Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Kitty Thread: Post Cute Photos and Videos Here - Meow!

[mp...]

Phew Sorry Carol :-[

Benzo head ::) I have just had another read, it is such a shame I had 4 cats 25 years ago and Sooty and Sweep are the first since then and I never overfed the 4, mind you they were all outdoor cats.

S and S are indoor cats due to the traffic even though our road is supposed to be access only, we have had them chipped just in case they escape they have the run of the house except for the bathroom. I it is a big house so there is lots of room for them to run and chase each other, they are asleep on my bed at the moment.

Sweep is a terror he has the devil in him for sure but I wouldn't swap him for anything, Sooty has his moments but I love them to bits.

DD :smitten:

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ca...]

• [...]

• [mp...]

• [sn...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Dd

We only have the one kitty right now but we used to have to.

Here is a kitty that looks just like our late kitty Mocha.

This kitty was lounging around at my mothers house and I just have to take her picture because she is almost identical to our Mocha.

http://i1323.photobucket.com/albums/u585/geddeca/FBDA87D5-1164-4691-BBB9-808A84BA29BB-18136-0000234486840075.jpg

Our cat is an inside and outside cat.

She was a few years old when we got her and very used to getting out.

It is very quiet where we live but it is also illegal here to have a cat out on its own.

She is licensed though.

One thing she loves to do is go for walks with us.

As soon as she sees me get my coat or shoes on she goes nuts to get outside.

Naturally sometimes I am not going for a walk and I have to lock her in.

She just yowls when she is left behind.

When she comes for a walk she doesn't even need a leash, she just follows.

we just leave food down for her anytime she wants it but she never overeats.

Tomorrow I will take a picture of her.

Carol

Hi Carol

I have a relative in Winnipeg, who have a cat and told me they have to keep it on a lead to go out, here in the U.K they are allowed to roam where they want and they are not licensed but dogs are.

I do get annoyed when cats they mess on my gravel garden and drive but I just scoop it up, I have not looked from the start of this thread but I guess it it s not long since you lost your cat.

We lost our 4 one after the other one got cat flu then the others, we didn't have them vaccinated because we didn't know much then and there was no internet, but these two have been.

I cried one night and said to hubby that I don't know what to do if anything happened to these two as they are helping me, if it wasn't for them then I would not get up in the morning. We only had them as I didn't think I would come out of hospital ,and he was lonely on his own.

Look forward to seeing a picture of your cat.

DD

My Sassy Cat:)

She is a blue tortie.

http://i1323.photobucket.com/albums/u585/geddeca/02370701-25D7-4AA0-9640-3ED8C0D15169-19607-0000241365300886.jpg

She believes that this is her chair - not mine.

Carol

Oh my gosh, Carol, she is absolutely stunning! Beautiful! When you described her in a previous post I had an image in my head of how she might look but it wasn't anything like this.

Can I have her? Pleazzzzzeeeeee? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Let her have the chair. I'd give my chair up in a heartbeat for a cat like yours.  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thank you for figuring out how to post her picture. It was so worth it!

Penny

Aw yOu guys are so nice.  Catlovers :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

She is also very soft and cuddly.

She even brings her toy mice to us in the kitchen so that we throw it down the hall.

She tears after it and then brings it back for another throw.

Carol

Thanks, Megan!

She is the queen of the house, absolutely rotten, and bullies both our Golden Retriever and Scottish Terrier.  She has one ear that is spotted.    I was driving my daughter and her friend back to her school one fall day back in Oct 1996 and saw her crying and alone, obviously abandoned.  We immediately "rescued" her and took her home with us.  Husband came home from work and spotted her and said, "What's THAT?"  (He always plays tough at first, LOL)  I explained whole story and he said, "No."  That went on for awhile...and he kept walking back to where she was perched, and finally picked her up and said, "She sure has a pretty face.  What are we going to call her?"  We've loved every minute of it.  :)

Sunnyside

:smitten:

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag24/s1s8/IMG_0076.jpg

Sooty and Sweep when they were about 12 weeks old, they have filled out especially Sweep.

DD x

Sunny she is adorable

Sooty and Sweep have got another brother black and white and two sisters that are Tabby, I hope to get some photos of them.

DD

Sooty and Sweep are so cute!  Love the names.

Our kitty is named Abby.  Have no idea why, it just seemed right at the time....

Sunnyside :smitten:

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag24/s1s8/IMG_1666.jpg

Sooty and Sweeps Mum and their brother who was called Horatio/Monty

DD

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this was already posted here but it is so cute it is worth another look.

http://i1323.photobucket.com/albums/u585/geddeca/6B942E98-75A2-42A4-BC0F-FC615A6D7CF6-27078-0000301725FC3045.jpg

From one cat lover, well obsessed cat lover.

I have just read on the BBC News web site, where a cat called Ginge had to be operated on because he decided to eat a metre of Tinsel, so please be careful all of you.

I know my two have had a go at my tree, I have not put lights on mine as I only know full well they will chew through the wires, my cats are more important than a tree with lights.

As soon as I can find the pictures of my tree albeit a small one with Sweep attacking it ::) I shall post.

DD and Sooty and Sweep :smitten:

From one cat lover, well obsessed cat lover.

I have just read on the BBC News web site, where a cat called Ginge had to be operated on because he decided to eat a metre of Tinsel, so please be careful all of you.

I know my two have had a go at my tree, I have not put lights on mine as I only know full well they will chew through the wires, my cats are more important than a tree with lights.

As soon as I can find the pictures of my tree albeit a small one with Sweep attacking it ::) I shall post.

DD and Sooty and Sweep :smitten:

This is why we can't have anything nice.  ???

We've never had a tree. That would just be one giant cat toy.  ::)

Hey guys  :smitten:

I saw this thread before and since then I wanted to post pics of my baby Geronimo for those who haven't see him yet. Finally today I did it. I had more pics of him than anything else on the laptop LOL. Well, he is the king of the house and I'm his servant LOL. He is now sleeping at my feet. He is so cuddly and soft and gorgeous  :laugh:

http://i45.tinypic.com/2hyeblj.jpg

Laura :smitten:

Hello Laura

I will be posting a picture of one of my cats knocking the hell out of my Christmas tree.

What an unusual name  Geronimo he is lovely, his he a house cat or does he go out.

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag24/s1s8/IMG_0329.jpg

Sooty and Sweep. Sooty is the one with the black smudge on his nose.

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag24/s1s8/IMG_1666.jpg

Their Mum and their brother, there was also two tabby sisters.

Hey DD,

Your baby cats are so adorable. I love the Mom, she has one blue eye!!! so cute.

Geronimo is an indoor cat. He likes to go out now and then but where we are living now he can't because there are dogs and the street is so close. We'll be moving soon too our own home and he will have lot of outdoor space. We'll be moving to the countryside, I know he'll like it there.

I know, Geronimo is a funny name. We gave him that name because I got him when he was only 2 days old. We wanted him to survive so badly so we named him after the native American warrior Geronimo, you know a strong name for a strong cat  :laugh:. Most of the time we call him Titi and he responds well.

What happened to the two tabby sisters? I'd love to see the pic of the cats knocking the tree. They are sooooo adorable!!!!!

Laura :smitten:

Sweep has got the odd eyes.

Lets start from the beginning where my son works, he over heard a friend mention that her husband went to their garage, and a cat leapt over his shoulder and he looked down and in the corner in a empty cardboard box he found 5 baby kittens. He took them in the house and mummy came to, as far as they were aware.

mummy was a stray so they adopted the lot, whilst I was in psych hospital I was there for 4 months in total, I had c/t but there were no such things as c/t w/d sxs, I had been there 3 months and my son told me about the cats and said he was having one of the kittens, which he took home with him he also took mum, but after a few weeks he could not cope, plus he had just moved into his house and was awaiting two new leather settees.

Cats and leather do not go, he ended up sending them back to his friends, I told hubby to get a cat to keep him company as I was not coming home. I came home for a few days and we went and fetched ours.

The mum now is living with my son's friend friend not far from where I live, there brother is living 70 miles away, and they have kept the sisters who live about 2 miles away.

Strange as it sounds but we keep having a visit from a Tabby frequently and our two stare at it through the French windows, I swear it is there DAD :D .

We had 4 cats at one point and we also found a stray black and white cat, and we hand reared it he was lovely, we called him Georgie Porgie  after the nursery rhyme. He was huge  and I will try and take a photo of my other cats off normal photos as we obviously did not have digital then.

We had 2 tabbies she cats Susie and Bubbles, and a pure bred blue Persian called Cammy another female and of course Georgie. they were all outdoor cats. sadly they all had leukaemia and had to be put down, that was 25 years ago.

I dare not let ours out because of all the traffic it is terrible where I live, our house is big enough they are allowed everywhere except for the bathroom, Sweep odd eyes is asleep snoring his head off, and at a guess Sooty is upstairs on my bed.

I will post the ones with Sweep batting the tree as they are on my lap top but I can not find them, my son is coming to morrow and I will get him to find them.

I envy you moving to the countryside, I have been in this house for 35 years, and it holds to many memories.