Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Kitty Thread: Post Cute Photos and Videos Here - Meow!

[mp...]

Well, It sure is nice to see he has a nice home and nice people to share with. I bet he's a happy little guy now. :) I can see he brings you much joy.

Bless you and your family and cats. :angel:

Snoball

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ca...]

• [...]

• [mp...]

• [sn...]

Top Posters In This Topic

And here's Jackie Boy....

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z414/Lilyagain/Family/Jackie_zpsaa6bb300.jpg

He is all snuggled in now for a long winter's nap...

He enjoyed being  ♪♫ Home for the Holidays ♫ ♪

in his Forever Home.

And we are enjoying him, too.

He and Gracie Belle have been with us for 4 months now!

Love to all,

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z414/Lilyagain/Smileys%20from%20Annie/cat-2_zpsf2f58c21.gif

Lily,

Mama to the little Velvet Man

Lily,

What a sweet cat! My cat Joy is a black and white too!

Love

Joy :smitten:

Lily

He is a darling. Do they both get along?

Hi Carol,

Yes, Jackie and Gracie do get along pretty well most of the time.  We see them giving licks to each other many days and they sleep next to each other on different levels of a cat tree.  They spend hours in the same room and pay little attention to each other, too.  So I think they are fine with their relationship.

But since he is older, 9 years, he doesn't really want to play as much as she does and this is a little hard.  It harder on their Benzo recovering Mama then them, I think. and I am trying to deal well with the extra stimuli.  I get some serious anxiety revs but think they are dealing with each other fine! 

He does play some time probably every day with her.  But other times he "resists" her playful advances.  He just postures mostly and once in a long while will take a warning swing at her but doesn't actually hit her.  She isn't afraid of him and from their behavior we think he is the dominant cat so he isn't really being bothered too much by her either or he would protest more vigorously!  I would have loved for them to be best friends but I don't think that is going to happen at least for a while.

She was supposed to be 2 years old and we thought/hoped that she would be a bit more calm and mature than she is.  She is pretty wild in kitten-like play yet.  Even though she was at a good weight for her size, she gain about an ounce a week for the first 6 or so weeks she was with us.  We think for that reason she was much younger.  She didn't gain "fat" or roundness but got taller and longer!  She must have been younger than 2 year of age!  Now she seems to be fairly stable and not in a growth spurt.  That is awesome!  We hope she will stay at this weight!  And since Jackie is at almost 11 pounds and she is just over 7 pounds... she can't hurt him if she tries to "rough house" with him.  That is very helpful to all of us!!!  (Yes especially to the Benzo recovering, anxiety prone Mama!  lol )

We were looking for cats that were known to get along with others!  That was our biggest desire and for one to be small so she could be a lap cat for me.  So that is how we came to have them and it is pretty good compared to how cats can relate to each other. 

Wow!  That was one long answer!  More than you ever really wanted to know!

Love,

:smitten:

Lily

Hi Joy,

I didn't realize that Joy was the name of your pretty cat!  I thought perhaps your member name meant something like "Happiness is a cat!".  Although having said that... our last dog was named Happy! 

I wondered if your avatar was your kitty!  I think she is very sweet looking!  When you are feeling better sometime maybe you will post us a photo of her.  Sometime I will have to get a photo of my two together in my photo bucket and post them.  They looked like a Daddy and his kitten when they first came! 

Hope you are dong well with your second cut!

Love to you,

Lily

Well, It sure is nice to see he has a nice home and nice people to share with. I bet he's a happy little guy now. :) I can see he brings you much joy.

Bless you and your family and cats. :angel:

Snoball

Thank you Snoball!  I appreciate so much your blessing! 

Love,

Lily

Lily

It is what I wanted to know!

Thank you for writing it all down.

Our Sassy cat is an extrodinarily playful (hunting) cat.

She is around 7 I think and lives for play or preying :)

We had an older cat named Mocha who never got any peace once we acquired Sassy.

It was not a good situation for our poor Mocha.

And our daughter adopted a second cat to their household.

It was a beautiful tempered cat but their original cat would not accept her.

They tried everything for about 8 months.

Then they decided that for their second cats well being they would have to give her away.

It broke my daughter's heart to do.

here is a picture of a kitty that looks just like our Mocha did.

http://i1323.photobucket.com/albums/u585/geddeca/FBDA87D5-1164-4691-BBB9-808A84BA29BB-18136-0000234486840075.jpg

Love Carol

Hi Carol,

I have read in so many on-line cat blogs stories like yours and your daughter's.  That is so hard!  I am sorry for how it worked out for your Mocha and your daughter having to give the second cat up.  That is why we asked in depth about how they got along with other cats but even then a cat won't always accept every other cat!  Mocha was very beautiful if she looked like that photo.  I am sorry, Carol.

We had a stray come a while back when we still had our 14 year old, tiny kitty.  She was only 6 pounds and the new coming was a young male weighting almost 9 pounds and growing yet.  I loved him but after about 10 days of seeing him demand more closeness to her than she wanted to give, we had to take him to a pet rescue.  Our little kitty was just too old, too fragile and too precious to have her little face look so sad.  It broke a lot of hearts to have this happen!  That experience was what prompted us to try to get cat-loving kitties to be together!  I never wanted to do that again.   

It is odd but since I posted this photo, the last two days the kitties are actually doing very well together and it is so great!  (My CNS is so relieved!)  We think what is happening is that Jackie is actually gently teaching Gracie her manners as a cat of her age doesn't yet know how to behavior with adults!  (I had read that before we got them.  And as I wrote, we would not have chosen to put a cat as young as she was with a 9 year old.)  So we are just watching more now and not working so hard to distract her anytime we think Jackie might not want her attention and letting them find a relationship.  It seems to be working!  They are doing more posturing but also are actually running more together in play, too!  It really does looks like Jackie is simply training her - not in a bad way but just showing her how to be adult.  She seems to be "getting it", too!  Delight!  I will never let one of them hurt the other.  It is nothing like that!

So, we are hoping that as she gets a few months older and they are allowed to work out a relationship that they will enjoy each other more.  Yesterday they did a lot of just running side by side in the house and then took a nap together on the cat tree for hours!  In the evening they both came to sit with me, one on each side, as I worked on the computer.  They just slept!  So as long as they are having quality time each day together and not making any verbal sounds like hissing or growling and not hitting each other, I think they are good.  I think posturing is not a big deal for cats - even their ears don't go flat or back.  They just bow their necks a little and do a little stand off looking into each other's eyes.  Then Gracie decides she wants to be somewhere else and runs off to play.  Later they do it all over again.  She is one smart little cookie, too.  She can learn faster than any cat we have had so I know she is going to figure this out very fast, too. 

Well, I hope this further answers your questions.  You can see I have thought a lot about it.  If I thought that one of them couldn't have a good and happy life with the other one... we would had to have given one up and would have done so.  I do wish all kitties could get along... it is a heart break when they don't! 

Hope you are feeling better!

Love,

Lily with =^..^= (Jackie)  &  >^..^< (Gracie Belle)

Those are awesome, mandala!  What a beautiful kitty! 

And isn't that the truth about some kitties wanting a huge bed!  We had one like that.  Although she never met a bed she didn't like!!! 

Lily

grumpy cat does not like ativan withdrawal

http://www.deargrumpycat.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Grumpy-Cat1.jpg

Sorry I'm bored...

* ugh did not mean to quote myself! Sorries!

[ab...]

And isn't that the truth about some kitties wanting a huge bed!  We had one like that.  Although she never met a bed she didn't like!!! 

Lily

Thanks, Hehe yes Lily so very true and the dog always lets her have the bed.  ;)

Lily

Our cat prefers MY king size bed! Problem is, that even after bathing her , 2 months later she still smells like skunk!

Carol

[ab...]

Our cat prefers MY king size bed! Problem is, that even after bathing her , 2 months later she still smells like skunk!

Carol

Oh Dear Carol, a nasty skunk encounter........not good. Like everything else we know too well about it will get better with time.  :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I can't believe that I have just discovered Henri the Cat, a new superstar on youtube.  Henri is really Henry, a loving kittie companion in Minneapolis. His human dad, Will Braden, captures all the black and white images, and does the voice over narration in what I'm told is hilariously poor French.

Henry plays the role of Henri, the existential feline. He is constantly disappointed by humans and life in general. He is a morose little kittie, but I have quickly grown to love him.

Here are just some of Henri's moments:

Enjoy!

I love the mentally tortured Monsieur Henri!http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z414/Lilyagain/Smileys%20from%20Annie/mini-graphics-hearts_zpsac1555e8.gif  He owns mon couer! 

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z414/Lilyagain/Smileys%20from%20Annie/cat-2_zpsf2f58c21.gif

Lily