Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Care packages

[Ho...]

what does anyone think about the possibility of pairing up with those in bad wd and sending each other get well cards or little care packages in support... obviously since privacy is a concern it would be through P.O. box only. Things I know I'd need in a care package might be things to help me relax like maybe hot chocolate, anything to do with aromatherapy, maybe a face mask or anything else girly like that  haha  :smitten: I know this would have helped me more than words could express when I was in bad wd, as I had absolutely no one to support me.

As someone who is (hopefully!) close to recovery, I would love to do this for those who are just starting the journey and having it rough.

I know it will most certainly be shot down because of the whole "security" thing  ::) but might as well throw it out there.

It's a very beautiful thought Holly to think to do this for others that are suffering so badly.  You are a very lovely person to think of it and I'm sure you're right too that the idea will have to be nixed because of privacy issues.  May your future be full of care packages coming your way.

what does anyone think about the possibility of pairing up with those in bad wd and sending each other get well cards or little care packages in support... obviously since privacy is a concern it would be through P.O. box only. Things I know I'd need in a care package might be things to help me relax like maybe hot chocolate, anything to do with aromatherapy, maybe a face mask or anything else girly like that  haha  :smitten: I know this would have helped me more than words could express when I was in bad wd, as I had absolutely no one to support me.

As someone who is (hopefully!) close to recovery, I would love to do this for those who are just starting the journey and having it rough.

I know it will most certainly be shot down because of the whole "security" thing  ::) but might as well throw it out there.

Hi Hollyms

I know your intentions are wellmeaning,but It is against forum rules to share your personal information or to solicit information from members.  We take the security and safety of our members very seriously.  It is not a perfect world and people going through the hardest thing they will ever do need to be protected and cared for.  We do our best to do that here on the forum. Here is an excerpt from the Forum User Manual:

You are not permitted to post your contact details to the BenzoBuddies forum. Nor should you solicit the contact details of other members. Links to Facebook or any other social media which may potentially identify a member will not be allowed.  Likewise, links to blogs engaged in harassment of forum members and/or bringing benzo forums into disrepute are prohibited. If you wish, you may set your profile e-mail address as "viewable" by other members (we do, however, discourage you from doing this). Visitors (non-members) will not be able to view your profile e-mail address, even if set as viewable.

Magrita

The team understands that members get quite close on the forum. We're all going through the same things and there appear to be very few people in our real time lives that understand. That can create a very powerful bond. However due to past abuses of the forum and it's members and the sensitive nature of this forum, keeping our members safe is paramount.

Thank you for understanding and cooperating.  :)

Hope

Maybe we could list items for a virtual care package?

What would you include?

I would include:

- Copy of Benzo Wise

- Epsom salts

- A bible (if that's OK with the person)

- Seinfeld DVD

- lavender aromatherapy oil

- decaf flavored coffee

1. A beautiful bottle of warm sand from a lovely beach

on the ocean so I can sink my toes in to it and imagine

I am there!

2. A little drink umbrella to put in my green tea and

pretend it is a margarita!

If they didn't use their real name (only account name here), and a p.o. box theres no way someone could know any more info, is there? Then again, if their p.o. box address got out, no telling what (you know who) would send to their box.

Could they be made up and sent to one of the BB staff members to be sent on?

The BB team members keep as anonymous as we want our members to be. We're tapering as well or just finished. We're members of the forum but we volunteer to help run it. So, nope...no one can send a BB team member anything. We also don't have access to any member's personal information for the same reasons of privacy.

If they didn't use their real name (only account name here), and a p.o. box theres no way someone could know any more info, is there? Then again, if their p.o. box address got out, no telling what (you know who) would send to their box.

No, this isn't an option either.

It's the thought that counts so let's just leave it here on this thread. These are all lovely thoughts.  :smitten:

magrita, I was not actually asking people to post their information, I was bringing up the idea of care packages.

I am very disappointed it can't be done and definitely think it should be allowed. But... there is nothing I can do to change your minds

magrita, I was not actually asking people to post their information, I was bringing up the idea of care packages.

I am very disappointed it can't be done and definitely think it should be allowed. But... there is nothing I can do to change your minds

This is not about changing anyone's mind, Holly. This is about policy. These policies have been written for very good reason. This forum has been operating for 8 years. All our policies have been brought on out of experience and the desire to keep our members safe.

There is no possible way members can send care packages to other members without sharing personal information. This is prohibited via our PM system (this is why it's been shut down the past) and it's prohibited on the forum. You have no idea who you're in contact with, Holly. There have been a group of individuals who have taken great delight in taking a great deal of time to gain a member's trust, get their personal information and start harassing them and in some cases their families.

I'm afraid you're going to have to trust the BB team that we are doing what is right for the forum and the members.

Hope

I just think we are adults, we should be able to make our own decisions without some random strangers who run a message board holding our hands and telling us what we can and cannot do. Yes we are "vulnerable" right now, but we are independent humans who CAN make our own decisions. Whenever you take away someone's freedom of choice not everyone will be happy about it, and no it is not always for the best.

But this has  been talked about to death, and frankly I'm tired of hearing about it and like I said, I know minds will not be changed. I thought you guys might be lenient since it would still be kept anonymous. But apparently not and that's fine.

These are the rules and policies you agreed to when you registered with this forum Holly. We help many people here. Many seem to appreciate that help and our safety measures. If you can't understand the rules of this forum and why they are in place, please respect the volunteers who help keep it running and their determinations.

Am I not respecting anyone?? I'm just explaining my thoughts. It makes me mad because this rule prevents good things like this from happening. It seems to me the benefits here would far outweigh the risks. That's all.

I understand the intentions and appreciate the intention but do not think that controlling everyone is the answer.. I won't say any more about it from now on.

I'm sorry that this idea couldn't work, I would have loved to do it. Maybe one day