Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Care packages

[Ho...]

Am I not respecting anyone?? I'm just explaining my thoughts. It makes me mad because this rule prevents good things like this from happening. It seems to me the benefits here would far outweigh the risks. That's all.

I don't think you would feel that way if it were your family who was getting harassing phone calls. Or your address and phone number being posted on the bloggers blog. Or the address of a freind or loved one.

As long as there is no sharing of information, that will not happen. And I agree, it's too bad but it's reality.

Trust this team. There is much going on behind the scenes that you are not aware of.

Holly,

there are people on this board who are very very sick.  They are extremely vulnerable and as a community, we need to protect them.  It's important to have a safe place for them to share.  Anonymity allows us to share openly.  If we cannot share openly, then it's not at beneficial.  There are many other forums for bz wd where you can share personal info if you like.

I like your thread, but we can make it virtual care packages. 

aveda makes a toner that smells so nice that I use it as an air freshener in my massage room

so: aveda toner in a spray bottle

Chamomile citrus tea by might leaf

three free swedish massages    lol

4 hours of free housecleaning service

the movie Morning Glory (i loved that)

cd: Bach Violin Concertos    Ann Sophie Mutter

unscented candle

a coupon for Chocolate therapy icecream by haagen dazs 

Am I not respecting anyone?? I'm just explaining my thoughts. It makes me mad because this rule prevents good things like this from happening. It seems to me the benefits here would far outweigh the risks. That's all.

I don't think you would feel that way if it were your family who was getting harassing phone calls. Or your address and phone number being posted on the bloggers blog. Or the address of a freind or loved one.

As long as there is no sharing of information, that will not happen. And I agree, it's too bad but it's reality.

Trust this team. There is much going on behind the scenes that you are not aware of.

I agree with this .. Im sorry but being in this kind of w/d and feeling so in need to connect to people who are going thru the same experience lowers ones defences. Bad choices can be made all by just needing support.Thinking its all innocent interaction untill the person you thought you knew was actually Not. Thats scary stuff.

I think Holly your idea is innocent and I understand where you feel like were all adults .Thats true. But the Rules are for our protection as Hope stated. We dont have to agree with them but we do have to Abide and Respect them and the Team for all they do to keep it as safe as possible.

I love the virtual care packages.  Let's keep this thread going and enjoy the items

that other BB's would enjoy!  We could actually even use some of the ideas to

make our own care packages come true or share with loved ones who don't

know what to do to help us!!

I would love a foot massage.

a back rub.

my house lit completely with calming candles.

(Sends virtual care package to Holly):  :)

http://mbeans.com/spillingthebeans/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/hotchocolate.jpghttp://abeautytips.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/aroma_therapy.jpghttp://www.obviously-marvelous.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/freeman1.jpg

Hi Holly..  Your suggestion was wonderful. Just, for protection for one and all, unfortunately we cannot do that.  THOUGH, your suggestion is great... we can do it through the comptr (I'm a dummy with comptr, cannot remember the phrase the other bbs said... virtual ???) :laugh: :laugh:  But... its a great idea, a new one.. so let's keep our care packages going..  Of course you comptr savvy people have it over this old broad...  LOL.. Hugs to all. Patty

I love this virtual care package thread.  We can send so much more this way!

Love the housecleaning hours, ditto

Add cooked meals

Errands cheerfully run

A good night's sleep (or a week's worth of good nights)