Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

It is 93 degrees F. in my house which is too hot for me!

[mp...]

All of a sudden I started to feel faint even though I am sitting down and have been drinking water and am not dehydrated. Then I looked at an indoor thermometer, 93 degrees Farenheit!

Yuck, I really don't handle heat in the best of times. I feel just awful and I have to get dressed to go out. I have terrible inertia due to the heat, but I don't want to dissappoint Mom. She just phoned and admitted to me that it actually is too hot for her too right now, and she practically lives right on the Ocean!!

Just ranting some I guess, thank you for the space to do it.

M.  :D

[04...]

Dear M:

That is bloody hot alright. When it's hot like that most people will feel the way you do. I absolutely do. I'm sorry you don't have air conditioning. Our weather where I live has changed the past few years and we have had hot weather with high humidity...so stifling! Awful...awful...awful!!! Past few days we finally got relief...thankfully.

I have air conditioning (not central air) and I also have five fans pointed slightly upwards. In the morning, I shut my shades/blinds so that the blaring sun doesn't heat up our place.

Can you get out to an air conditioned place...a coffee shop for a bit? That can help. Sorry that you have to deal with this.

Love :smitten:

Danni

Hi Danni,

I have several ceiling fans going, the blinds are all shut until sundown. I move my wonderful fan where ever I am sitting, but it's a really nice all metal standing fan and is quite heavy. Last year at this time I couldn't even lift it!  :D

I did go out last night. Saw the new Bourne film (hated it) and had a lovely gourmet turkey with carmelized onion sandwich for dinner. Everybody was talking about how they didn't ever remember Santa Monica being so hot! Yuck!! I swear, it felt clammy even in the movie theater where I usually have to wear a heavy sweater. I really want to get to a store today to pick up a few things, after all, I'm making the big bucks now.  :laugh: Actually, I need to pick up a little portable fan for the office I'm working in. Although the building is air conditioned, with the temp so high, it stills leaves everyone hot, sweaty and frizzy. Not a good look for me!!  :-[

It is so humid here too. LA was never humid, at least I don't remember it that way, and I've lived here a long time. To those who say that global warning is just a myth, well, I'd like them to explain the scorching Earth that we've all felt this year. It's pretty odd that Minnesota has been hotter than LA in the last year. During the summer AND the winter! Very odd.

Thanks for replying to my whiny little thread Danni, you are a hot good friend!  :laug

Love,

M.  :smitten:

When I read your post-I thought, "she must live in So Cal". Then I kept reading and saw Santa Monica-lol! Yep, I live in so cal too and it's been over 100 all week!!!  I am a little bit inland though crazy that it so warm coastal too-usually it's so much cooler by the beach. 

Hugs,

Tina

I know Tina!!! It's actually my mother who lives in Santa Monica, just a couple of blocks from the beach, and I couldn't believe how stifling how it was there! I have to say though, it wasn't 100, you poor thing! I have always hated hot, sticky weather.

I hope you have some nice a/c and are keeping cool. I think we're supposed to go back to normal by the end of the week, here's hoping!!

M.  ;D

I feel sorry for anyone that has to endure that temperature.

When it is over 80 here in the house i just melt.

M. It doesnt sound like you have heat stroke yet but be careful.

it can progress pretty fast.

i had it once. I didnt recognize the signs and became very ill.

We were inThailand for a holiday.

Dont forget about a cool bath, especially for your head.

Replace your elektrolytes also.

Love Carol