel and put it in very low gear so it started inching along. My instructions were to turn off the key 50 yards from the fence. I guess my 5 years of living hadn't taught me about 50 yards. I turned the key off and the truck started bucking as it sputtered and died and bucked it's way right through the fence. My Dad was angry!

1968 Simca is the first car I owned. My German Shepherd filled up the hatch back area. Fun times had in that car!