Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Kitty Thread: Post Cute Photos and Videos Here - Meow!

[mp...]

AWww DD, what a lovely story about how you got the cats. They always come with interesting stories and we learn to love them so much.

After I found Geronimo I started to feed feral cats, you know those not friendly cats that live on the streets. At one point I had 19 cats, yep I was the crazy cat lady of the neighborhood LOL. To keep the population down I made sterilize all the cats plus got all the vaccines for them. They were so healthy and lovely. Even with time I could pet a couple of them. I was living in Florida at that time and I cared for the cats for over 6 years. In July of this year I moved back to my home-country, Argentina, so I had to left the cats behind (14 at that time). It was terrible sad for me but thank God I found somebody that would feed and take care of them for me. Well I can only tell you how much I miss my boys and girls from Florida. I'll post some pictures of them. All of them have interesting stories too. Now and then I see their pics and can't help but feel sad because I truly miss them and I'm sure most of them miss me too.

I'm moving to the country side but we'll have the city (well most like a big town LOL) at only 5 minutes so it will cool. We are building our home and we have to finish by Feb then we can move there. Even when I know Geronimo will like it there I'm sure he'll miss where we live now (My sister in law's house) as he has all the people as his servants LOL. Everybody love him and pet him and play with him. Tonight we'll have people over for dinner so I'm sure he'll receive a lot of extra attention.

It's very hot here and he has spent all day in front of the fan. He is so funny and lazy.

I hope to hear more stories about your kitties soon.

Love and Merry Christmas

Laura

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ca...]

• [...]

• [mp...]

• [sn...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol Laura.

You certainly love cats 19.Look forward to seeing pictures of your feral cats,  we fed a stray many years ago with our other 4 cats we called him Samson he was a black and white and huge hence the name. He used to come through the cat flap and pinch the other cats dinners as we caught him a time or two.

Then we noticed that he did not look well he was difficult to approach, we then noticed things on his body so we kept him away from our cats it wasn't that we did not care about Samson we were concerned about ours, so we shut him in our shed and called the R.S.P.C.A here in the U.K they look after animals and they came out and looked at Samson, he was riddled with maggots I do not know how this happened and we were told the best thing was to have him put down, I cried so much, a few days later a woman came round accusing us of having Samson put down, hubby had a go at her as we had asked round to see if any one owned him.

When you said it was hot where you are  and Geronimo was in front of the fan, well every time I open my freezer door Sweep has to come and lie in front of it, have you ever known a cat to sunbathe in front of a freezer.

A new home for you all how wonderful and in the countryside, my dream.

Lots of servants lol

Have a lovely Christmas Laura

DD :smitten:

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z414/Lilyagain/Christmas%202012/christmaskittenIsSanta.jpg

Merry Christmas to all my Friends here on the Kitty Thread!

Wishing you a wonderful next year!

Love,

Lily

http://www.tehcute.com/pics/201109/heart-kittens.jpg

have an easy, loving and pain free christmas everyone  :)

Awwwwwww I could just eat them up.

Happy Christmas Laura it is almost 4.00 pm here in the U.K and it has started to get dark, just started to watch Walt Disneys film Lady and the Tramp I can't remember when I last watched it. Hope you are having a good day, Sooty and Sweep are fast asleep never known cats to snore so loudly :D

Happy Christmas DD  :smitten:

It is almost 1pm here and today is not hot so the fan isn't on. Geronimo still sleeping at my feet. He had my foot between his paws and didn't want to let it go. He is such a brat. Keep Sooty and sweep warm. Is it cold there?

Laura :smitten:

Weather not to bad today, keep Sooty and Sweep warm  ;D they have got fur coats on, Sweep flung himself in front of the freezer door this morning when I opened it. Send Geronimo over I will keep him cool.

Hubby went into the back bedroom this morning to feed our  hamster Missie, we had her before the cats, they would not leave her alone so we had no choice to put her in the spare room. He came down in a rush and asked me to come up, Missie was lying on her side and I honestly though she was dying, so I put her in her pet carrier box and brought her downstairs.

S and S got wind that she was with me, so hubby sorted them out whilst I saw to Missie, I gave her some water well tried to feed her not easy and after about 10 minutes she perked up, keep going up to see her and you would not think there was any thing wrong with her.

But I have a feeling she will not be with us for much longer, hamsters only last about 2 years and it was 2 years ago we had her.

Oh Laura to be a cat just to be able to sleep, eat, drink and play oh what joy.

Going to do a cross stitch of S and S have a few of cats that I have had done, must frame them. will get my son to do me  a chart of S and S it will take a while, luckily they are black and white.

Poor Missie, I hope is nothing wrong with her..

That is so sweet that you make cross stitches of your cats. I want to make a poster with pictures of the cats I had in Florida but hubby said it will be sad to see their pics every day.

This is Romulus, one of the kitties I had in Florida. He and his brother were about 6 weeks old when we left. I didn't had kitties in a long time because all the females were spayed but I could never caught their Mom who BTW I thought it was a boy. I hope they are OK, they were so tiny. 

http://i49.tinypic.com/2ywfogj.jpg

And this is Remus, Romulus brother with their mom Enrique, I know she has a male name but I was sure she was a boy LOL

http://i47.tinypic.com/rvlzpx.jpg

I'll post more pics later.

Love

laura

Laura they are lovely cats.

It is easy to make a mistake on what sex a cat is my sister had a cat and she was called Tilly when  I went to see my sister and met Tilly I said to my sister that Tilly was a Tilly with a willy ::) and she said how do you know, and I said that I just did and she looked more male than female and I was right.

He was still called Tilly.

Just been to see Missie she seems okay, I really would like her down here but the cats would not leave her alone, I nursed all the hamsters we had when they were leaving us. I will not have anymore, Missie was special as she was the only living thing when I was at my darkest times.

Look forward to more pictures.

Tilly with a willy  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

I bet you have a special feeling for Missie then. We get so close to our pets during hard times. I remember how I could sit at my front door to see and give treats to the cats while I was feeling too sick to even walk a bit. When I was feeling sad I'd go to the pond I had front my home and one the cats, Mr Jay would go with me and get on my lap. He always made me smile. And Geronimo would take long naps cuddling next to me when I was having those terrible migraines. 

This is Mr Jay. He had a home but when his owner moved out they throw him to the street. He's such a sweet boy and very, very friendly. I wanted to take him in but he liked to be out with his other buddies. He even had a girlfriend LOL that is just another story, a sweet one.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2wee93b.jpg

Laura :smitten:

Laura

I have got to ask how did you manage to feed them all. love the name Mr. Jay and how did you remember each ones name, your cats helped you, mine have helped me so much. And yet when I am down and I need them, they keep out of my way and I wonder if they can sense this.

If it was not for my two I would not get up out of bed, as I look at it they need me as much as I need them.

Thought it would make you laugh Tilly with the willy ;D but it is true.

My first Christmas with my new little furry "Buddie". I love her so! I don't have any pics, my phone is never around whenever it's bright enough to get a good shot. (I don't own a camera anymore) She is tiny for a 2 year old. She gives love all the time, even when she is sleeping in her comfy round bed which sits on top of my bed. She smells so good. I was ready for her, she had been waiting a year for me. Her foster mother had been bringing her to the adoption site every other month for a year, and no one understood her. She was freaked out to be at an adoption place, so she wasn't outgoing or loving there. And although tiny, she's no kitten.

I spent hours and hours with her, observing, talking, petting. As soon as she gave her first purrrr my way, I knew it would be good - and it is.

I have been with her 2 weeks and 2 days now. Leaving the house is agony, but coming back is sweet joy.

I told everyone I would name my new kitty "Buddie", I thought it would be a boy. Well, my little girl is the best "Buddie" I've ever had.

Love,

M.  :smitten:

Edit: modified to forum default font colour

Laura

I have got to ask how did you manage to feed them all. love the name Mr. Jay and how did you remember each ones name, your cats helped you, mine have helped me so much. And yet when I am down and I need them, they keep out of my way and I wonder if they can sense this.

If it was not for my two I would not get up out of bed, as I look at it they need me as much as I need them.

Thought it would make you laugh Tilly with the willy ;D but it is true.

Thank God I never had any problem to feed them at least not with money to buy the food. Dinner time was a bit complicated sometimes because not all them ate in group. I had one girl that ate only in my window sill, another 2 that ate only at the top of the fence and one boy that only did it at my doorstep, they others were feed at the patio. The problem was when was raining because they all had to eat at the doorstep as it was the only dry place outside.  Once I had to spend 2 weeks babysitting a dog at her house and hubby had to feed them. He just put the food at the patio and didn't pay any special attention to anyone. When I came back a few of them were gone. I had to go find them and lure them back. In a few days I had all the gang back LOL.

M: congratulations on your new kitty. I bet she makes you happy and keeps you distracted. I can't be out for a long time without thinking about my big boy. I like the name  :smitten:

Laura

Laura 

I can imagine feeding them must have been difficult with so many, as Sweep keeps pinching Sootys food, I even have there packs of food in their own cupboard and I have a sort of menu for them.

They are on kitten food and I was/am feeding them Whiskas but have tried supermarket own brands and they eat it, I usually get it when it is on offer, they know how to make there money.

When I had the 4 cats there was no thing as kitten food, we gave the 4 cats cows milk but don't with these two, how times have changed. will be glad when they are on adult cat food as that comes in tins, half the price of kitten food.

M what colour is your cat, I have a feeling it is ginger I don't know why.

May all the Awe and Wonder

of a Kitten seeing it's first Christmas Tree be yours today.

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z414/Lilyagain/BB%20Animals/AudreyunderChrstmastree.jpg

My first Christmas with my new little furry "Buddie". I love her so! I don't have any pics, my phone is never around whenever it's bright enough to get a good shot. (I don't own a camera anymore) She is tiny for a 2 year old. She gives love all the time, even when she is sleeping in her comfy round bed which sits on top of my bed. She smells so good. I was ready for her, she had been waiting a year for me. Her foster mother had been bringing her to the adoption site every other month for a year, and no one understood her. She was freaked out to be at an adoption place, so she wasn't outgoing or loving there. And although tiny, she's no kitten.

I spent hours and hours with her, observing, talking, petting. As soon as she gave her first purrrr my way, I knew it would be good - and it is.

I have been with her 2 weeks and 2 days now. Leaving the house is agony, but coming back is sweet joy.

I told everyone I would name my new kitty "Buddie", I thought it would be a boy. Well, my little girl is the best "Buddie" I've ever had.

Love,

M.  :smitten:

Congratulations M.! 

I was so happy to read that you have a little love all of your own now to share your days with! 

Wishing the two of you a Wonderful First Christmas together!

Blessings on tiny Buddie and you, too!

Love,

:smitten:

Lily

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z414/Lilyagain/BB%20Animals/Tiger2.jpg

http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/o775/sanfranciscan1/005_zps150a6da7.jpg

Greetings from Cleo and Megan

Cleo--2-1/2, playful little lovebug, my kitty companion!  Adopted in 2010

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag24/s1s8/20120614_191615_zps1669fa6a.jpg

Sweep is at the front, his brother in the middle and Sooty at the back of the box hiding. With one of their sisters there are two sisters.

http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/o775/sanfranciscan1/005_zps150a6da7.jpg

Cleo was very sick when I adopted her from the Humane society.  She was about 5 months old then, and I fell in love with her at first sight.  I know I saved her life, since she was visibly ill with the virus kittens often get--I can't think of the name.  At the time I worked for another no-kill shelter, but I knew that even they would euthanize cats and kittens if they were as sick as she rapidly became, since these viruses spread very rapidly in shelters.  But I took her home, and with about $500 worth of vet visits, special prescription eye-drops, and kitty-antibiotics, she soon became the beautiful feline in the picture.

About sexing kittens, it IS sometimes hard to tell with the tiny ones.  My mother raised purebred champion Manx cats for years, but even SHE was fooled by one tiny red kitten.  Red kittens are usually male (only 1 red parent required).  For a female to be red, she has to have two red parents or a red father and a calico/tortie mother.  We assumed the red kitten was male, only to find out "he" was a "she."  :laugh:

Oh Megan!

Cleo is beautiful!  I love those big blue eyes!

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z414/Lilyagain/christmas07.gif Merry Christmas to the two of you, too!

Love,

:smitten:

Lily