Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

goodbye

[Ea...]

Skyy,

We have tried to contact you via your email address on file. Both attempts resulted in the email being bounced back. We asked mbvv for a working email address so we could contact you but none was forth coming. Your membership has been suspended pending a discussion Colin wanted to have with you.

Colin will be along some time tomorrow here on this thread on the help desk.

I fail to understand why you tried to gain entry to this forum covertly via this account. Do you have an explanation? This was done purposefully and with the intention of sneaking onto the forum. This is expressly against the rules. You must know that or you would have let us know you were going to try to get back on the forum with another account, before your suspension was over.

Btw, clearly you've read the thread mbvv started about you. She brought it to the main forum. We merely commented on her accusations of the team. You must know that if you read the thread. Had mbvv not brought it up on the forum, there wouldn't have been a word written about this.

The reason I didn't ask you to stop sending the image and indeed, commented on the one you sent me, was because I had no idea you were spamming the forum until it was pointed out to me by pianogirl. I don't have my eyes on every aspect of the forum Skyy. I was dealing with other things at the time. When it was pointed out to me, I dealt with it as quickly as possible.

I'm not going to go into this further with you Skyy. You will have an opportunity to discuss this with Colin should you choose to. Or if you prefer, he can email you at an email address of your choosing.

Should we not hear from you, the suspension stands.

Hope

PS. I've changed the privacy level from "Administrator" to "moderator". I've been keeping the entire team abreast of what's going on. They need to know so that they can moderate in an effective way.

Please post this to  Skyy's the Limit.  I knew you would ban me permanently and I would have no way to say good bye to my many friends.  That is not fair.  Have the decency to leave this on my blog...  I will no longer be involved with this forum in any way.  You have my word.  Thank you for being supportive. 

skyy 

I apologize to any person that I offended by sending the “Have a Nice Weekend” gif.  I had absolutely no intention of spamming the forum.....If you think you know the whole story, you don’t.

In the last 2 months, I have had a horrible increase in withdrawal symptoms, found out

I had a metastatic insulinoma of the pancreas and liver,  had surgical removal of the tumors and 2 weeks ago my family faced having homes burned down in the city of

Colorado Springs.  Now, I am not using this as an excuse, but it certainly has been one of the more difficult periods of my life.....

My motivation for sending that post was to say, hello and thank you, to those of you that have sent me prayers, kind thoughts and support.  Very many of you did and it meant the world to me.......  even forum members I had never spoken with.  I was having angst over how to let you know I appreciated your kindness....I didn’t know HOW to say thank you, to so many.....

In my mind I thought “ I will send this” .....I in NO way was focused on spamming or disrupting this forum.

I guessed wrong and I apologize if I caused any of you stress.  That was never, ever, my intention.  I have been here since August of 2010 and many of you know me from way back.

What confuses me, I did the very same thing about a month and a half ago with the picture of a puppy.  I NEVER, received a reprimand, was never told not to do it nor was I accused of spamming the forum.

I am wondering why didn’t you just ask me to stop sending this picture?  You were on the forum then and commented on the picture I posted to you immediately!

Of course I would have stopped.  Instead, you instantly banned me and accused me of “spamming” .  Then, you have continued to humiliate me on the forum.......Being banned, I had no way of defending myself against your accusations.

You wish everyone to believe that I was destructively spamming this forum and this is absolutely not true.

I have appreciated BB over the last 2 years and have loved the friendships and

support.  I have never had a moderation issue here until the last few months.

I thank those of you who were kind to me.  You saved my life.  I hope I was of help to some of you along the way.  You will always have a place in my heart.

Sky

Please post this to  Skyy's the Limit.  I knew you would ban me permanently and I would have no way to say good bye to my many friends.  That is not fair.  Have the decency to leave this on my blog...  I will no longer be involved with this forum in any way.  You have my word.  Thank you for being supportive. 

skyy

Hello Skyy,

You were not banned permanently. I do not intend to post your message to the forum.

I apologize to any person that I offended by sending the “Have a Nice Weekend” gif.  I had absolutely no intention of spamming the forum.....If you think you know the whole story, you don’t.

Look, Skyy, you sent that image to anyone and everyone (76 times, I believe), over a period of just 20 minutes. Hours before this, you posted a fake 'edit' notice - you were already engaging in childish games and had just been reprimanded for other behavior. Please do not attempt to excuse your behavior as anything but an attempt to disrupt the forum.

In the last 2 months, I have had a horrible increase in withdrawal symptoms, found out I had a metastatic insulinoma of the pancreas and liver,  had surgical removal of the tumors and 2 weeks ago my family faced having homes burned down in the city of Colorado Springs.  Now, I am not using this as an excuse, but it certainly has been one of the more difficult periods of my life.....

I sympathise. But, every member of this forum struggles - we cannot allow members a free pass because of their own personal difficulties - the forum would not survive. Nor will we get into a situation where we allow some members to get away with things because we somehow justify their disruptive behavior as somehow more acceptable. This would not sit well with those whose behavior was not deemed 'justifiable'.

My motivation for sending that post was to say, hello and thank you, to those of you that have sent me prayers, kind thoughts and support.  Very many of you did and it meant the world to me.......  even forum members I had never spoken with.  I was having angst over how to let you know I appreciated your kindness....I didn’t know HOW to say thank you, to so many.....

In my mind I thought “ I will send this” .....I in NO way was focused on spamming or disrupting this forum.

Skyy, part of the problem is your games. Why don't just admit to what you have been doing? You were reprimanded for your behaviour in the thread started by BOL. You might like to consider that no moderation action was taken against BOL! You had your ability to edit removed, and you went on to post a fake 'edit' notice (some kind of silly attempt as an 'in your face' response, no doubt). This, we ignored. You then upped the ante by posting spam to the forum (please, do not attempt to deny your intent).

I guessed wrong and I apologize if I caused any of you stress.  That was never, ever, my intention.  I have been here since August of 2010 and many of you know me from way back.

What confuses me, I did the very same thing about a month and a half ago with the picture of a puppy.  I NEVER, received a reprimand, was never told not to do it nor was I accused of spamming the forum.

You did not 'stress' us. This is was a quite ordinary moderation issue. You are far from the first member to receive a suspension. You had just been reprimanded for your on-forum behavior - it should not have come as a surprise to you.

I have no knowledge about you repeatedly posting an image a month and half ago.

I am wondering why didn’t you just ask me to stop sending this picture?  You were on the forum then and commented on the picture I posted to you immediately!

Hope has already responded to the above.

Of course I would have stopped.  Instead, you instantly banned me and accused me of “spamming” .  Then, you have continued to humiliate me on the forum.......Being banned, I had no way of defending myself against your accusations.

You wish everyone to believe that I was destructively spamming this forum and this is absolutely not true.

Your account was 'suspended', not 'banned', as you well know.

The thread where your suspension was discussed was started by your forum friend, mbvv. I suggest that if you have an issue with that thread, you take it up with mbvv. Do not pretend to us that you were unaware of what mbvv was doing - it is apparent that you and mbvv are in close contact.

This brings me to another point. mbvv contacted us about your concerns about one member and their medications (this is why we know for certain that you two are in close contact). We posted to the thread to add your concern. Shortly afterwards, we became aware of an almost identical 'concern' e-mailed to the owner of a very abusive blog site (targeting our members and the wider benzodiazepine withdrawal community), which he posted to his blog. The message also contained abuse directed at BB and a member of the team. It is self-evident that you were behind the message posted the abusive blog site - a site behind systematic abuse of BenzoBuddies, benzowithdrawal.com before us, our members, and the wider benzodiazepine withdrawal community for two years or more.

For this reason, I tried to e-mail you (about your comment posted to the blog), but the message bounced (twice). Since mbvv is in contact with you, we asked that mbvv ask you to contact me - you failed to respond. Instead, you attempt to sneak back onto the forum with a second account (again, against our rules).

I have appreciated BB over the last 2 years and have loved the friendships and support.  I have never had a moderation issue here until the last few months. I thank those of you who were kind to me.  You saved my life. I hope I was of help to some of you along the way.  You will always have a place in my heart.

You deserve to know that 18 months ago we were approached by more than one active member of BW to question your motives, as it appeared that you were a 'friend' of the abusive blog owner. We made it clear that we are not really interested in such speculation - we will judge members by their actions, and particularly their actions at BenzoBuddies. You were given the full benefit of any doubt - it is disappointing to find your derogatory and offensive words regarding BB posted to the abusive blog. I tried contacting you to discuss this matter - you chose not to respond. You instead created this fake account.

You have posted many, many useful contributions to this community during your time here. Perhaps you should attempt a full and honest explanation of your actions - what you have explained so far will not wash.

Colin.

[0b...]