Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Kitty Thread: Post Cute Photos and Videos Here - Meow!

[mp...]

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ca...]

• [...]

• [mp...]

• [sn...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw my phone wont load it:(

Why do some youtubes not load?

Carol

Hi Carol

Hope you can get to watch it, was thinking when it next snows I could bring some snow in for Sooty and Sweep ;D

DD :smitten:

Carlton,  oh so incredibly cute.

i felt sure that the older one was the momma but no.

Gave me a few minutes of real pleasure:)

Thank you

Carol

[*]

[*]

yeah. I could open this one

Oh the kitties in the tread mill made me laugh. Great way to excersise indoor cats:)

Thank you again Carlto for the kotty posts.

Carol

It is with great sadness that my youngest son has just told us that one of Sooty and Sweeps sisters was run over outside her home :'( she lived next to a busy road. Her sister I have been told is lost as they were the only two girls and they had three brothers, we were going to visit them as they do not live far away

from me. Some may think it is cruel to keep cats indoors but where I live the roads are busy.

It is with great sadness that my youngest son has just told us that one of Sooty and Sweeps sisters was run over outside her home :'( she lived next to a busy road. Her sister I have been told is lost as they were the only two girls and they had three brothers, we were going to visit them as they do not live far away

from me. Some may think it is cruel to keep cats indoors but where I live the roads are busy.

:( :( :(That sucks. :(

It is 3.00 am here in the U.K .

We have told Sooty and Sweep about their sister, I know it is silly and they don't understand and think we are mad :-\, we were due to visit them  to see how they were getting on but now there is only one sister left. :(

I will see if my son can get some photos of them as he works with the woman who we had S and S from, but we have been waiting months for some but still not had any.

Interesting thought how many of us have house cats and who have outdoor cats, when they were kittens if you had them from babies did you feed them kitten food. Do you let them wander every where around your home even on places where they tell you they should not go ::).

I am so sorry DD. I have lost one cat to road death many years ago & since then, I have only lived where they will have no access to traffic.  My 18 year olds have always had the run of the house, the only exception being kitchen benches & dining table. For the last few months, the girl has set up camp in my home office & is refusing to leave. She has many comfy cat beds but is insisting on sleeping inside the filing cabinet or filing tray or some storage bags I have there, no reasoning with her.

That is sad, DD.  We keep our cats inside most of the time and let them out when they want to go outside.  The road by my house is not that busy and the speed limit is only 25mph, so thankfully none of our cats have gotten run overed.

Our Sassy has a cat door.she absolutely loves it outside and runs in and out.

The problem is her muddy feet when the snow melts etc. I just cleaned the carpet last week and today there are muddy tracks to her big cat cave scratching post.

She is not allowed on the tables but there are always tracks there in the mornings:(

Carol

Our Sassy has a cat door.she absolutely loves it outside and runs in and out.

The problem is her muddy feet when the snow melts etc. I just cleaned the carpet last week and today there are muddy tracks to her big cat cave scratching post.

She is not allowed on the tables but there are always tracks there in the mornings:(

Carol

The cats are not allowed on the table her ether but they manage to be laying on the table in the morning.  ::)

Morning cat lovers :D

I had to  :laugh: at some of the replies with regards to what our cats get up to, where they sleep :)  where they are supposed to go and where not ;D.

One question are we with our cats all the time, do we know what they get up to the answer is no. We were out for hours yesterday came home to find used tea bags strewn on the kitchen floor have  a feeling it was Sweep :). I just  :laugh: my only concern was that I will have to find something suitable for hubby to put used tea bags as at the moment he uses a glass cup.

I have brought up to 2 children and you can believe me or not I have had to make things more cat proof than child proof, just to protect the cats from harm as best as I can, it will never be purrfect but I will do my upmost to protect them.

These two bundles of fur have saved my life in more ways than I can describe, I have had OCD for over 25 years they have helped me to overcome 99% of it there is still that 1% to go but I will get there.

This morning I was a wake early, went back to bed after seeing hubby off to work, S and S followed me upstairs, Sooty decided he would crawl under the covers, lord knows where Sweep went.

Dropped off somehow and was woken by the sound of a mini motor next to me, had no idea which one it was  as I have black out curtains in my room so I stroked said body and went down to his tail and it was Sooty, he has one kink in his tail where as Sweep as two, we were told that this happened when they ere babies :( but they are okay.

Thank goodness Sweep has got a white tip at the end of his tail or else I would have no idea which one has whizzed past as they belt along next to each, which I assume is that they are having a cat race and who ends up head butting the wall. But boys will be boys. :)

Don't have a digital camera yet so will have to describe one full grown but smallish cat has got herself inside one of the sleeves of an accordion lever arch file.  Whatever documents are under her posterior, I can't see but it's the M section so probably all my medical receipts. This will be interesting explaining to the tax man.

one of our cats like to suck on my dog's breast and she lets him do it!  :laugh:  He is a big baby and I am going to have to take a picture of that to put on here.  It is funny. 

one of our cats like to suck on my dog's breast and she lets him do it!  :laugh:  He is a big baby and I am going to have to take a picture of that to put on here.  It is funny.

Wow, that is unusual. Have they grown up together?

Carol

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag24/s1s8/IMG_0322_zpsc3abfeca.jpg The ginger coloured object in between Sooty and Sweep grew up with them, Rusty is a stuffed toy cat which once belonged to hubby he first gave Sooty and Sweep Rusty to keep them company whilst I was in hospital, even now all these months later they still suckle on Rusty. Yet I have a black and white Rusty but they do not want to know, it is so strange when they start to suckle and we have to pick Rusty up by the end of his tail as he is soaked with cat slobber :D.

Ok Here is a picture of my late beloved kitty Georgie.

We saved her from who knows what in 1983. 

She was being bounced on a trampoline at 3 weeks old!

Longer story shortened I took her home there and then.

I had to teach her to drink milk. When she was able to eat her poor little tummy couldnt handle it.

She had blood in her stool:(

She was the sweetest cat that I ever had. Very good mother too.

She had a long  good life with us.

http://i1323.photobucket.com/albums/u585/geddeca/0359ADD1-BD31-47A9-AEDE-679A65B27164-56982-0000650777522E11_zpsa5bbcb9f.jpg

Carol