Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I was endangered by telling a friend about w/d

[An...]

Hi,

When I asked earlier about needing a friend to p/m me I was not kidding!

I told a longtime out of town friend of mine that I was in w/d and was really ill and this was about tow or three weeks ago.  I felt I had come so far and was better and was feeling lonely so I made the call and told her everything even the I felt like ending it story...

SHE SAID I AM ON MY WAY AND YOU WILLLL GET LOCKED UP!

I am not kidding!  She lives in Chicago and was threatening me with showing up here and getting with my family to save me from myself!

She has always been the kind of friend that will drop everything and show up when there is a death ect...but dang she was not kidding around.

I found something strange about her as she gets older ( she is alone) no kids, husband, boyfriend ect.. and someone where she works invited her to her wedding, this girl was young and was just starting out in life and I am sure needed some gifts to get started like so many young brides do. You guessed it she showed up in Las Vegas at this girls wedding! So I really know for a fact that she was trying to come here and run my life!  So believe me when I tell you that you must be careful who you tell this horrid information to.  knew I wasn't going anywhere, but I sure didn't need her dropping everything and take care of this situation.  All in the name of helping me. :idiot: :idiot: :idiot: :idiot: :-\ :-\ :-\

Annie

• 2 years later...
[ed...]
Your friend sounds a little half baked.  She can't have you thrown into a psyche ward because you told her that at one point you were suicidal.

[e6...]

Yeah definitely be careful- I have however, had an amazing amount of support from the people I have hosen to share it with. The ones who throw shade, or exit out of your life, shouldn't be there in the first place-sometimes it takes experiences like these, to show us what and who really matters.

Sounds to me like she's the kind of person who'd do or say anything to folks in authority to get her way.

And yet I'm envious.

Because my being the black sheep of the family, I could be on fire and not one of them would take the time to urinate on me.