Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

What do you plan to do today? or What did you do today?

[tr...]

I thought I would start this thread to get us thinking about something other than our symptoms and waiting for the healing to take place.  Someone said it's like watching paint dry but I think it's more boring than that!

So often we go through the day without a thought of what we are going to do and the day just passes us by, and sometimes we wonder "What in the world did I do today?"  so post what's going on in your life, nothing is to small!

I'll start.

Today the weather is gloomy and it looks like rain so I'm going to the mall and return some things that I bought during the "Biggest One Day Sale of the Year"  :laugh: and return them.  I had to think about them, just couldn't make up my mind, so I bought them so I wouldn't lose the deal.  And yes, it was a deal.  ;D

I have to brave the cold and snow to do the grocery shopping I didn't do yesterday!  

Woke to 4 degrees F and snow...YUCK< YUCK and YUCK    

Nothing going on here, very boring.....running the dishwasher right now. Might do some vacuuming. Did laundry yesterday so caught up on that. Hubby out of town till late tomorrow night, so no dinner plans for me and son. Have to start thinking about getting everything packed for our road trip to Ohio.  :sick:

I have to brave the cold and snow to do the grocery shopping I didn't do yesterday!  

Woke to 4 degrees F and snow...YUCK< YUCK and YUCK    

Oh Man!!!  You do have a job ahead of you and that's just getting to the store!  I love snow but not for long periods of time and I don't like to drive in it.  The last time I did I ended up in a ditch.....black ice.  :(

Nothing going on here, very boring.....running the dishwasher right now. Might do some vacuuming. Did laundry yesterday so caught up on that. Hubby out of town till late tomorrow night, so no dinner plans for me and son. Have to start thinking about getting everything packed for our road trip to Ohio.  :sick:

T, I know you don't like shopping but if you come down  ;D we'll go to lunch.  I will take you to this little restaurant on Anna Maria Island and show you our beautiful beaches, even if it's raining they are still beautiful.  This restaurant is at the end of a long pier where people can fish off it and boats can pull up and have lunch.  But the best part is the dolphin, stingray, and lots of other wildlife, that swim around it all the time, I love to watch them play in the water.  The manatee come around pretty often (when the water is warm) so that's quite the site, too.

It would be a lot of fun and the food is really good!  :smitten:

Now I want to go to the beach instead of the mall!

T, I know you don't like shopping but if you come down  ;D we'll go to lunch.  I will take you to this little restaurant on Anna Maria Island and show you our beautiful beaches, even if it's raining they are still beautiful.   This restaurant is at the end of a long pier where people can fish off it and boats can pull up and have lunch.  But the best part is the dolphin, stingray, and lots of other wildlife, that swim around it all the time, I love to watch them play in the water.  The manatee come around pretty often (when the water is warm) so that's quite the site, too.

Sounds divine!! I'll pack for a southern trip instead!! :laugh: I'd take the beach over the mall, too!!  :laugh:

T, I know you don't like shopping but if you come down  ;D we'll go to lunch.  I will take you to this little restaurant on Anna Maria Island and show you our beautiful beaches, even if it's raining they are still beautiful.   This restaurant is at the end of a long pier where people can fish off it and boats can pull up and have lunch.  But the best part is the dolphin, stingray, and lots of other wildlife, that swim around it all the time, I love to watch them play in the water.  The manatee come around pretty often (when the water is warm) so that's quite the site, too.

I love Anna Marie Island!  Went there for a business retreat once and it was so relaxing.  8)

T., you are driving to Michigan?  :o  I drove the other direction by myself many years ago and it was a lonnnng haul. At least you can carry lots of gifts and get around while you're there without depending on others.

T., you are driving to Michigan?    I drove the other direction by myself many years ago and it was a lonnnng haul. At least you can carry lots of gifts and get around while you're there without depending on others.

It will be the non-stop express with pup in tow from OK to OH. It will take 12 hours, (13 with time change). We are now leaving on the 22nd and coming back here Jan 2. Always have to drive cuz of the pup, she loves sniffing at all the rest areas!! :laugh:

T., you are driving to Michigan?    I drove the other direction by myself many years ago and it was a lonnnng haul. At least you can carry lots of gifts and get around while you're there without depending on others.

It will be the non-stop express with pup in tow from OK to OH. It will take 12 hours, (13 with time change). We are now leaving on the 22nd and coming back here Jan 2. Always have to drive cuz of the pup, she loves sniffing at all the rest areas!! :laugh:

A couple of times early in our "relationshiip", I had to leave Jake behind with friends or a (shudder) kennel.  He seemed fine with it - we called it "doggy camp" - but I was a wreck.  In later years, he made the 800mi trips to and from the folks' house bearable.  I loved having an excuse to stretch my legs every 3-4 hours. 

As for what I'm doing today (Friday), the plan is to get up early and hit the Sam's Club store hard. I hate going there but for what I need, it's the best place to shop.  Then I plan on making some Christmas cards.  I only send a few and like to make them when I can.  It only hit me earlier today that Christmas is just 2 weeks away.  How does it keep sneaking up on me every year?  :o

I've been working on the Christmas tree and trying to keep it all together in my mind what I need to do.  A sane person would just write it down and work from the list but no....I have to torture myself  :idiot:

I skipped a party tonight and I'm home alone watching these sappy movies on TV.  I really want to see something funny but nothings on.  :-\  I need to visit youtube.  This song is so funny.  :laugh:

I've been working on the Christmas tree and trying to keep it all together in my mind what I need to do.   A sane person would just write it down and work from the list but no....I have to torture myself  :idiot:

I skipped a party tonight and I'm home alone watching these sappy movies on TV.   I really want to see something funny but nothings on.   :-\  I need to visit youtube.  This song is so funny.  :laugh:

Ditto on the sappy movies!!  :laugh:

• 2 months later...

I planned to do something constructive like pay bills or gather tax stuff.

So far none of that has happened and I've done alot of babbling here in the forum!    :crazy:

I'm have to go to the store to pick up 1 ingredient for a recipe that I forgot and I'm not happy about it!  >:(  :laugh:

I'm afraid at my house that recipe either wouldn't get cooked, or would be missing an ingredient!!  :laugh:

I'm have to go to the store to pick up 1 ingredient for a recipe that I forgot and I'm not happy about it!  >:(  :laugh:

I'm afraid at my house that recipe either wouldn't get cooked, or would be missing an ingredient!!   :laugh:

On a regular day that's the way it would here, too, but I have company coming that I haven't seen in years so I have to get out and do it....They would never get the benzo wd situation.... so I won't even try.  :(

I'm afraid at my house that recipe either wouldn't get cooked, or would be missing an ingredient!!   :laugh:

On a regular day that's the way it would here, too, but I have company coming that I haven't seen in years so I have to get out and do it....They would never get the benzo wd situation.... so I won't even try.  :(

Oh how sad  :(    I know exactly what you mean because last weekend I had company all weekend and felt horrible.  Thank the good Lord my friends and family are trying to understand!  I was the ONLY ONE who did not want to leave the house to go out to eat.  On top of feeling like  :sick:  I felt bad for letting everyone down. 

Not bad enough to go though!!    :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Back to the point...  I really do sympathize with your situation.  I'm so glad my friends especially, understood.  There were 9 people here altogether Friday night and guess who the wet rag was??  It does help so much when someone understands.  My g/f and I sat and clowned around and laughed, and she didn't mind a bit that I wanted to stay home and chill out instead of going somewhere.  She is even the one that clued her husband in that I wasn't feeling good, and he is the one who up and said "I'd really prefer to sit around and pick something up.. what about ya'll?"  I was like..... YESSSSSS!!!

Sending good wishes your way to have an open window to enjoy your company!    :mybuddy:

Phyllis  :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...

I see this is an old thread but thought i could add something fun now that spring is here!

I discovered my garden is full of birds and esp my pair of Blue Birds from last summer. They are looking to start a nest. Going from box to box checking them all out!

It surely made me think of the beauty of natue and the simply things of life today.

took my mind off myself for sure and I am looking forward to the garden again this year/

Last year was my first ever Blue  Birds. Always envied anyone having one and then last summer of 08 a beautiful thing happened. Blue Birds nested and had two broads of babies that fledgged to the trees (9 in all). A beautiful tree Swallow couple nesting and babies there tooo. A Carolina Wren and her babies were fun to watch and their mighty voices was really something. Quite a summer, still trying to scrapbook my Summer of 2008.

Best of all thru my interest I have added three families to the neighborhood tht never fed a bird or had a feeder and now we are all meeting in the eveninging to see the Birdies.

after giving each a bird feeder starter they have all outdone me in feeder boxes and bird houses.

It is a regular Birds and Blooms here.

Looking forward to Summer 2009

Oh I forgot the Hummingbirds tht my neighbor has taken a fancy too. Boy we love our yards now.

Looking for more bird stories

Pennyblue :yippee:

I mopped my floor!     :yippee:

I found dust bunnies big enough to pay rent!     :D

I have some of those bunnies living at my house, too!  :laugh: 

I spent 3 1/2 hours in the ER with my daughter  :crazy:  I had to make sure they weren't giving her any benzos or other  :nono:

I mopped my floor!     :yippee:

I found dust bunnies big enough to pay rent!     :D

I have some of those bunnies living at my house, too!  :laugh: 

I spent 3 1/2 hours in the ER with my daughter   :crazy:   I had to make sure they weren't giving her any benzos or other  :nono:

Is she ok??  What is wrong with her?    :( 

I sure hope it's nothing serious!    :hug:

She was in a car wreck last week, a guy hit her (she always wants people to know it wasn't her fault  ;D) and we found out yesterday that she has a concussion.  Other pain was over riding her head pain so it got ignored until yesterday.  :tickedoff:

Along with her car being totaled and running to drs. it's been pretty stressful.  :crazy:

But, hopefully, it will get better today.  :)

Thanks for asking.  :smitten:

Hey I know I'm a little late, I see this topic was discussed back in December, but would you ladies consider letting me tag along?  I don't see many beaches from my land locked state.  I just love critter watching and if you combine that with food, I'm there! (if it's okay with you)

Pam :smitten: