Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Test your titration math skills here

[Fe...]

Word problem:

Billy is titrating off of a .75mg dose of clonazepam. His "Dr." has prescribed him .5mg tabs. In 2 weeks he will be pouring off .25mg of of  clonazepam suspension to obtain the desired dose of .5mg. . To save pills Billy wants to dissolve only .5mg of clonazepam rather than .75 in his daily titration. How much liquid does Billy use to dissolve .5mg clonazepam so he is reducing be the same amount when dissolving .75mgs in 100 mls liquid?

.75 / 100  =  .0075mg per ml

.5mg tab  / .0075mg per ml = 66.6 mls

so .5mg dissolved in 67 mls liquid will give close to .0075 mg per ml.

Can anyone confirm this?

First, Billy might be tapering too fast if he's going to reduce from .75 to .5 in two weeks.  ::)

It would be easier to use two .5 tables and add 100 ml of liquid.

That gives him a ratio of 1:100 or for every one ml of liquid he will have .01 mg of K.

This would give him two doses of .5. Draw up the first dose into a syringe and consume, then the next dose would be a simple drinking of the jar of liquid for a dose of .5.

Reduce the water by whatever amount Billy wants, and reduce the titration amount proportionally.

If you care about having the exact same concentration, then, yes your math is right.

Glad I didn't have to do the tritration for my hubby.. with stress then, and my brain still fried.. it was like reading algrebra..  and I'm in second grade! :D :D :D:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: