Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Please delete my account.

[os...]

Oscar, please don't leave the forum. I know you feel bashed for tapering and Lizzy feels bashed from the opinions of her c/t. You and Lizzy both are a breath of fresh air in this place. You offer a very positive spin on things when people need it most and Lizzy does too. I wish everybody could kiss and makeup. It would be very sad to see you go! I'm really sorry there's a conflict. When I agreed there was a different opinion of c/t folks here, it had nothing to do with you. Its threads I've read that make me feel doomed. I hope there are no hard feelings.

Oscar

Hey man, I hope you stick around. I'm doing a slow taper too and see that I need to slow it down even more. I have always appreciated your perspective.

Oh, Oscar...

Give it a few days. You need us and we need you, my friend.

I hope you don't leave. I haven't seen conflict..haven't been on much. I'm sure it's the same old stuff about method of taper and then things get out of hand. Don't let it get to you, Oscar. Everyone is under a lot of stress and things get said.

Please stay,

:smitten:

Flip

Hey Oscar,

Why delete your account? You can just stop coming here as long as you feel like not coming here. That's what I did. I stayed away for a couple months. I was ticked off and tired of it, and I was going through a tough time in my recovery, so I really had nothing positive or helpful to tell anyone anyway. But eventually, I started coming back. So don't burn any bridges, ok?

There are a lot of people here who would miss you, and would be very disturbed if you just cancelled out.

And like I told you before, I'm a fan.

Evan

Oscar,

If you decide you want me to delete your account you can contact me at the help desk. Once you've done that we have a policy that we wait 48 hours to delete an account in case a member changes their mind. Once you let me know you do indeed wish me to delete your account, I'll do so after the 48 hour waiting period.

I'll wait to hear from you.

Hope

Oscar. Don't let some unhelpful comments deter you from getting the support from those here on forum which may be helpful.  You have much to offer folks here.  You can't let the few bad apples spoil your recovery or the good you can do for others once you are healed.  That being said, I think it can be healthy to limit one's time on forum, maybe to an hour or so a day.  I tried sending this to your inbox, but it is full!

Best,

Vertigo

Oscar!!

Many many nights and bad early mornings I have combed this site for comfort and sanity. I always found it here, and I always found it in your posts. My taper is soooo slow..and my symptoms are still mighty. This is where I turn to for not only validation, but for the comfort I get from reading about folks like me. I wish you would reconsider this decision. Many many people will miss you and your wise words You have a lot to offer us. It's been over a year for me now and I am still very troubled and sick, but it's posts like your's that keep me going on those long nights when I need to read the experience in your's and everyone else's posts.

If you leave, I just want to say thank you Oscar for so much sharing.

Sandy

Hey Oscar,

Why delete your account? You can just stop coming here as long as you feel like not coming here. That's what I did. I stayed away for a couple months. I was ticked off and tired of it, and I was going through a tough time in my recovery, so I really had nothing positive or helpful to tell anyone anyway. But eventually, I started coming back. So don't burn any bridges, ok?

There are a lot of people here who would miss you, and would be very disturbed if you just cancelled out.

And like I told you before, I'm a fan.

I agree with Evan! I haven't been on this forum for very long, so don't know all the ins and outs, but I do know I have enjoyed your comments immensely. Take a break for a while, you don't have to burn the bridge. Best David

Evan

I have decided to keep my account, i do believe i have encouraged others on here and have tried, in my own way, to bring some positive to the forum, i have also received support here when i have not been feeling great and i really appreciate that and i try to give back where i can even if i do not have any answers.

I would however like to say that we all have the same goal here and that is to get well, for the life of me i do not understand why some choose to bash other´s methods of getting off these drugs, everyone is entitled to their opinion yet everyone is also entitled to get off these drugs in the manner that they seem fit for themselves.

I have never felt better yet i do not feel i need to defend myself or slow tapers on here anymore, i would only say that anyone having a problem with that may have reasons which may not be readily offered to the boards here, i cannot think of any other reason for the negativity imposed on others chosen methods but that´s their stuff, not mine.

Oscar

I have decided to keep my account, i do believe i have encouraged others on here and have tried, in my own way, to bring some positive to the forum, i have also received support here when i have not been feeling great and i really appreciate that and i try to give back where i can even if i do not have any answers.

I would however like to say that we all have the same goal here and that is to get well, for the life of me i do not understand why some choose to bash other´s methods of getting off these drugs, everyone is entitled to their opinion yet everyone is also entitled to get off these drugs in the manner that they seem fit for themselves.

I have never felt better yet i do not feel i need to defend myself or slow tapers on here anymore, i would only say that anyone having a problem with that may have reasons which may not be readily offered to the boards here, i cannot think of any other reason for the negativity imposed on others chosen methods but that´s their stuff, not mine.

Oscar

Oscar,

You absolutely shouldn't have to defend your form of tapering. No one should. I intend to crack down on these kinds of arguments. I've seen too many threads go astray. Everyone is entitled to their own tapering choice. Those who choose to become argumentative about this subject, will be warned that their membership is at risk.

To be clear I'm not suggesting that a respectful debate will be looked upon as argumentative. However, it has been my experience of the last few days that rarely have these discussions stayed respectful. More often than not they end up in personal attacks. This will no longer be tolerated.

Oscar, I urge you to report any such posting to the team and let us handle it. Continue your own recovery and do you best to ignore those who might, in any way hinder your progress.

You might also consider employing the ignore feature on the forum.

Hope

Btw, this is how to employ the forum ignore feature:

You go to your Profile >> Buddies/Ignore List (from the Modify Profile menu) >> Edit Ignore List.

Just add the name of the members whose posts you wish to ignore. In place of their post within threads, there will be notice to inform you that they are on your ignore list.

If you find there is a member who tends to push your buttons more than another, using this feature can keep that from being a  stresser during your time here at BB. :thumbsup:

Oscar,

Guess what, there are no experts when it comes to benzo withdrawal. That is why we all rely on each other so much.  What is good for you may not be good for another and so on and so forth. I C/T'd and given the EXACT SAME circumstances I would do it again. Yes I said it......bring on the comments. Now, would I recommend others to do it, well I wouldn't tell anyone what to do honestly. I would offer suggestions and speak of my experiences and that of others I know. So in my experience my cold turkey sucked(by the way I didn't know the risks at the time), but I am ok now, for the most part and I know alot of people who tapered and suffered much longer than I did. We are all different, some stronger, some weaker. Our life stressors are different and some of the people on this forum, including myself have issues above and beyond benzos and they attribute every little "pain" they experience to withdrawal.

My advice, take people's opinions with a grain of salt. Ignore the ones you don't agree with and do the same with mine if you choose, I am strong enough to accept that. Also remember how fragile people are when going through this mess. I was....but then it changes.

Take Care,

-CL

Oscar,

I have read some of what is going on. I did a slow taper. In some respects it is harder because you are taking a med that doesn't make you feel good but then can feel worse as you take little bit by little bit away. For me it was like slowly taking off a bandaid. I am very very glad that I did a slow taper. Unless you have done one you have no way to know what it is like. I don't know that I have good advice for people that do a ct. I would always advise a slow taper because it is what worked so well for me.

I'm glad you have decided to stay. Bottom line, this is the best group of people by far for support. A long time ago I read on here to  try to treat your environment like a hospital. Do what you can to take it easy and avoid drama. It is very hard when you feel so passionate about something. There will be plenty of time for that later. Just do what you can to treat your brain tenderly.

Pam

I am happy you decided to stay, i dont post a lot on here but i have read a lot of your post and in my opinion you are positive to this board. I dont feel it really matters how a person or how long a person takes to get off, as long as they are doing what is right for them.. Keep up the good work.. :)

Oscar,

I may be one of the people you ignore but, I really hope you stay on the forum.  You know alot about tapering and are very helpful in a lot of ways.  You helped me in recognizing my alcohol issues so thank you.  I think everyone on here is going through a hrad time and sometimes what we say isn't what we mean to say....Jess :smitten:

Hi Oscar,

I was floored when I saw your thread.  Thank goodness you chose to stay onboard.  You are a breath of fresh air, with wisdom, talent and humor on BB site.  It would have truly been a loss here without you.  Hugs, Patty

Oscar -

I'm glad you're here........ You've given me a lot of inspiration as I'm not far out from the beginning of my own slow taper.  I had the "luxury" to c/t last year and nearly died.  So, for me, I'm going slow slow slow. I can almost hear my GABA receptors "re-setting" even through all this Tinnitus ;)

Be well-

Liv

Ha ha. You're still here Oscar, and I'm glad! I cannot tell you how many threads like this I've seen through the years. Lizzy posted one many months ago and she didn't leave either.  Everyone gets frustrated and feels like they need to just walk away for awhile.  I was off for a long time, then came back.  And, one day soon I'll leave again.    :)

Anyway, just saying most people go through this at one point or another.