Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Worst Drought Ever

[Re...]

I’ve lived here for 23 years and I’ve never seen anything like this drought.  My state and most of the surrounding states near me are on fire.  Crops are dying in the fields and a state of emergency was declared here in June.

The governor won’t let the farmers tap in to the aquifers because we need to keep the water supply for municipalities and the oil & gas industry.  So they are putting in new landscape in town but letting us out here in the rural area just fry.  Bankruptcies will be coming for the farmers and animals are already suffering and will be suffering even worse this winter.

My trees are dying, my shrubs are dying, my perennials are dying, and even my bulb type plants never flowered and just died back this year.  I wonder what it will look like here next Spring.  I wonder if there will be any hay this winter.  How many lives and homes will be lost still this season?  We are out of resources to combat this drought both in water and in fire protection.

Anybody else going through this?  Feel free to come here and post your concerns or vent at will.

Oddly, the UK is having lots of rain. Flood warnings are being issued for many parts of the country.

I just came on here to say how sad I was to read of your experience and your fears for the future.

I hope the sun chills out a bit and weather gets more mellow as soon as possible for you.

[5e...]

i think a lot of guys here in the uk are going to be hammered by this bad weather

failed rotten crops etc not to mention insuarance claims etc i can see us being in a bad way by the winter

crazy times