Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Kitty Thread: Post Cute Photos and Videos Here - Meow!

[mp...]

This one is adorable but has an unfortunate title: "Whack-A-Kitty". It's gentle though and all in good fun so I thought I'd post it for everyone to enjoy:

http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/tlpenny/whack_a_kitty.gif

Soooooooooooooooooooo cute!  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Snoball, I was wondering if you'd mind posting that funny pic you put up on the tech thread? If you don't feel like it would you mind if I posted it here? I got such a good laugh out of it...it would be a shame not to share it here. Let me know, 'kay? TY! :)

:)

That cat is cool. Hes like a jack in the box :laugh: Very cute though. :)

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ca...]

• [...]

• [mp...]

• [sn...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[e2...]

http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s525/bubbabeans7073/big-pussy-cat.jpg

No problem Thrive. :) As I said before, I hope the cats not hungry. ;D

snoball

hahaha..... !!!  Thanks, snoball. That is just priceless!  :laugh:

(so sorry about your cat...it's so, so hard when it comes "time".  :( )

:smitten:

[e2...]

May cat's almost that big.;D  He's 3 and a half feet long and weighs 17 lbs. It's like living with a lion.  ???

Seriously, Hope? !!! I don't think I've ever seen a cat that long before. Weight? Yes. But not length! :o

If you ever feel like sharing, I'd LOVE to see what he looks like. I can't even imagine a cat that long!  :D Is he a particular (amazonian...lol) breed?

Hope

I'm curious too! That is one large Kitty.

We had a kitty that we got from the shelter. He was a rescue kitty from a cat hoarder.

The policy of the shelter was to let them eat as much as they wanted until they were adopted.

His belly was so large it was just touching the floor. he had a very long body and his back was swayed from the weight.

We never had to limit any of our cats food before him but he was food obsessed.

One time I left a loaf of bread on the counter overnight. he ripped open the bag and ate a few pieces.

Carol

[e2...]

Here's my other cat. His name is Tuxedo. My daughter named him that when she was 7 yrs old. :)

http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/tlpenny/Tuxy_whacko.jpg

He's absolutely nuts. He should have a stamp on his forehead saying, "NO FEAR!" He will climb up anything no matter how high it is. I took the shot of him on top of the frig yesterday morning. See the motion sensor? He had both his front paws on that trying to get a little bug or something. He could have fell flat on his face, the knucklehead! lol!

In the second shot he really truly does think he's hidden from us. That was the day before yesterday. He is always up to something. Oh, yeah, and he can open every cabinet and door in the house including sliding glass closet doors. Even the ones that are sticky and I have a hard time opening! Seriously, we had to put child locks on all cabinets, cupboards, and doors that have anything toxic inside them like cleansersetc.. And the pantry door? We had to put a brass sliding lock on that one because he managed to break the child lock...twice!  :laugh:

Anyway, just thought I'd share a bit about our Tuxy. :)

I should start a doggie thread. Or is there one already started that's buried somewhere? I love dogs, too. And I'll bet there's a lot of you out there that are dog lovers too. Am I right? :)

[e2...]

One time I left a loaf of bread on the counter overnight. he ripped open the bag and ate a few pieces.

Carol

ROTFL!!!!!    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh, just the image in my mind....  :laugh:

May cat's almost that big.;D  He's 3 and a half feet long and weighs 17 lbs. It's like living with a lion.  ???

Seriously, Hope? !!! I don't think I've ever seen a cat that long before. Weight? Yes. But not length! :o

If you ever feel like sharing, I'd LOVE to see what he looks like. I can't even imagine a cat that long!  :D Is he a particular (amazonian...lol) breed?

This is the second cat I've had that was that long. I think he's got some maincoon in him, which accounts for his length. He has the face of a maincoon but isn't as large in terms of weight.

Hope

I'm curious too! That is one large Kitty.

We had a kitty that we got from the shelter. He was a rescue kitty from a cat hoarder.

The policy of the shelter was to let them eat as much as they wanted until they were adopted.

His belly was so large it was just touching the floor. he had a very long body and his back was swayed from the weight.

We never had to limit any of our cats food before him but he was food obsessed.

Carol

LOL Carol. My kitty likes to eat as well. We really need to restrict his food. He is a very big cat but he's also a huge baby and is always wanting to be picked up and carried and cuddled. We have another cat, a tortie, she's very independent and looks upon our big guy with a great deal of contempt and judgement.  :laugh: ..although, she kinda has a screw loose.  ???

Hey Thrive, Your cat is very cute. He sounds strong. You don't give him steroids, Do you? :laugh: He must workout or something. :)

I love dogs too! I was thinking about a dog thread too. 8)

I wonder how a snake thread would go over? Just kidding. But they are cool to look at, at the pet store. ;D

snoball :)

[e2...]

Hi sno,

Yes, he works out. ALL NIGHT LONG! And always in my bedroom. *groan*  ;)  He and Pepper really go for it at night. They love each other to pieces during the day but at night they seem to think terrorizing each other all over the furniture and BED is perfectly fine. I've been woken up many a night with a big whomp right on my stomach and, uh, other parts of my body that I don't really appreciate. hee hee............

Can't say I've ever liked snakes much. *shudder* But somebody has to love them so more power to you!  :thumbsup:  :)

[e2...]

This is the second cat I've had that was that long. I think he's got some maincoon in him, which accounts for his length. He has the face of a maincoon but isn't as large in terms of weight.

Hope,

I just googled Maincoon cats. OMG...do you mean that your cat looks something like this? ? ? ? ? !!!!!!

http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/tlpenny/maine-coon-2.jpg

:o  :o  :o  :o

Is his name Goliath?  ;)

Hope,

I just googled Maincoon cats. OMG...do you mean that your cat looks something like this? ? ? ? ? !!!!!!

Nooo...we think he just has some maincoon in him..which is why he's on the long side. Maincoons are really big cats...but maybe not that big as a rule. :o (I'd like to think that pic has been photoshopped..lol) They can be about 20 -25 lbs..and they are quite long. But that is more or less what my cat looks like but he's not nearly as big. He's the same colouring and has that same maincoon face.

[e2...]

Well, he sounds adorable. And, lucky you...I've wanted a tortie forever but have yet to find one at the shelters. I keep searchin' and searchin' but no luck...much to Mr. Thrive's delight. He thinks I'm a "cat lady"  ::) as in, like Carol said, a "cat hoarder". Hey, I only have two! That seems perfectly reasonable to me.  :laugh: (did have 3 but my Idgie passed peacefully in my arms in march)

I have friend who says I'm one cat away from being a crazy cat lady. Two or three isn't bad. I got my two at a shelter. They had a calico that I wanted as well but I didn't get her. I love my tortie. She's so pretty and very maternal. If anyone is upset or hurt, she's right there trying to help. I've never had a female cat before. I wasn't sure what to expect. She's lovely. I've always had big orange male cats with major attitude. ::)

Oh gosh thrive. I'm sorry to hear about your kitty who died. That must have been difficult for you.

Btw, you are being reasonable. Just ignore Mr. Thrive. I ignore Mr. Hope and it works quite well.  ;D

Hope,

Is his name Goliath?  ;)

That's the biggest cat I have ever seen. I wouldn't want to tick him off. :laugh:

Holy Stamolie..T..... :o???:o8)

Goliath would suit him well me thinks....He looks  like the "BOBCATS" I have "lurking" in my neck of the woods, except he has a tail! :laugh:

Here kitty..kitty...kitty!

[e2...]

I have friend who says I'm one cat away from being a crazy cat lady. Two or three isn't bad. I got my two at a shelter. They had a calico that I wanted as well but I didn't get her. I love my tortie. She's so pretty and very maternal. If anyone is upset or hurt, she's right there trying to help. I've never had a female cat before. I wasn't sure what to expect. She's lovely. I've always had big orange male cats with major attitude. ::)

Oh gosh thrive. I'm sorry to hear about your kitty who died. That must have been difficult for you.

Btw, you are being reasonable. Just ignore Mr. Thrive. I ignore Mr. Hope and it works quite well.  ;D

Your tortie sound so sweet. I absolutely adore cats with that type of personality. Well, I adore all cats no matter what but she sounds especially cuddly and kissable. Okay, yes, I admit it. I kiss cats. AND dogs. Okay?  :laugh:

Thanks for the advice about how to deal with Mr. Thrive. I do respect his wishes to some extent. After all, he does live here, too, but still.... I usually do what I want to do regardless. Hey, I have enough love to go around! And, really, even though he acts like a grump he does love our cats and dog to pieces. Just as much as I do. But you'll never hear it come out of his lips. And there's no denying what one can see when looking into another's eyes. And his eyes go all "goo goo ga ga" when the animals are around. He can't fool me. ;)

I have no idea how you managed to curb yourself from getting the calico. I really have to hand it to you. You are one s-t-r-o-n-g woman, Hope!

Thanks for the kind words about my Idgie. She lived a long happy life and was not alone when it was her time to go so it ended as best it possibly could have for her. I do miss her a great deal though. But like you said in a previous post, the short time we have with them is well worth it. :thumbsup:

[e2...]

What's the matter, sno? Are you afraid something like this might happen to you?

http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/tlpenny/head_lion.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

[e2...]

Holy Stamolie..T..... :o???:o8)

Goliath would suit him well me thinks....He looks  like the "BOBCATS" I have "lurking" in my neck of the woods, except he has a tail! :laugh:

Here kitty..kitty...kitty!

http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/tlpenny/goliath.jpg

"Goliath? Goliath, you say? You humans amuse me to no end!"

Hi Carol,

I've been "lurking" (not posting anything) and admiring the kitty photos!  Long before discovering BB's I grew up as the daughter of a purebred All-American(grand champion) Manx breeder, so I know some stuff:

A "tortoiseshell" is black, orange, and cream (yellow) and always female--they say there are a few males, but in 60+ years of life I've never seen one!

A "calico" is a tortoiseshell with white - a true tortie has no white at all.

Your cat is a Blue-Cream, or dilute Tortoiseshell.  The difference is the same, genetically, as that between a black cat and a gray cat.  Your kitty is "diluted" in color.  I've never heard the term "blue tortie," maybe it's regional.

megan 

Welcome to the kitty thread. Someplace we can talk about something other than -.

She is very long haired and mostly grey with orange tufts in patches all through.

No white. Maybe i got the name mixed up since then.

They said they knew by her colouring that she was female.

I must figure out how to upload a picture.

Thanks for the info.

Carol

According to Megan's definition, my kitty is a true tortie. She's mostly black, orange with a very small bit of the yellow cream colour. I've seen dilute torties. They're lovely.

Megan, I didn't know you we're such a cat expert. ;D

What's the matter, sno? Are you afraid something like this might happen to you?

http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/tlpenny/head_lion.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Haha, Very funny Thrive :) That's one brave or perhaps judgement lacking dude. :laugh: