Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Fairweather friends

[ju...]

Hi I am new here. I have been abandoned by a number of friends during much of this and also a little emotional abused, I believe by one friend in particular. She is a self proclaimed crisis queen and at this point I believe she has lied to me about some major things. I sort of new she lied about little things or I guess she had forgotten or misspoken. I also feel crazy right now so I'm feel somehow I could be wrong. She claims she has cancer and after finding out so many other things were just out right lies I don't believe her. I think she may really have some serious problems or an identity crisis. I am sick about this and almost think I should call her daughter (who she lies about too) and let her know what her mother is doing. At least I should find out about the cancer. She has worked so many people over with her stories and false drama it's unbelievable. I am beside myself right now.

That sounds a bit more extreme then fair-weather.

It's possible she's ill.

I would just move away. You can't change or control anyone.

Just move away from this person.

Nothing you do can change anything.

She's not a family member so you are able to make that choice.

Thanks for the reply Goto.

Maybe trying to contact her daughter is extreme but the possibility that she is lying about so much of it I think indicates some kind of mental illness and someone should know. I also kinda fear the fallout of not being her friend and or confronting her since she has a very vindictive friend that she can sick on people. I know I sound paranoid. I feel very paranoid and I read that's part of withdrawal however she has really hurt me by betraying me like this. I'm seriously in shock right now.

Jules