Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Scrabble

[Vr...]

During my benzo recovery I've been playing scrabble at a game site.  I play by myself against the computer player using house rules that allow reusing blanks off the board if you have the matching letter in your rack.  Makes bingos (7 letter plays) easier.

Anyway, as the dose decreased, my scrabble score increased.  At the risk of boasting, I've broken my record of 5 years several times in the last month and twice in as many days.  Last week it was 631, yesterday 671, and tonight a whopping 689 with 6 bingos.  I was making monster plays in a matter of seconds.  I'm afraid the only thing that hasn't increased is my humility  :)

DENYING

UNWORKED

GOUTILY

MOATING

BLASTIER

FORMULA

This is almost a chewing-the-fat theory about benzos but my brain is coming back better than it was before.  I noticed this in the early 90's when I finished a similar taper.  It's like my brain grew some synapses.

I'm in my 6th day at 1mgs of librium per day and I feel pleasantly wired.  It's like my brain is firing on all cylinders.

Vribble

• 1 month later...
[31...]

Congrats and good on you Vribble, I play it on FB and have gone way down from expert level to beginner, so my synapses must be pretty 'confuddled.

In any case it's great news for you.

Staffy

When the people around me can't remember what happened yesterday and I can jump in with the answer to there question, it gives me hope. ( actually it's more than hope because I was sure I had permanent brain damage).

I have Scrabble on my computer and played it daily when I was in the throes of withdrawal.  I started at the lowest (dummy) level and worked my way up playing against the computer.  It was a great distraction and I learned some new words.

Good for you helping your brain recover and grow.