Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

calorie counting/food journal web sites

[sw...]

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a calorie counting/food journal web site?  I looked and there seemed to be a number of them, but they all want you to register before without explaining what kind of information and interface they provide.

What I'm looking for is a place that will let me keep a food diary, and will help me to figure out the calories, fat, carbs, and other nutritional value of foods.  What would also be ideal, but not necessary, is something that would allow me to set up certain foods that I eat regularly at home so that I could just type in the dish and not have to type in all of the ingrediants each time, though that is more of a convinence than a priority.  I would also like it if it had a weight and exercise tracking feature, but again, that's more of a convinence than a priority, too.

I've got two factors going against my weight in withdrawal.  One is that it is hard to exercise during a long chronic illness, and the other is that I was originally RX'ed benzos because of a thyroid problem that was originally keeping me skinny as a rake but has since been treated so I actually weigh more, now, than I ever have before.  Some of that is actually a good thing, but I have since surpassed the point where I swore I'd start making some changes if I hit that weight, so now's the time.

Thanks!

:)

Thanks.  Does it have a food journal feature that helps you to keep track of what you are eating?  I don't see one, but that doesn't mean anything.

I don't think it does, but I used to keep track of what I ate (and any supplements I took, etc.) using an Excel spreadsheet.

Sincerely,

fg

• 3 weeks later...
[21...]
I had a major success with this approach, and I tried most of the site. The best one, IMO, is myfooddiary.com which will cost you 9/month, but it's worth it. They have a frree trial, and I really recommend it.