Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Banned for spamming too many kitty pics

[...]

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ho...]

• [...]

• [Co...]

• [ja...]

I understand where you're coming from. These threads always die out quickly. This will be no exception.

The team is often under attack. Just as it's important to let our members express themselves, I feel the team also has a right to explain why we've done, what we've done. If that can be done by answering questions that members feel the need to ask, I see no harm in that.

I was happy to answer offandrunning's questions. I hope those answers have cleared some things up. If there are more questions on this thread, they will also be answered to the best of our abilities.

You can't do right for doing wrong.

You're absolutely right about that Dave. Not everyone is going to be happy with this and there are some who are *grateful to have this all explained to them (I have PMs to show me that).

Hope

* That should have been "grateful"...not what I originally typed which was "regretful".

The team is often under attack. Just as it's important to let our members express themselves, I feel the team also has a right to explain why we've done, what we've done. If that can be done by answering questions that members feel the need to ask, I see no harm in that.

I suppose I feel the team has exercised the right to explain themselves adequately now.

I always try to quit when I'm ahead.

I suspect most members just want it to end now rather than being prolonged by extended question time.

I'll now try to take my own advice and resist any further urge to respond. ::)

I'll now try to take my own advice and resist any further urge to respond. ::)

It's not so easy when you believe in your position on an issue, to not be heard.  :) I suspect if you were being told how unfair you were or there were those telling out and out lies about you, that it would be difficult not to defend yourself.

I would also like to note that the last comment made by a team member regarding the subject of this thread was 4 hours ago. Since that time the posts have been made my members about how folks should stop posting.  ;D

I am transcribing this for the most part, so bear with me. I haven't read any of the responses here, and have no intention of doing so.  I've said my piece.  Hopefully something good will come from that.

I have spoken to the owner of the site (which really isn't me… sorry!) Out of respect for the wider benzodiazapine withdrawal community, they have asked me to issue this final statement, and this is all there is to it:

In answer to your question that you have posted twice, the blogger you have referred to is not a member of the site.  Here is the policy of the site I hang at, for your reference…

"We are not working this hard/voluntarily giving of our time and talents to create a venue for people just to have our website infiltrated by something that has nothing to do with us. This includes, M***** or any other issues related to him or Benzo Buddies. We are not affiliated with Benzo Buddies or M*****'s **************. We will take any and all measures to keep any and all of this out of *********.org. This includes both sides of an issue that has nothing whatsoever to do with *********.org".

See how nice I am?  I asterisked out the parts that you guys find offensive or endangering.  Shift-8 is fun.

Take care, people.  I'm out.  By the way, if you'd be so kind, delete my membership here.  I don't go on here to spy on anyone and only pop up when I'm asked to, but still, it's probably better if I just have no access.  I have no ghost accounts and don't want them, and proxies give me a headache.  You guys take care of your little world… I'll take care of mine.

Thanks!

-Wharf Rat

I've read most of this thread this afternoon and have had different emotions.  I was angered that Colin, Hope and the BB team were treated so shabbily. This is a wonderful site and it has and still is helping so many. I appreciate the time and effort that goes into this.

Colin is more than fair with everybody. I belong to a wonderful site for SSRI withdrawal. The rule there  is this: If anybody is caught trashing the forum elsewhere, they are banned and when a member is banned there is not discussion. I repeat Colin is more than fair!

If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.

Mark Twain

Frannie

I don't care to pick sides or slam anybody...I like Skyy and would simply like a chance to stay in contact.

Can I ask if anyone has any way to contact her send me a PM?

I have a blog in which people who wanted to get in contact with her could 'meet' by posting some comments...I'm not selling anything or making any money on it but would just like to find a way for Skyy and her friends to get in contact.

I have no idea if there is anyone around who still have a means to contact her but I hope it is ok to post this.

Michael

michael,

Solicitation of personal information or the sharing of personal information is not permitted on this forum.

Hope

oh hey, people are debating something on the internet and I have an opinion!!!!

;)

ok, I didn't read past page 5 as I basically got the idea.  My thanks to the admins for their efforts and their patience.  I never understand why the admins spend quite as much time answering these threads as they do, but I feel that it is a laudable effort towards transparency.

I certainly know myself how hard it can be to think straight in withdrawal, but posting the same thing 74 times in 20 minutes definitely counts as spam, though I guess I can see where someone with clouded thinking might think that an image like that was a friendly or positive thing.  For the record, I find those kitten things really annoying, but even if it was the most clever thing I'd ever seen it's not helpful on a high traffic forum like this one.

Anyway, hopefully folks don't get too worn down by this thread.  Thanks mods!

:)

Thanks for your ongoing support, sweet g. The team appreciates it. I've gotten many supportive PMs in the last 24 hours. They are so appreciated and certainly drown out the naysayers.  :)

Thank you everyone. :smitten:

[7b...]

I always seem to be the last to hear these things - just get up too late I guess. I received a kitten message yesterday. I actually thanked Skyy for it and added a picture on my blog of a pig from Taronga Zoo who has been trained to sit for his food. So cute. I then went into one of my long stories about why I don't eat pigs, but unfortunately my nitpicking with editing caused me to lose the lot and I was too lazy to do it again.

I had no idea that posting multiple pictures was not allowed as I have seen other members do this in the past. I have always considered it a way of just touching base with a whole lot of people you have connected with when you are not up to doing copious amounts of writing.

I don't do it myself as I don't have a huge number of friends on here (or anywhere unfortunately). Glad I have been warned though! Imagine if I had sent my lovely pig to lots of people. Some might not share my love of pigs and construe my actions as offensive.  :)

I was actually going to share with Skyy the story when I became grandmother to a big white fluffy cat. Like Lizzy, I am not keen on cats (even though I loved the one I found as a teenager) so it was difficult to show grandmotherly love towards my son's pride and joy. I tried my hardest.

Xana

Xana how could i have missed this I love this post from you.  Pig would have been nice you can send it to me.  However I must warn you I did just have it for dinner.  does that count?

I was going to be a vegetarian and I was for a while I still ate bacon though. inserting a haha

Love Lizzyxxx

It almost seems illegal. Obsessively mentioning others and making serious accusations. Taking public postings from one site and attaching them to your own. If there isn't legal action available or anything that can be done to stop that then the internet is very young. I had only stumbled upon that site once when I searched this one and I just can't believe that is even legal. 

I just can't believe that is even legal and there is nothing that can be done.

Goto, I bet you are right - it will be illegal at some point. There are horrible things that end up on the internet that should never be allowed, let alone allowed in the public domain. Right now, we just have to very carefully take care of ourselves.

Don't quite know how you could do that  - while letting people in who need help - but that might be the answer. That and warning people to be aware of problems with other sites - which I think that this thread is doing.

Well maybe it should become a registration required site. 

If there aren't too many sites like this then people should still be able to find it.

goto, it does make sense to make the forum private, however I do know that the mods have mentioned before that the great majority of this forum's readers are guests who are not registered, or won't register for one reason or another. If we were to make it private, these people would lose the resource.

Although this reply is in response to WharfRat, most of my comments are meant more for the wider membership of BB. Especially for those who know little or nothing of the background and would benefit from knowing more of the history and the truth of the situation.

In answer to your question that you have posted twice, the blogger you have referred to is not a member of the site.  Here is the policy of the site I hang at, for your reference…

"We are not working this hard/voluntarily giving of our time and talents to create a venue for people just to have our website infiltrated by something that has nothing to do with us. This includes, M***** or any other issues related to him or Benzo Buddies. We are not affiliated with Benzo Buddies or M*****'s **************. We will take any and all measures to keep any and all of this out of *********.org. This includes both sides of an issue that has nothing whatsoever to do with *********.org".

See how nice I am?  I asterisked out the parts that you guys find offensive or endangering.  Shift-8 is fun.

This is some kind of joke, right?

An administrator (WharfRat) at the new 'benzo withdrawal support forum' is associated with, and is a supporter of, the abusive blogger. The blogger in question has made public his intention to 'bring down all benzodiazepine withdrawal support forums'. Except, this did not apply to the (now defunct) BE forum run by his friends, Donna and WharfRat. Now, it seems that the new forum where WharfRat admins is also off limits to abusive blogger! Why? (Rhetorical question).

I should also like to point out that WR previously came to this forum to make a similar claim about the abusive blogger not being a member of the old forum (BE) where he used to administrate. More worryingly, some personal communications between the abusive blogger and WR published at B101's blog raise some very serious questions about WR's attitudes and intentions. WR's comments included: I'd rather just spill all of THEIR personal info onto the web, perhaps as I suggested to D, on a new website for Personal, Close Interactions for Benzo Withdrawal Sessions. That would be a hoot! Let them help others with their issues! It would be humanitarian! 8->; and: My suggestion was exposing their personal information somewhere horrible. I'm not certain to whom he specifically refers, but it is clear that he means individuals within the benzodiazepine withdrawal community. This is a man (an administrator) now entrusted with the personal details of members at the new forum.

Let's get something straight: There is no "both sides of the issue". This mess started up at benzowithdrawal.com, as it was a virtually moderation-free area (I think few would argue with this analysis). The problems over there threatened to engulf our forum (through common members), so I made clear to all those involved that they could participate at BB only if they 1) did not bring their arguments here, and 2) did not involve themselves with abusive blogs. At the time, the abusive blogger denied any involvement with such activities. We took the view that we would not act on hearsay. Later, when it became transparent that he was indeed behind the blog, he was confronted, and provided with an ultimatum: either give up his hateful blog, or be banned from BB. He chose to keep up his abusive blog. He, and the others involved in the fighting over at BW (and beyond), all agreed to the same set of conditions when this issue first arose here. They all were bound by the same forum rules. He was the only one running such a blog. When we subsequently banned his account, he then turned his attention upon our forum and its members (just as he had threatened).

You could argue (as did the abusive blogger) that we should have just left him alone, be his friend, not involve ourselves, and not ban his account, but to have capitulated would have been cowardly.

I find it interesting that the new forum where WharfRat administers is similarly off limits for the abusive blogger. But then, as WharfRat has already admitted, he and the abusive blogger are "friends". Every other benzodiazepine withdrawal support forum has been subsequently targeted by the blogger. Of course, friends of the abusive blogger (the cowardly ones) are given a free pass, for now at least. You see, only after he was challenged here (and he could no longer freely use this space), did he start attacking this forum and its members.

To reiterate: the abusive blogger broke our rules, broke his agreement with us to not become involved with abusive blogs, and lied about his previous involvement in such blogs. This is why BB is now targeted. This is what WharfRat's friend told us would happen if we challenged him.

Re: WharfRat's medical advice accusation. We have a very long standing policy of members not posting in a prescriptive manner. And since we do not vet members, this policy even applies to those who claim to possess medical qualifications. We also advise members to work with their doctors. I have gone over the policy documents at WR's new forum: they are almost identical to our own. In fact, I almost could have written them myself! So, why is our forum targeted, but WharfRat's is not? (Again, rhetorical question).

I also wish to address one of your contradictions, WR. You request (demand) that we better control our members, but at the same time, you demand that members should be free to express themselves as they wish. These two absolute positions are incompatible. The reality is that members are provided with as much freedom as possible, but within a sensible framework of rules. It is the same at any other successful forum out there of any appreciable size. It is a matter of deciding upon what lines I wish to draw for the support forum I own, just like any other forum owner.

Am I an admin (amongst several) on some other site that I won't name in order to preserve your delicate balance of control?  Yep.  Am I running the place?  Sorry, incorrect assumption.  Would you like to spin the wheel and get the BIG money, guys?

I never "assumed", nor did I suggest that you own the website - I stated several times that you admin there. Though, I (and I'm sure others) would appreciate knowing who owns the domain. Or, is that a secret?

it's a damned shame that you got a power trip and forgot that keeping people safe was the main goal of this site.  I hope I'm wrong about you.  Doubt it, though.  You enjoy talking down to people as though they are lesser beings than you, and that's just sad.  If you have conviction, leave this post up.  Let the people decide for themselves.  I don't care if I'm viewed as a "bad guy".  None of you even remotely frighten me.

Now, I'll address one of your baseless assumptions, WR: that I'm 'on a power trip'. The truth is, I wish there were more benzodiazepine support forums. Actually, one benzo forum (BW) closed as a direct result of your abusive friend's activities, and he may have played a part in other forums deciding to close their doors too. It is not me that is has been actively engaged in attempting to close down all the 'competition' - that would the abusive blogger, Donna, and you, WR. I have, in the past, recommended that members try The Trap (now defunct) if they are looking for an alternative benzodiazepine withdrawal forum. Further, when the BW forum suddenly went out of action because of a hasty forum software (security) upgrade to help tackle the problems associated with your abusive friend, I e-mailed Andrew (the owner) to offer my help to get his forum up and running again. Now, I have not been exactly shy in my criticisms of how Andrew ran his forum and how he allowed problems to develop there (and threatened to spread here), but the idea that his forum should close because of the bullying actions of one man with an unfathomable grudge is against natural justice. I disagreed with Andrew; I've disagreed with others in the wider benzodiazepine community. And, some of them have disagreed with me. So what? This does not mean that we do not appreciate that other benzodiazepine support and information websites have every right to exist. WharfRat, your friend is a consummate bully, and of a totalitarian mindset. And so are those that support him in his efforts and abusive actions.

To further undermine your accusations of a power trip, I'll tell you this. About 18 months ago, I began a process of working towards someone else taking over this community, lock, stock, and barrel. I was going to hand over the domain - there would be no opportunity for me to change my mind. However, we were finalising the handover when the abusive blogger started up his activities against this website. It was obvious that the person planning to take over here was unhappy that the abuse previously directed at members of BW was now being directed at BB. They did not back out of their commitment to me, but I knew that if I was in their shoes, I would not wish to take over a sizable forum in such circumstances. I offered them an out, and they took. I think the person concerned made the correct decision. I've been doing this a long time - it was relatively easy for me to continue to run here and deal with the new issues at the same time. For someone new, it would have been overwhelming.

More, because my time is much more restricted these days, I asked the team if one or more of them would like to create new forum to replace the one at BB. I would link to the new forum and close BB down in a controlled manner, with a viable alternative in place for present members. I also offered, if they preferred, to instead hand over the domain, and they could continue with the present forum. This offer was made last autumn. Although there was a lot of interest and support, all those that gave it serious consideration eventually declined. Why did they decline? Well, this is a pretty large community, but with the abuse being piled on top by your friend, it was too much for any of them to take on. I really do not blame them for not taking on such a project.

So, you see, there is no ego here. I don't have to run this forum, or have the 'largest benzo forum', or even own this website for my ego to remain intact. I remain here, ironically, because of your friend's activities, not in spite of them. If he did not exist, I would have left long ago to pursue other interests, and someone else would own and run BB.

I wish to make clear to members that BB will not close. Owning BenzoBuddies is not a great burden to me, especially with such an effective management team in place. There are other things I'd rather be doing, and my time is more restricted now, but this place is worth maintaining, especially as there are at present no viable alternatives for those looking for interactive online benzodiazepine withdrawal support. I know this place and its systems inside out, and the crap directed at me is like water off a duck's back. There is a need for a good benzodiazepine withdrawal support forum, but in the present atmosphere, I cannot envisage new benzodiazepine withdrawal support forums opening. So, I will stay for as long as it takes for other benzo forums to develop, and as long as there is demand for such support. Of course, benzodiazepine support forums which are affiliated with, are friends to, or have otherwise received 'special dispensation' to operate from the abusive blogger, do not count.

So, again, WharfRat, who owns the new forum? And why did they employ a friend and active supporter of the abusive blogger attacking benzodiazepine withdrawal support forums and informational sites for the past two years? Perhaps I should publish a few chestnuts of the abuse you have directed towards members of BB under your VoiceofUnreason pseudonym, and with your WharfRat moniker at the abusive blog? It is your association with the abusive blogger, and your contributions to his blog that makes your position untenable.

Did you post under the pseudonym, 'VoiceofUnreason' to the abusive blog site?

Damn straight.  I have opinions, but did not wish the innocent folks on BB or BE to be harmed by them.  I've since stopped worrying about that sort of nonsense.  I'm over the whole "Pretending to be someone else" crap.  You ever make a mistake in judgement?  Yeah, me too.  Welcome to humanity.  Enjoy your stay.

-Wharf Rat

So, nothing to do with me exposing you as being the one behind the VoiceofUnreason persona? Even though you were still using VoiceofUnreason at the time, and stopped using it immediately thereafter? "A mistake in judgement?" Really? And what about the The Unknown Soldier pseudonym you used there to abuse your targets? Just another 'mistake', I guess.

Remember, kids... if you don't read it on the web, you'll never even be aware that something exists.  People take things far too seriously.  That's a shame.

And what if they Google their name and find that their face is superimposed on a cockroach, or in compromising sexual position, or similar abuse at the abusive blog? What if they find their words are deliberately misrepresented? What if their online identity is known to their friends and family and they read the lies (and they are lies) about them? What if they suffer from depression and anxiety and find an image of hanging body directed towards them? What if they find a picture of gun at their head? What about when the blogger discovers their personal details, publishes them and/or e-mails them directly, or calls them on the telephone. Did your friend tell you about the phone calls? Would you care? After all, some of the most abusive comments appearing at the blog were by your old boss, Donna, from the BE forum. When you discovered that she lied about not even visiting there, and was actually posting as NT and Military Tanks all along, you still supported her. You claim to be more measured in your comments, but you support the blogger and poster of some of the worst comments there, and you have used aliases to join in the real muck too. You are, clearly, more intelligent than the others involved. You know better - you could do better! Shame on you.

but when someone is afraid of mayonnaise or butter, that's an issue that should not be encouraged.  Shame on you and your cohorts for not stifling such.

Why don't you do your own research instead of just swallowing the crap from your friend. Though, frankly, I think you know the content posted at the blog is nonsense. The 'butter' stuff was at the benzowithdrawal.com forum (not BenzoBuddies), and as it was explained to me, like the vast majority of the stolen content appearing at the abusive blog, it was totally misrepresented. My experience is that 99% of the content there lies somewhere between deliberate misrepresentation, and damn lies.

The only mayonnaise stuff of which I am aware (and blogged about at the abusive blog) is a recent comment from a BB member stating that they prefer full-fat mayo over half-fat because off all the additional crap they put in the half-fat version. They just felt that, 'on balance, a modest amount of full-fat mayo was a healthier option'. In what world should they be disciplined for such a statement? It is you and your friend that are the control freaks, not I, not the team here at BB. You!

Even if from time-to-time members should post something about an irrational fear, why is this a reason for them to be vilified, humiliated, and targeted? Why is it of any surprise that some people (particularly at a support forum where many members suffer from anxiety disorders) post about their anxieties and phobias? WharfRat: get - a - grip! Stop believing everything you read at your friend's blog - read the original material - read it context - and if you still don't like it: consider that the person posting it probably doesn't deserve to be abused, have their words distorted, their visage superimposed upon a dog, their personal details published, or receive crank calls from a crank.

Donna, (posting as NT and Military Tanks to the abusive blog) was particularly abusive to members of this forum and wider. (For those that don't know, Donna was the owner of BE, where WharfRat previously adminned). Where you, WharfRat, always aware of Donna posting the abuse at the abusive blog under those aliases? If not, why did you continue to support Donna after she admitted to her dishonest and abusive activities (directed towards scores of members of several online benzodiazepine withdrawal support communities over a period of about two years).

Found out about this later... I wasn't aware of it when it was happening.  I find humor in your usage of the word "abusive".  Are you guys really that thin-skinned?  ChrisW once attacked me for drinking beer during withdrawal and accused me of driving drunk with my toddlers, which is a false statement.  Am I at his doorstep?  No.  Do I have the capability to hunt him down and give a knock on his door?  Yes.  But that's just it... this is the internet.  None of this really is of any consequence.  It's just a bunch of blather from people who think they are powerful because they believe that they are untouchable because they actually think a monitor will protect them.  Eventually, one realizes that some things simply don't matter.  Hell, The Benzo Boogeyman could post something I wrote and call me out on it, and you know what?  I'd appreciate that.  We all say stupid things from time to time.  If we're shown to have done such, we might just learn not to do that again.  Ironically, though, it's only if you look.  That's the beauty of the internet... if you don't look, you'll never even be aware that anything occurred.  You're obviously paying attention, so why even bother?  If you never looked at the blog in question, would your lives change in any way?  Nope.

Let's try this again: Were you, WharfRat, always aware of Donna posting the abuse at the abusive blog under those aliases? If not, why did you continue to support Donna after she admitted to her dishonest and abusive activities (directed towards scores of members of several online benzodiazepine withdrawal support communities over a period of about two years)?

You seem oblivious to the fact that most members of BB and other benzodiazepine withdrawal forums suffer from an underlying anxiety disorder or experience heightened anxiety as a withdrawal symptom. Just because you proclaim that they should not experience distress, this does not equal that will not experience distress. The distress caused by the blogger is deliberate, and is indefensible. It is abuse of vulnerable people, plain and simple. I'm sure, even if you will not admit to this, you know it to be true.

And yes, the demonic enemy to all that is holy is a friend of mine.

For the sake of your members (and future members), your association with the abusive blogger requires clarification. Contrast your above statement with the one provided to us by one of your members:

[THE NEW FORUM] is in NO way affiliated with [ABUSIVE BLOG] or [ABUSIVE BLOGGER].  He is not now and will not ever be allowed to join that forum.  [WHARFRAT] has no respect for him.  [WHARFRAT] is healed from his dependence, and merely wants to help people seeking medically based information on benzodiazepine withdrawal.  I have found him to be very kind and supportive, and to have a very funny sense of humor.

Which is it? Are you a 'friend of the abusive blogger,' or do you have "no respect for him"? I think your members deserve to know the truth, don't you?

I have nothing against your site, except that you practically have created a totalitarian regime in a small segment of the internet, and it seems to have gone to your head.

It is true that we have had to develop more security policies for members, make small adaptions to the rules, and be more strict about the personal information that members might like to share. Although the changes have been relatively small, they were in response to the abuse of your friend. Not least because he obtained and published the personal messages of members from the BW forum. At the same time as the accounts were craked at BW, there were numerous attempts to crack the accounts many of our members and all of the team. BB is not remotely 'totalitarian', but it is targeted by someone of a totalitarian mindset, that would choose, if he could, to deny our members the opportunity to express any view contrary to his. And you, WR, support him in this, as 'WharfRat', and before that, 'VoiceofUnreason', and, as 'The Unknown Soldier (any other abusive personae you'd care to admit to now?).

I think I should outline a little more of the kind of abuse that routinely occurs (almost with every entry and comment) at the abusive blog. Targets have their faces attached to rats, cockroaches, dogs, etc. They have their words totally misrepresented or doctored, and their personal details published. They are verbally abused with the words, f*****, c***, psycho, vermin, bitch, Nazi, and virtually any other offensive/abusive/demeaning words and phrases you might imagine. Some of the most vulnerable have pictures of hanging bodies directed towards them. If they are real 'lucky', they will even receive a phone call from the abusive blogger. This is the blog and 'man' with which WR is involved and associates. WR is the 'man' with your personal details at the new 'benzodiazepine withdrawal support forum'!

Just take care of people, and don't allow doctors to be bashed or allow your members to give medical advice, since I doubt many of them are actually licensed to do such.

Hypocrite. More recently, you and your friends have turned on Prof. Ashton. A woman in her eighties, your friend publishes photoshopped images of his psycho-sexual fantasies of Prof. Ashton. Professor Ashton, a retired GP, is subject the the most disgusting vilification at the abusive blog by you and your friends. Prof. Ashton has done more than anyone else to shine a light on benzodiazepine matters. You do not have to agree with her writings, but why the abuse?

Professor Ashton is not some kook misrepresenting her medical and research credentials. Ashton is one of the main sources for the advice published at the NHS Clinical Knowledge Summaries website: http://www.cks.nhs.uk/benzodiazepine_and_z_drug_withdrawal/evidence/references

I'm sure you know full well that we have a very long-standing policy regarding the giving of medical advice. The policy was later developed into a full Policy Document, and is detailed here: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=25837.0

As for 'doctor-bashing'; our rules and registration agreement include the following:

Whilst some of our members report negative experiences with doctors, psychiatrists, or the wider medical profession, and although we do not wish to outlaw comments about how members feel let down and mistreated in their personal medical care, you are not permitted to use this community as a platform to spread general anti-doctor or anti-psychiatry propaganda. Nor should you, unless you are posting a recommendation, name those involved in your healthcare. For more about this policy, please read our Anti-doctor and Anti-psychiatry Sentiments Advisory notice.

Stop trying to control people.  I wince whenever The Benzo Boogeyman uses the word "cult" to describe your site, but you keep giving the man ammunition for this.  Just take care of people and stop trying to control where they choose to post.

Any 'developed' support forum, group, association or business will have rules governing 'behaviour likely to bring the forum/group/association/business into disrepute'. They are not going to allow members/associates/employees to verbally abuse the entity or its members through outside avenues. You must be living in a fantasy world if you believe or expect otherwise. Isn't it telling that on the one hand you attempt to demand (erroneously) that we need to restrict members from posting anti-doctor comments, but at the same time, you make clear that you will not be restricted from writing whatever you wish, wherever you wish [emphasis is mine]:

Do I occasionally post on the EVIL blogger's site?  Yep.  I have opinions, as do most grown ups, and I don't really care if anyone agrees with them or not.  I'll post wherever I wish, and no one will control me.  One might not agree with what I have to say, as is their right, but I'll not be stifled by anyone.

I'm sure you have good intentions here, but there are more people that are disgusted with the way you run this site than you'll ever realize.  Make it better.  I don't care if anyone comes to where I'm currently an admin at or not, as long as they get better and aren't given bad and possibly dangerous advice.  I would like to think that you feel the same way.

I doubt you do, though.

There are some that feel that they can join a community, agree to its conditions and rules, and then not be bound those conditions and rules (this would seemingly describe you). Then there are those that complain about the rules (but stay). There are important points about this second group. First, if they find the rules here 'too sniffling', they would have found the rules less restrictive if not for the activities of your friend. Secondly, since your friend (is partially) responsible for the lack of choice of benzodiazepine withdrawal forums, they are stuck with a forum that might not be the best fit for them (BB cannot be all things to all people). I have to say though, (in my opinion and experience) in all the ways that are important, BB is the least restrictive of the all the online benzodiazepine support forums that have existed. Members are not required to taper off benzodiazepines as a condition of membership. They are free to follow any medically safe and patient-centered withdrawal method they wish. They are completely free to post their views, so long as they are not abusive towards other members, so long as they are not attempting to sabotage the efforts of others to quit, or potentially place others in danger by posting dangerous suggestions. If I happen to disagree with a post from a member, I might reply. If I strongly disagree with them, they might receive a strong reply (particularly if they have expressed their views in strong terms). You know, this is a discussion forum after all.

Sometimes members do not follow our guidelines and rules. Whoever would have thought it!? When we come across posts that breach the rules, we deal with them. You seem to expect the impossible, where members will be stopped from breaking the rules in advance of their actions.

I hope I'm wrong about you.  Doubt it, though.  You enjoy talking down to people as though they are lesser beings than you, and that's just sad.  If you have conviction, leave this post up.  Let the people decide for themselves.  I don't care if I'm viewed as a "bad guy".  None of you even remotely frighten me.

-Wharf Rat

It is not me that comments to an abusive blog that seeks to humiliate, demean, and vilify those I somehow think of as less than me. It is not me that does these things behind the mask of an alias. It is not me that that has expressed the desire to 'publish their personal details at a horrible website'. You are a phony WharfRat. I don't know if you would actually do what you suggested you would like to do with the personal details of those with whom you have a grudge, but why would anyone knowingly take the chance? Well, it seems they don't know - this is the reason for me publishing these comments.

"If I have conviction"? Really? Your account was not banned after your false representations here in the past. Nor was it banned after my disclosure of your VoiceofUnreason persona. All that your post here has done is afforded me the opportunity to explain the situation to our (and your) members.

On a side note. I have made this offer before: although we strongly discourage it, members are free to request access to the archive detailing all the abuse, attempted cracking of accounts, my and the abusive bloggers correspondence, Donna's false claims of 'not even visiting the abusive blog' (when in actuality, she was involved from the beginning), etc. You can read WR's post to our forum, when as Admin of the BE forum, he attempts to persuade our members that the abusive blogger is not a member of his forum (even though they share the same online name, avatar, etc.). I stress though, if you are not feeling well, it is probably better left alone. There is a hell of a lot of material to get through too. However, in the interests of transparency, the offer is there to all members.

Just to add what Colin has said on the previous page.

There was a time awhile ago when someone notified me that my so called picture and my email address had been posted by that blogger. Although the picture wasn't mine the email was. How was that possible? Then I thought about it and remembered the time someone from BE asked me to post my success story there. Didn't think there would be a problem with it, after all we are all in this together. Anyway, a little history and you can see where I'm going with this. The BE site owner gave the abusive blogger all the members personal information. What are the chances of guessing someones email? The blogger thought he had my correct living location also, but I was going through a different server at that time. Yes, he had the IP address recorded too.

If a person wants to join a different I don't believe there is anything wrong with doing so and it could also be healthy. The more forums, the better exposure to helping those who wish to understand the withdrawal process and quit Benzodiazepines.

Just 'please' be very careful when passing along any personal information.

[5c...]

This might be a stupid question but I am going to ask it anyway. Can visiting that blog to read give them a way to check your IP address? This would be a worry as I think most of us have had a look over there from time to time - to see if we are famous.  :o

Thanks,

Xana

[7b...]

Xana

I can answer that for you.  No that is not possible you have to join or register at a site for that to happen.  haha on the famous or is that infamous do you think.  Famous would be you on the cover of Vanity Fair dont you think haha.  I also think the ip address gives them the whereabouts but not your street address please correct me if i am wrong.  I think you are safe your left of the gumtree next to the billabong right.

Lizzyxxx

Your IP address is visible even if you do not join, that's why it's suggested to use a proxy server. The only information they can see without a court order is your service provider and which town they are located. Email, personal information they would know upon you joining.

[7b...]
Mike so if you visit any site online your ip address is visible to the site owner?  So every time Xana or anyone else has visited the site that shall remain unnamed our ip addresses can be seen.  What is a proxy server anyway I know i sound backwards well we kind of are down here haha. 

[bd...]