Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I Won't Say Another Word

[ge...]

Hello, someone on another thread just got kind of rude with me for "interrupting" their thread.  First of all, that was not my intention.  I was trying to support the person when saying I was on a 20 week taper of Klonopin.  Someone else jumped in and told me that 20 weeks was too fast.  So yes, I ended up responding on that thread with my own questions.  I did not know it was such a huge mistake.  Forgive me, I will not be back here, I thought this website was supportive now I just feel worse.  So I will not say another word.  What a shame when you are in such a horrible place, are looking for help, and you get feel worse because you did not use the right "etiquette" on this board.  For sure not the place for me.  I wish all of you the best of luck with your tapers, but I cannot come back to this website after that happened. 

Georgiagirl, don't let one bad incident chase you away. It's unfortunate these things happen but try to consider everyone here is in withdrawal and may not always be thinking clearly. You need the support here.

I hope you stay,

Flip

Hello Georgiagirl3

If you are searching for help,don't let someone else dictate your staying or not.

I have been on threads pertaining to my benzo journey, and feel left out. Now I just read

and sometimes post to encourage others. This board has helped me

tremendously,has value and lots and lots of info and a place to go to so you are not

alone.Read the success stories, the benzo news articles and places that give would

give you direction along with making you feel good. Because lets face it, BENZOS

and the withdrawals we go thru, you need support.

Be Brave, have courage and know that others care about you.

Notforme  :angel:

Hello, someone on another thread just got kind of rude with me for "interrupting" their thread.  First of all, that was not my intention.  I was trying to support the person when saying I was on a 20 week taper of Klonopin.  Someone else jumped in and told me that 20 weeks was too fast.  So yes, I ended up responding on that thread with my own questions.  I did not know it was such a huge mistake.  Forgive me, I will not be back here, I thought this website was supportive now I just feel worse.  So I will not say another word.  What a shame when you are in such a horrible place, are looking for help, and you get feel worse because you did not use the right "etiquette" on this board.  For sure not the place for me.  I wish all of you the best of luck with your tapers, but I cannot come back to this website after that happened.

Hi there,

I am very sorry to hear that you felt you were treated rudely.  We do want to hear about these instances, there is a Report to Moderator button that you can click and one of the team will look at the thread.  I would hate for you to leave and miss out on the wonderful support given by many members here.  One of the things that happens sometimes is overreacting.  This is mostly due to the strong feelings people have during withdrawal and the experiences they have had.

Please let me know how the I can help you.  You can send a report, click the blue "report" at the bottom of the post or you can also PM me with your concerns.

There is a place for everyone here on the forum no matter what method of withdrawal they decide to take.

Hi G.G...  Please don't leave.  Your imput is as important as anyone else's is.  Like the others have posted, everyone is going through alot, and sometimes people post in reply too quickly without thinking.  Your opinion with your experience is as helpful as anyone else's.  So, please don't leave us.  You are important!

Come on... now stay aboard.. you are needed!  Hugs, Pattylu

Hi Georgiagrirl. It's hard when this happens and you already feel so sick and sensitive anyway.  :'(

I just wanted to offer you some encouragement.  I took Ativan, Klonopin and Ambien too and had to taper and get off of them. It was very difficult, but I want you to know it can be done and that you will recover fully.  No matter how sick you are, or how sick you get, you will heal completely. Don't let anyone tell you differently.

You're not alone in your journey.

Wishing you all the best!

Cedar

Don't let anyone criticize your post for being off topic.  I'm off topic most of the time and have seen my share of reminders.  I try not to take it personally although I don't always succeed.  I'll admit I can be edgy at times.   

I just remember that we are all struggling and thread integrity should be the least of our concerns.  Even the overzealous thread housekeepers are struggling, so in the end, we are all in the same boat.  (I hope it's not Hitchcock's "Lifeboat"  ;))

"Let Patience have her perfect work..."