Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Do you use a NETI POT??

[pa...]

If you do, make sure you use distilled water, NOT tap water, unless you boil it 3-5 minutes and then cooled.  Bacteria and other microorganisms can live in tap water, the "bugs" might survive in the nasal passages and could cause serious infection.  Just want to give all a heads up on this.  Patty

Thanks.  :thumbsup: I had heard about this. I always use distilled water. I hope everyone does! The neti pot does help I just forget to use it every day!

Connie

I use filtered water for my sinus rinse bottle.  (This bottle is easier to use than a neti pot).  I then microwave it for about 35 seconds to warm the water.  Been doing this for about 10 years and it works wonders.

Thanks for the update, by the way.  I had heard about this before, but it's good to be reminded.

Hey everybody! Hi Pattylu  :thumbsup:

I use that type of rinse too. They have one now too that has baking soda and I don't like it. I like the one you listed, the original one.

Fishinguy-I use the neti pot. I don't know why I could not get used to the bottle type thing you squirt up your nose. How often do you use yours? Once a day? I should probably use my neit pot more. I have bad allergies and sinus issues and can't hardly take any meds for this, I can't tolerate them.

When I was younger(teenager, etc..) I used to go fishing(and camping,etc..) all the time but when I got married my husband does not like to do stuff like that. I even used to help my step dad catch night crawlers we would put in coffee cans. And he would set traps in water in places to catch stuff to fish with. He used to try all kinds of stuff to catch fish. Even shredded wheat mixed with something. Been a long time since I did any of this. Forgot so much!

Now I guess I am a city girl lol. Well I live in city limits but in a very small rural town. A lot of ppl call ppl rednecks here lol. They have all kinds of stuff I don't do here like white water rafting, etc...Well I forgot how to swim I am sure. My health keeps me from doing other stuff I like to do.

Lots of woods here, I used to just like to go walking. We even used to go 4 wheeling,etc...

Oh I better get busy.

Take care everyone.

Connie

I have a neti pot and while I know how to use it, inevitably I drown myself each time.  So I've given this up for lent  ;)

Me too. I even resorted to using it in the shower. Now I use a baby bulb syringe.

I have a neti pot and while I know how to use it, inevitably I drown myself each time.  So I've given this up for lent  ;)

Me too. I even resorted to using it in the shower. Now I use a baby bulb syringe.

Does it work well for you?  Doesn't that shoot straight back?

It works for me, I have to tilt my head back a little and squeeze gently.  My doctor said to be effecive it has to run down the back of your throat.  Otherwise you are only reaching the front on the sinuses. The worst part is that I drip, drip, drip for about an hour afterwards.

It works for me, I have to tilt my head back a little and squeeze gently.  My doctor said to be effecive it has to run down the back of your throat.  Otherwise you are only reaching the front on the sinuses. The worst part is that I drip, drip, drip for about an hour afterwards.

That can't be hugely comfortable I would imagine.  But as long as the end result is good then it is probably worth it.  I might just have to give it a try.  Thanks for the suggestion!

That can't be hugely comfortable I would imagine.  But as long as the end result is good then it is probably worth it.  I might just have to give it a try.  Thanks for the suggestion!

:thumbsup:

Hey everybody! Hi Pattylu  :thumbsup:

I use that type of rinse too. They have one now too that has baking soda and I don't like it. I like the one you listed, the original one.

Fishinguy-I use the neti pot. I don't know why I could not get used to the bottle type thing you squirt up your nose. How often do you use yours? Once a day? I should probably use my neit pot more. I have bad allergies and sinus issues and can't hardly take any meds for this, I can't tolerate them.

When I was younger(teenager, etc..) I used to go fishing(and camping,etc..) all the time but when I got married my husband does not like to do stuff like that. I even used to help my step dad catch night crawlers we would put in coffee cans. And he would set traps in water in places to catch stuff to fish with. He used to try all kinds of stuff to catch fish. Even shredded wheat mixed with something. Been a long time since I did any of this. Forgot so much!

Now I guess I am a city girl lol. Well I live in city limits but in a very small rural town. A lot of ppl call ppl rednecks here lol. They have all kinds of stuff I don't do here like white water rafting, etc...Well I forgot how to swim I am sure. My health keeps me from doing other stuff I like to do.

Lots of woods here, I used to just like to go walking. We even used to go 4 wheeling,etc...

Oh I better get busy.

Take care everyone.

Connie

Hi Connie.  I use my Sinus Rinse bottle once daily (with the Sinus Rinse packets they supply).  I have used it twice daily during allergy season, but once daily seems to suffice for me.  I really like it.

By the way, I've never fished with shredded wheat, but I'm sure something would bite it.

Regards ...

If you do, make sure you use distilled water, NOT tap water, unless you boil it 3-5 minutes and then cooled.  Bacteria and other microorganisms can live in tap water, the "bugs" might survive in the nasal passages and could cause serious infection.  Just want to give all a heads up on this.  Patty

Thanks PattyLu...I used a netti with TAP WATER all last spring when I had horrible nasal congestion.  I am sooo lucky I didn't get a brain infection as I found out we had wisteria in our water!  I should have been boiling it to drink, let alone using it to drain my sinuses! :-[

Thanks!

Donna

Hi

I have usd a sinus rinse bottle that comes w salt packets. I started to use a canned salt spray . I do like it very muvh. It keeps my sinuses clear and it is very clean. I will post the name soon.