Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Lets have a vote Obama or Romney?

[ho...]

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ne...]

• [Wi...]

• [ho...]

• [...]

We have early voting in my state and now the calls are rolling in to see how I voted.  I guess early voting must be public record.  Ugh.

I can't believe this crap is still going on. I made a complaint about it right from the start and was informed that as long as 'political discussion' wasn't happening, it was OK.

Well, in my book, saying for whom you are voting is a pretty strong political statement - the biggest one. And there have certainly been opinions aired and unsubstantiated, political claims eg

Obama WILL win because he was hand picked by the international bankers that run the world.  everybody needs to wtfu and realize ww 3 has already started. rstud 

Not only does this quote illustrate my point but it also includes an obscene acronym. Do we not all know that 'wtfu' means 'Wake the f*** up' ? Why is this allowed? Someone needs to get up to speed on these. It's pretty simple. Urban Dictionary. Personally I couldn't care less but these words would offend some and that is why they are not supposed to be used.

There is a good reason why forums such as this do not allow religion or politics to be discussed. Once someone's beliefs in these areas are aired, they are immediately put in a box and their ideas and thoughts are very well understood to come from a certain perspective. I have been surprised by a few people's preferences and it has changed my opinion of them. I did not wish my view of them to have been warped by this. But it has been.

I'm not really opposed to all the comments. I use certain of those type of comments (I'll not say which ones) to filter out the members to not pay attention to.

I use certain of those type of comments (I'll not say which ones) to filter out the members to not pay attention to.

Exactly, Bart! It's a good way to do some sifting!

Why so judgmental?  Why can't people own up to what they want without people deciding their character. 

I'm glad we have the first amendment in the US. 

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it. Voltaire

Why so judgmental?  Why can't people own up to what they want without people deciding their character. 

I'm glad we have the first amendment in the US. 

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it. Voltaire

True for society. Not appropriate for a forum which has many rules and regulations for its membership. There are strict guidelines for topics, content and type of language used. If rules are not going to be upheld, they should be deleted.