Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

My step daughter is taking massive amts of benzos and paon medication

[La...]

Unbelievable, I knew she was addicted but had no idea just how bad its become. We are on a family vacation and she totalled her car on  the way here with 3 children inside and thank god they ate all safe. that eve after the accident she was walking holding onto walls, slurring her words to the point of not being able to understand her , she was a mess!

When we were driving my vehicle the next day and she mentioned borrowing it to drive somewhere, she is still a mess, I of course said no and when she asked why not I told her what we had all observed about her, she became angry at first but then broke down and asked me to look at her pills and she would tell me everything. OMG, after the accident she took 10 zanax  pills!!

On a regular basis she takes an  ambian , 200 mg of seroqual, 6 oxycodone, and maybe a valium or a xanax, every night to sleep, she also takes 6 oxycodone in the morning!

We have had some long talks about benzos, interdose withdrawals, half lifes the whole thing, I have no idea if any of it got through to her, she is in rough shape, that's an understatement.

All these meds have bern prescribed to her, I would love to send her Dr a letter asking what he is possibly thinking, she has no idea why she takes seroqual, she also  takes a massive dose of neurontin!

So we are all here for a week, we talked about tapering, I told her she must not c/t off any of them.

last night she took no oxys, one ambian and 1 seroqual., her speech is much improved and she can walk!

I am still just in shock at her addiction and so saddened by it all!

I am so sad for what is happening to your stepdaughter.  I also hope she will listen and learn.  Is there a way she can see another doctor?

Hi Lady:

That must have been very upsetting to you to say the least. Thank goodness she has you and your knowledge!!!

All the best

Sandy

This is why im so angry with the doctors and pharma. They just dont care. Im so so sorry, this brakes my heart. I pray you can help her.  Love Jackie