Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The poo thread.

[os...]

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [os...]

• [da...]

• [to...]

• [Fe...]

Talking poop is not gross, ::) the Dr's actually had a show on it one day with colored pictures of what normal poop should look like, ;D everyone needs to be educated on their own  poop.and not be embarrassed to talk about normal bodily functions.

I had a totally white poop early on in my taper, only one, and it totally shocked me.Guess the gaba gut receptors were briefly affected. I have found that now I am off benzos no one else had better beat me into the bathroom first thing in the morning, seems its the only time I have very little control. when you gotta go you gotta go :sick:

[ae...]

Well some probiotics might help.....and cutting down on the sugar like you said is good too.

But on a lighter note? my first job in the lab was on the "poop deck". I got to put poop in a blender and add stuff and mix it up and then look at it under the microscope for parasites and ova........

I know all the places in the world I dont want to travel to and said many a time "thank goodness that thing is not growing inside of me"

That's the scoop on the poop  ::)

I have found that now I am off benzos no one else had better beat me into the bathroom first thing in the morning, seems its the only time I have very little control. when you gotta go you gotta go :sick:

Ditto for me  - every morning and no let up for months. The benzos were very good for my bowel but now they are history like my GI tract.

The more educated we are the better I think is the case.  The medical profession use a standard chart for determining the state of a patients solid waste and it is sometimes useful to communicate by numbers instead of being too descriptive.  Nothing about color though.

[nobbc]http://www.oxypowder.com/bristol-stool-scale.html [/nobbc]

edit: commercial link

I have found that now I am off benzos no one else had better beat me into the bathroom first thing in the morning, seems its the only time I have very little control. when you gotta go you gotta go :sick:

Ditto for me  - every morning and no let up for months. The benzos were very good for my bowel but now they are history like my GI tract.

The more educated we are the better I think is the case.  The medical profession use a standard chart for determining the state of a patients solid waste and it is sometimes useful to communicate by numbers instead of being too descriptive.  Nothing about color though.

[nobbc]http://www.oxypowder.com/bristol-stool-scale.html [/nobbc]

Have you seen a Doctor?

I will start a probiotic now i think... i do not think it will change much and it is one thing about my taper that is starting to concern me, no pain and only once a day but i have lost some weight, i do not want to end up sick getting off this damn drug... it´s just crazy really.

I eat so healthy now too.

:(

Oscar

All right. Fine. If we're just going to cut loose and lay it out there, every morning since I quit clonazepam - every morning - I have a large, firm, and I must say quite attractive bowel movement - and I do not skimp on quantity either. Every morning, without fail. And then usually about, oh, I'd say a half-hour after that, I'll get out of bed. Not quite back to normal, I admit. But it could be worse. It could be orange.

A probiotic has helped me. Poo stopped being as loose and I was worried about weight too. I get the refridgerated probiotic. It helps calm anxiety too for a bit and I didn't expect that.

Have you seen a Doctor?

Yeah seen the doctor for every investigation possible but nothing so it's benzos for sure. Probiotics gave me a fungal infection believe it or not.

Can we really get a yeast infection from probiotics?

Gave you a fungal infection?? I take it because I'm worried about Candida. Is it impossible to fight this stuff?

The infection went away quite well with nystatin which is a treatment for candida albicans. It's also available as a cream. Very effective and no side effects for me.

Laughing so hard I am crying here!

Can we really get a yeast infection from probiotics?

My doctor assumed (correctly) so as a live culture can carry a risk. He cured me but of course that was me and probiotics may well suit anybody else.

Pattylu  :smitten:

Thank you... i actually needed to laugh tonight...

Oscar

Yes, we all need this... and by golly... you started it... THANK GOD! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh::smitten:  Patty

I think we need some pics of this stuff, Oscar -

if possible, in front of the Eiffel Tower or the Taj Mahal.

Oh... RD... know this is making me howl with laughter.  Ditto, I agree with you LOL LOL.. as Oscar is the photographer!!!  OMG.. I'm laughing so hard, my abs - the weak ones are aching!  lol lol

Well some probiotics might help.....and cutting down on the sugar like you said is good too.

But on a lighter note? my first job in the lab was on the "poop deck". I got to put poop in a blender and add stuff and mix it up and then look at it under the microscope for parasites and ova........

I know all the places in the world I dont want to travel to and said many a time "thank goodness that thing is not growing inside of me"

That's the scoop on the poop  ::)

Oh Mandala... thank for sharing that!!  LOL LOL..  That was just perfect to tell us about that!!  LOL..  Hope.. we're all ok.. just taking something serious to having fun.. We'll all be respectful and do the right thing during this sh**ty time!!  Love ya.. Pattylu

im so glad to see a thread on this! today at the worst time when I was eating Chinese Food at a local restaurant-- Sh***y Sh***y Bang Bang decided to return! OMG! I rushed to the restroom ..thank God there werent that many people there and well I made an entire mess! i was so embrassed and still had to drive in Traffic to make it to the toilet at my house! I soiled my underwear! one moment Benzorrhea and the next everyting is normal! sooo boggling!

Edit: profanity edited

I have to chime in here as I had a horrendous battle with Candida for the good part of a year.  I tried everything I knew of at the time---very strict no sugar, no wheat, no dairy, no caffeine diet, rxs from the doc, herbs, garlic, apple cider vinegar, sauerkraut, loads of probiotics......it wasn't until I had a series of colon hydrotherapy treatments, in addition to all of the other stuff listed above, that it cleared up for me.  I had never had them before and I wouldn't say they are fun :), but I have to say I'm a convert.  Of course it is hard to know what treatment played the biggest part in my healing but something worked.  I still avoid sugar and have mostly stuck with the no gluten but I have much more freedom now in my food choices and no more benzo belly :).

Karen

My poo, my poo

what should I do?

Sometimes it's green, or red, or blue

I dare not peek inside the loo...

My poo, my poo'

what should I do?

My poo, my poo

what should I do?

Sometimes it's green, or red, or blue

I dare not peek inside the loo...

My poo, my poo'