Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Wow! 3 Billion $$ Settlement - Paxil and Wellbutrin Fraud! Drug Co. Pays!

[mp...]

"The GSK settlement surpasses what had been the largest criminal case involving a drugmaker in U.S. history. In 2009, Pfizer Inc agreed to pay $2.3 billion to settle allegations it improperly marketed 13 drugs.

The cases follow a trend of U.S. authorities cracking down on how pharmaceuticals are sold, in part because of the rising cost of providing drugs through government programs."

Maybe this information also needs to be in Benzo In The News?  I didn't know of the Pfizer case..

I thought of it Babitha, but this is A/D drugs, not benzo related, so that's why I put it here.  ;D

I also mentioned it on my blog, so maybe all my friends will take a look. Gee, maybe I'll go back and post it there too.  :crazy: As we say in Minnesota, Duh.

M.  :smitten:

Thanks for posting this!  Well.. What goes around, comes around!  I hope the truth will occur the same with the Benzo drug mftgs! Thanks again.. Patty

M. I got so excited reading that news release that i jumped to the conclusion that it was a US company, even though you did say the UK..sorry.

Actually though, I tend to lump all these psychotropic drugs under the same umbrella, with differing spokes..ie: one brain.  And if one company is guilty of said practices, you can bet that more Pharma companies are doing the same thing.

NOTE:  Please do not misunderstand...I realize how many dis-eases are cured and lives saved by current and future pharmaceuticals.

While several  BB were posting on the Benzo In The News threads we were looking for resource folks to whom to direct our queries.  It seems the energy for that "mission" has dissipated for the time being..since our primary personal mission is to heal and get back our lives.

blessings to all, Babatha

Hi, did you see that national news in States about this.  Made me sick, their convention for their sales people to make millions, in pawning their drugs... Well, that's what it has been about all along.. and we know with Benzos, its been as bad and probably worse.  The axe needs to come down on all of them!  Patty