Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

SF BAY AREA.... We all said WOW!

[pa...]

At 10:15 am today (Friday), the space shuttle Endeavour, piggy back on a 747 came.  We knew it would be flying down the Peninsula of SF...  We took our place in the futherest point of our yard, knowing it would be flying South... low and behold, suddenly it came over the hills of our city, traveling southeast, directly over our home... approximately 500 ft above us with a fighter pilot..  Used my IPad to take photos, tripped over a rock and hit the ground.. LOL.. A skinned knee, IPad fine... What a site!!  Just wanted to share. Patty

It is an incredible sight, isn't it, Patty?  One of the piggy back shuttle flights (don't remember which one) buzzed our capitol many years ago on it's way from the Cape (I'm in Florida) and we all ran out to the top of the parking garage to see it.  Didn't have my camera, of course, but my mind still has some great pictures.  ;)

It is an incredible sight, isn't it, Patty?  One of the piggy back shuttle flights (don't remember which one) buzzed our capitol many years ago on it's way from the Cape (I'm in Florida) and we all ran out to the top of the parking garage to see it.  Didn't have my camera, of course, but my mind still has some great pictures.  ;)

Hi Beeper... Yes it truly is an incredible sight.  Glad you had the experience also.  I had goose bumps from head to toe.  Just beautiful!  Really gives alot of pride what our country is capable off when its working right.  Sure wish the space program would still be ongoing.  I have been an avid follower since John Glenn oribited Earth...  Just amazing all of it.

Hope all is well with you Beeper.  Take good care, Patty

Oh Patty,

What an amazing thing to see. I would skin my knee to be able to see it as well.

LOL that made me laugh...  Ron and I howled afterwords... He knows how much I have always been into all Nasa programs... viewing the stars and planets on clear evenings with my telescope...  Then the shuttle coming out it did... Shoot.. this should have been on video by my actions... I was clicking that IPad to take pictures, running around the yard and flew over the rock (a big one)... he howled and I did... but I flipped over on my back just in time to see the backside of the shuttle piggyback... Unfortunately, the sun was full blast that way.. no pic..  LOL  At least my Ipad was fine... the skinned knee... its healing... What a fantastic experience!  What is really funny.. I think I got so excited when I saw the plane coming toward are house.. I began hyperventilating.. as I was shaking head to toe afterwords..  What a kick and a half... a great experience seeing that.  Patty

You're too cute, Patty!  I wish I could've seen it...especially over the Golden Gate Bridge. So cool!

Here's some pics for you since you missed your golden opportunity... http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/slideshow/Endeavour-s-final-bow-was-stunning-49480.php#photo-3491287

P.S. I wish I could've seen you flipping over on your back also!  :2funny:

puffin

Hey my sweet Puffin... THANK YOU... We watched it live on TV from Sacramento to SF, over the GG bridge... then I stood in attention in the backyard (1/2 acre)... Yes, my backside, caught the backside of the shuttle piggyback.. LOL.. What a site.. over our area and house..  Thanks again.  Hugs to you.  Patty

Same plane flew over my town, over A-Mountain (Yes, that's the name of the mountain, not just a mountain) :P

Were you able to see it really good?  Sure hope you did.  Patty

Same plane flew over my town, over A-Mountain (Yes, that's the name of the mountain, not just a mountain) :P

Were you able to see it really good?  Sure hope you did.  Patty

I actually didn't see it at all, but there was a news article showing a picture of it. Apparently it flew over A-mountain as a dedication to former US Rep Gab. Giffords